Medical cannabis dispensary opens in Nimbin

Yeah, posting doctors details would only serve in getting the doctor investigated. But what do you mean bufo when you say "the fucking mess in California"? Anyone that feels cannabis would benefit them can get a doctors recommendation and then go buy the best strains on the face of the earth, that seems like heaven to me, rather than a "fucking mess".

Also I'd be 'very' careful even mentioning the word cannabis to a doctor. In my personal experience (no matter what evidence you may have) if you tell the doctor you use cannabis medically, they will usually just write you up as a drug addict on your record and from then on not have any interest in treating ya, but that's just in my experience.

Good luck with it and i hope the whole venture works out and eventually starts expanding.

Wow, that's a pretty bold move by everyone involved. I'm proud that Aussies have stood up and opened what we've needed for so long.

I hope doctors do the right thing too. I know that all the ones I've seen are so script happy. They accept all kinds of kickbacks from pharma companies and always have some new variation of drug they're recommending. Just like some kind of crappy salesman.

smokingjoe I was NOT saying YOU were selfish ^_^

jabez the dispensceries in LA are ALL in danger of being closed as it HAS turned into a circus. Criminals are and have been profiting from the present mess that America has. I dunno how else to describe it.

Also I'd be 'very' careful even mentioning the word cannabis to a doctor. In my personal experience (no matter what evidence you may have) if you tell the doctor you use cannabis medically, they will usually just write you up as a drug addict on your record and from then on not have any interest in treating ya, but that's just in my experience.

I have had exactly the opposite reaction from my doctors, and one is a shrink :)

I think saying that there 'all' in danger of being closed might be just a little bit of media hype. Of course there's criminal activity around the growing of the medical cannabis, but that will slowly change as the law slowly provides the despenceries with a way of supplying them with enough product, so there not forced to get it from the black market. Plus despencery owners aren't allowed to have criminal records. I realize there having problems with doctors and despencery owners profiting from it, but that was always going to happen. There in the process of fully legalizing cannabis in California, there's going to be a few bumps, but I think it's going incredibly well.

BTW, just a few months ago a psychologist told me that cannabis was worse than heroin, right before reccomending 'fucking' anti-psycotics for aspergers!

Like I said, California, particularly LA is a mess.

I don't know, I think it was more of a mess when everybody had to buy it from the street, it seems a lot more orderly now.

Besides last I heard they estimate over 700 despenceries in LA alone, now if that's a mess, then I want to get messy, ^_^.

I think saying that there 'all' in danger of being closed might be just a little bit of media hype. Of course there's criminal activity around the growing of the medical cannabis, but that will slowly change as the law slowly provides the despenceries with a way of supplying them with enough product, so there not forced to get it from the black market. Plus despencery owners aren't allowed to have criminal records. I realize there having problems with doctors and despencery owners profiting from it, but that was always going to happen. There in the process of fully legalizing cannabis in California, there's going to be a few bumps, but I think it's going incredibly well.

BTW, just a few months ago a psychologist told me that cannabis was worse than heroin, right before reccomending 'fucking' anti-psycotics for aspergers!

there are plenty of "clean-slates" in criminal organizations. They use them for their shopfronts, buying grow houses etc... It could, and most likely in some of the dispensaries WOULD be the case i would have to assume in america... Cannabis will only remain profitable while people are scared to grow it... As growing is more freely accepted prices will drop, not everyone may grow but a MUCH larger proportion of the public would.

For mer personally if i was to start a dispensary over there i would want to have a research lab/factory out back for testing various strains/mixes for their effects on various illnesses. As radic says, free natural medicine to those who need it. there would be many people willing to apply for testing and i think that it needs to be viewed as a more MEDICAL thing... even though they are "Medicinal Marijuana Dispensaries" everyone still views them as basically a drug den. people are getting scripts without need and so on. I feel that the whole cause the cause is being distorted by peoples determination to make money.

85% of every doctors perscription written befor 1936 had cannabis in it

that means that 85% of all disease will again be treated with cannabis after probition

if it was legalized today

i would expect a big short fall of supply till 85% of the suffers have scored

imho

cali is a prime example

now if 85% of oz came to nimbin hemp embassy

as much as we'd love datlol

well there is no way we could hope to help everone with cannabis thearpy

this is an action

the cops have stated that they will uphold the law and bust regardless

even tho we have a team of lawers ready to pounce

seen

it will take a lotta brave medicinal users to frount

imo

we will be treating a lot of suffers that the doctors have given up on and sent home to die

so if you have a problem like dat

come to nimbin

we will help you

guidance