Hi all...

I'm growing in a double wardrobe of dimensions 1200mm wide x 500mm deep x 1750mm high. As I'm doing a growool multi clone scrog, I'm wondering if a light rail may be a good investment. As it stands, the 400w son-t agro lamp is in the middle of the roof, and I get good coverage, but I know that the amount of light hitting the plants on the edge of the room will be less than those directly under it. The question is, how much?

So are there any cheap light rails out there of around or less than a meter long? And would this make a substantial difference? Are there any other methods I could use to expand the light getting to the outer plants? I have panda film everywhere, and I only have a simple ablite reflector, with a couple of pieces of astrofilm taped to the open ends to assist with heat extraction... (there's duct from the fan to the lamp, and I needed to mount it.)

OR am I just worrying about nothing, as the distances aren't really enough to eat into too many lumens....

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and one more thing, if anyone knows how to make a homemade light rail, that could be an option too....

Thanks... :D

Guest Urbanhog

I am not sure how I can help you, but you probably already seen this post (here)

If you haven't seen this post, there might be some information from the post that Tom started in Feburary this year on the 10th at 08:57 PM :D

Cheers,

Urbanhog :D

Hey Luke, you can get a light mover in there but it would be cheaper and better to build a new grow room, another option would be to add some compact fluoro's to boost the light where needed.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

:D Okay, thanks guys, much appreciated.

Tom Posted on Jun 7 2003, 06:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Luke, you can get a light mover in there but it would be cheaper and better to build a new grow room, another option would be to add some compact fluoro's to boost the light where needed.

I don't think building another grow is really an option... so to the flouros. How many and what spectrum would be best given the dimensions I gave earlier, given that the 400w son t will be in the middle of the roof on adjustable chain... Also, wouldn't adding even compact flouros do more to interfere with the light from the son t than make more light available to the plants? And would there be any real noticable difference between the growth on the edges with flouros and those in the middle? Would the flouro boosted plants need any different culture to take this into account?

One more and I'll leave you all alone, do you know if changing the reflector could help? I mean, the one I have is a simple one, so maybe if I got one of the nova shades it may make for more even light across the space?

Thanks, talk to you soon...

Also, wouldn't adding even compact flouros do more to interfere with the light from the son tQUOTE]

No.

One more and I'll leave you all alone, do you know if changing the reflector could help? I mean, the one I have is a simple one, so maybe if I got one of the nova shades it may make for more even light across the space?

Check it out and see.