tri-node clone

That assumes that the trait is one which doesn't just appear sporadically. These kind of leaf/shoot mutations (for lack of a better term) occur occasionally but usually just grow out. We've screwed with this group of plants for nigh on 10,000 years and we're bound to end up with some odd ones.

You are also assuming that it's a high yeilder. It can be just as good or bad as the next plant, the only benefit such a trait would possibly be more branches developing in a shorter time frame but this is such a fast growing plant that the difference would probably be minimal.

Just be happy with it, grow it out and hope that it's a good type. :huh:

And @ lou lou Good to see a fellow botanical nut around. >:(

Trifoliate means that, literally three leaves. So the leaf is in three main parts. Cannabis can have trifoliate structure to the leaves, but it's on the way to a larger number of pinnate leaves.

Triploid is something completely different. Instead of 2 sets of chromosomes, one from each parent plant, (2n), they have 3 sets (3n). Polyploid plants have more than 3 sets, although this term is usually used for plants which have 4 sets of chromosomes (4n).

Triploids are usually produced (in the orchid growing world anyway) by crossing a diploid and polyploid of the same or similar plants together. These crosses are mostly sterile however. There aren't many benefits to such breeding unless there is a particular trait from one parent plant you wish to amplify and another you wish to merely be expressed at a "normal" level. Mostly for colour breeding in orchids anyway.

I would rather shocked if anyone on here has grown a polyploid let alone a triploid plant.

I haven't seen much evidence of polyploidy being used in any comon or even rare varieties, and in such fast growing annual plants it may not even be stable. Polyploid plants exhibit differences from others which have the normal sets of chromosomes, but in cannabis from memory it was only really effective in increasing fiber strength/production and not really useful for any practical purpose for narcotic production. I would love to be proven wrong on that though.

Whorlled phyllotaxy (as lou lou pointed out is probably the corect term) does NOT mean it produces 50% more of anything. It usually grows out once the plant moves to alternate node development. There are many and quite varied leaf and stem mutations in cannabis, some of them downright weird in appearance, but that's what you get for being a species that humans find useful 10,000 years ago.

I would rather shocked if anyone on here has grown a polyploid let alone a triploid plant.

I have grown a triploid :thumbsup: it was a big bud strain...and i know of an other grower who had them aswell, he was tring to breed with them without any luck...as i said I tried to clone it , but just wouldn't root :please:

later

have some bad news, the clone looks like it's dieing, it was going really well for a couple of days, the stem was not wilting at all...then everything just wilted and leaves are curling, even a mist won't get it back up...i will keep it in there just to make sure it's not just playing dead and growing roots, if rooting occurs and it perks up after a few days then we'll see

...:thumbsup:

ive had the same thing happen mate....was a mutant clone, going fine, then it just karked it :thumbsup: .....do ya have a heat mat? if it were me and the ambient temps werent too bad i would whack em on a heat mat and raise the light right up or turn it off for 24/48hrs.....and give em a heavy mist of 'seed n clone' :D ....n if that wouldnt fix it i would write it off.

but thats just me :yahoo:

good luck with it,

Me :please:

after the mist put it in a sealed crib or a clear lunch box under low light (flouros) in a cool area.

this time of the year cloning can be done under the eves of home or under foliage of larger plants just not on hot cement. if no improvement in 3 days you've done all you can.

A shame really i hate it when i loose a cut but that rarely happens after i get them through the first day or so.