Ozstoners FAQ

Keep it to things a beginner needs to know at first, advanced stuff can come later, read through people’s requests for assistance and see what the most common questions are and address them first. Don't get technical, don't have a large index as beginners will think growing is too complicated and I would concentrate on the indoor side of things first as that is what new growers are mostly interested in at this time of year.

You need to know what information you have before you consider an index, it's very off putting to have information links that do nothing.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

yep, get what you're saying Tom, but its hard to nail it down. I just found it hard to decide where to draw the line. Thats why I had the overview sections at the front, which would basically be a few paragraphs explaining how easy it is to grow.

any specific suggestions would be appreciated. like do you think certain topics should be cut out, or something different

In terms of getting info for those topics, I'm sure we'd have no trouble getting that together, its just a question of how much of it should stay there.

I think that as much as possible you should link to existing topics, in the case of a long topic you could link to the appropriate page(s), links would save heaps of collating, word-processing and most importantly space on the server, the topics would also give a real life situation as well as pictures.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

This may sound a bit basic but...

What about a bit on how plants grow in general. Like a real basic biology lesson.

What is a plant?

How does it work?

Just before the basic indoor and outdoor bit. I know it might seem a bit redundant, but if people know in very basic terms whats going on then they can apply that to the MJ plant.

Something like:

Marijuana or Cannabis sp is an annual plant. All plants live and grow by converting energy from the sun or other light source in combination with other substances (nutrients and CO2).

They get the light from photosynthesis, and the other substances through absorbtion by the roots and and the leaves.

Photosynthesis occurs in the green material of the plant, upon exposure to light, some plants need very weak light others, like MJ will take as much strong light as they can get.

The plant uses photosynthesis along with plant specific nutrients to provide it with energy for its life cycle.

The term annual refers to the plants life cycle, it means that it lasts up to year from seed to production of the next generations seed. So an annual plant can live its entire life in under a year.

MJs specific life cycle is as follows:

Then describe the plants life cycle, independant of whether it is indoor or outdoor.

This should give real newcomers to growing MJ or possibly any plant an idea of what is happening when a plant grows. We might take it for granted, but not everyone knows this info.

Once you describe the life cycle of the plant it may make it easier to understand how growing pot is about providing the right situation for the plant to grow, and enviroment it can thrive in.

Of course its different for everyone, but personally if I wanted to know how to grow from scratch I would find it easier if I had an overview of what a plant was and how they worked on real basic terms before I got into the specifics of one. Before the basic indoor and outdoor bit. Otherwise an excellant job and excellant draft Pipeman keep up the good work.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.