60 minutes is working on a story about the failed drug war

I emailed insight a few months back regarding doing a story on cannabis for medicinal uses.

No reply :\

Can't wait to see this

hope it goes well MadamePandora

ABC's lateline report on medical marijuana they cut the bullshit - hopefully 60 minutes do the same. However the ABC did run it at 11 at night when the masses weren't watching so who knows.

I dunno if anybody caught Julian Morrow from the Chasers last night on ABC hosting the 2009 Andrew Olle media lecture - transcript available here (if you can find video of it that would do it more justice) - http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/11/06/2735643.htm (this has nothing to do with weed - but a very funny look at the australian publics view on tv shows/radio going across the line of good taste)

While I was watching this I thought of Crunchy's earlier post regarding 60 minutes doing a story, and was thinking if we could get Julian to do a "Chasers Peace on Drugs" or something along those lines (yes im very stoned)

Imagine them harassing Nicola Roxon / Drug Prevention Agencies / State Chief of Police etc. regarding legal medical marijuana etc.

I dunno, sometimes with humour you can show the absurdity of topics better than actually just doing a doco/report on them. And I've never seen anything in Australia like it, so it would be ground-breaking. Even the likes of Andrew Denton or Paul McDermott would be just as good.

Sorry for being off-topic re: 60mins, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Yeah got Julian's email this morning from abc sydney (suprised they gave it out) so I'll send him an email.

Andrew Denton's production company wouldn't give me his email so I have to send it to his media company. (well they almost did... then she was like who is this and what's it about?)

If I get a reply I'll let ya's know.