Ozstoners FAQ

Ugh .. don't use Word if you can help it. HTML was made for exchanging textual information and hyperlinks and with a halfway decent editor you should have no probs. I use Mozilla's composer ($ free) for small fixes/single pages and Dreamweaver for lots of pages. You can always export your Word doc as HTML (shitty Microsoft HTML admittedly) and clean it up in one of these apps. I don't know if you can cut'n'paste HTML source on these boards but shouldn't think it'd be too hard.

how about this for a faq:

firstly i am a n00b and havent even started a first crop yet so all the weeks and months etc in example are all stuffed up so here is my example (for begginers):

week 0: get a plate and place three peices of paper towels on it place the seeds on top of the three sheets then place another 3 sheets on top. add water and keep in a warm location if possible.

week 0 - week 1: as soon as sprouts are showing place each in a pot with (insert recommended soil for plants) sprout side down and cover with 1-2 cm of soil. Then set up your lighting systems and keep them on 24/7 and water every 2 days by using a finger test method in the top of the soil checking for moisture (insert more detail of telling if it needs more or leave it)

month 2: start adding food and nutrients (insert recommended ones here with recommended amount added to water)

month 4: increase nutrients and food and add flower boosting nutes (insert suggested types and amounts) and switch lights to run 12 hours a day to start the flowering.

month 5: check for trichromes (insert more detail plus pics) and check for males (insert more detail plus pics)

month 6: leave in darkness for 24 hrs if it's harvest time. after that hang upside down and leave for 1-3 weeks.

month 6 - month 7: cut all the buds and leave off the plants keeping both types seperate. put each type in sealable containers (tuppaware?) and leave for 1-3 weeks (pointing out that 3 weeks should provide a less harsh smoke)

well thats it but maybe others can add their own in the same format that they found best worked for them or maybe have faqs for a few different popular strains?

edit: i forgot to mention it would be great if pot size was mentioned also (example: 30cm for 5 foot plant, 25cm for 4foot) ofc these are wrong but just an example also would be good for sizes mentioned in mm and cm :rolleyes:

ofc im asking to much here ;)

Edited by Chronicon

this is it WC, so far no one has volunteered to write any of the FAQ topics, I'm about halfway doing it myself.

these are the topics I've yet to write, anyone feel free to have a bash.

• Lighting

• Ventilation, temperature & humidity

• Mediums, Nutrients and Watering

• Soil / Organic

• Hydroponic Systems

• Growing methods

OUTDOOR GROWING

• Selecting Location

• Mediums, Nutrients and Watering

• Tipping and tying down

• Growing seasons – when you can plant & harvest

• Stealth and protecting your crop from pests

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.