60 minutes is working on a story about the failed drug war

I got an email today:

Hi there

I'm a producer with 60 Minutes and working on a story on the failed war on drugs. Examining how attitudes appear to changing around the world.

We are working with LEAP, Oaksterdam and a leading US judge to film part of this story in the States

But I want to make this relevant to Australia too - and was hoping to talk to you for some ideas. I noticed you were involved in the recent rally.

Cheers

So keep your eyes out, at this stage I don't know when it will be on, or what the angle is, but I will be phoning the producer tomorrow to see what sort of help they want. And to see what angle they are taking.

If they intend to be negative about the legalisation of cannabis I will not be involved with them.

Well, I hope they do it in an unbiased, informative way. 60 minutes has a huge audience. Madame Pandora, you have a great opportunity here.

yeah as do we all :blink: as i said MP good work at least getting some contact with the people in the media buildings through your media release :wave: it could come in very handy later on when looking to get info out about stuff.

Hope you/we hear back from them about how they plan to portray cannabis, and furthermore how much of it will be cannabis related and how much will be about harder drugs, we need too make sure they define a CLEAR difference.

step lightly sista

sixty minz is verrrrrrry sus

they have baged out so many stoners everytime befor

they will cut past and edit you answers and statements

they have the power to make you look foolish and to publish unflatering images

they will lie to you if they intend to go so

guidance and protection

This would be my reply

'Thank you for your interest in the relegalisation of Cannabis issue. As your employer is a willing participant to the war on drugs, I'd be hoping to see you air a story showing how the mainstream media have steadfastly and knowingly maintained the lies and propaganda of successive misinformed politicians, judges, social commentators with little journalistic integrity for the past 48 years :wave:

I doubt 60 minutes has the credibility to publish the truth. Why would I be interested in helping your underhanded scurrilous activities any further?

Signed, the toad

as you can see, I have left the door open to further negotiation under my terms :blink: good luck Madame Pandora

• Admin

Reefer madness - http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=259336

Reefer madness: neurologist Professor Yasmin Hurd - http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=263856

Un-winnable war: reefer madness - http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=258772 this is the oldest story they did the other have all come since

As Radic said step very carefully...

I contacted the producer today

She says there should be an article screened within a month or so, with a US angle based on Oaksterdam and using the West Hollywood 'farmacy', as well as speaking to Michael Baulderstone from the Hemp Embassy for an Australian perspective. I was not able to determine whether the program will be positive or not, though by their track record I think it is not going to be as positive as we might like.

I was given no opportunity to promote the legalisation group in the brief phonecall. It seems that they have made their decisions on program content very quickly.

I suggest we watch closely for this segment to appear and perhaps make use of the nine website afterwards if comments are allowed there.

michael and i were reasoning dis today

they have not contacted him as yet

he knew nothing about it

however

michael is open to it

when i asked if he would turst sixty min to deliver his mesage

he said no

but he would still dowit

we are right

make it easy for them to join we

his vibe is to go so

all publisity is good and will create the contraversy needed to start people talking

but

i still feel away bout dis

canna help it

i mean

sixty minz has been so unethical in the past

guidance and protection