Medical cannabis dispensary opens in Nimbin

I think the story is that a specific preparation has been re-scheduled NOT raw Cannabis, but it opens the door to further legal challenges now.

The people behind this have been applying to have research done on a specific preparation, Mullaways Tincture. The wheels were moving in the right direction but got bogged down in beauracracy.

This is just another step in a long path, pushing the envelope further.

Just as Medicinal Cannabis was not a lay down easy won fight in the US it will be the same here.

I'd like to wish Tony and his team good luck and offer my support.

On another note, without starting a cat fight, if you do the sums decriminalisation is not the answer as it still leaves plenty of scope for criminals to run things, ie a dual system of supply, securing their revenue.

Medicinal Cannabis first with standardised, known, titrateable doses, then full legalisation with similar restrictions to alcohol is the only place to aim imo :unsure:

*This is just an idea but I wonder what would happen if the authorities were confronted with 2 Cannabis dispenceries in NSW at the same time, this one in Nimbin and one closer to Sydney, to not only gain further exposure/publicity/stir public comment/increase public awareness but to also de-fuse the 'Nimbin Bashing' that is about to unfold?? :huh:

On another note, without starting a cat fight, if you do the sums decriminalisation is not the answer as it still leaves plenty of scope for criminals to run things, ie a dual system of supply, securing their revenue.

Totally agree. if it remains illegal then criminals are supplying and there is no telling what product you are getting. I don't know what the alternative but perhaps growers licenses or something like that.

thanks Radic for the answer to my letter question.

i have a few questions/statements. I will understand if they can't be answered for what ever reason.

It seems strange that no major media organisation has picked this up? Are they afraid that they will have to open debate or are they just hoping it will go away?

Presumably the local cops would be aware as it was in that Nimbin paper. Has there been any reaction from them?

Is this an actual place (like a shop) that people can walk into (like a doctors surgery) or is it through the embassy?

Hats off to those involved. :unsure:

np freddie

It seems strange that no major media organisation has picked this up? Are they afraid that they will have to open debate or are they just hoping it will go away?

hum good question

press releases were sent

the ball is in their court

Presumably the local cops would be aware as it was in that Nimbin paper. Has there been any reaction from them?

yes we told them straight to thier faces at the cop shop

they said they are not interested tell it to the judge

they made it clear they are not there to serve and protect medicinal cannabis users

if we showed tincture or healing oil to them they would have busted us there and then

Is this an actual place (like a shop) that people can walk into (like a doctors surgery) or is it through the embassy?

yes the hemp embassy

so get your recomondations together cause mullaways medicinal medicine rulez

forward ever

free cannabis

heal the people

heal the land

I think the story is that a specific preparation has been re-scheduled NOT raw Cannabis, but it opens the door to further legal challenges now.

The people behind this have been applying to have research done on a specific preparation, Mullaways Tincture. The wheels were moving in the right direction but got bogged down in beauracracy.

NABIXIMOLS is the first Botannical cannabis extract and no it is not mullaways

i think it is imported

irey guidance

Hmm this is good news, very brave of them to go out on a limb like this.

I like the way they incorporated the "best wishes from the premier" hehe crack up.

as well as the huge as list of medical conditions cannabis helps with. It makes a very strong point when the list just keeps going on lie that.

Grace, if this hasn't been sanctioned by the police what charges could these guys be looking at if shut down ?? however i can't honestly see a court convicting someone for supplying cannabis FREE to medical users. That would cause way to much uproar.

As for getting a recommendation from the doctor, i have had two separate doctors here on the coast, one aussie one brit(dont trust those indian, script writing bastards), who have both recommended that i continue using cannabis if it is working for me as the side effects from the other drugs are quite severe and in his experience cannabis had great results helping with insomnia as well as many other issues. We probably spoke for about half an hour on the topic and i am hoping to get back in to see him soon and see if he would be interested in helping out with law reform discussions as well as medical talks and so on as he seemed quite keen back then.

however i can't honestly see a court convicting someone for supplying cannabis FREE to medical users. That would cause way to much uproar.

Giving away free pot is deemed to be the same as supplying in the eyes of the law. I would imagine they are fully aware of this and must have considered all the possibilities. I can't see how they would be able to avoid conviction? I have utmost respect for what they are doing.

As Radic said earlier:

yes we told them straight to thier faces at the cop shop

they said they are not interested tell it to the judge

they made it clear they are not there to serve and protect medicinal cannabis users

if we showed tincture or healing oil to them they would have busted us there and then