cannabis tolerance?

I have the same problem, I even find that a 48 hour break helps with tolerance, but only for a night or so.

I hope you don't mix with tobacco, that might be why you get so fucked up from withdrawal.

It can be addictive, but the withdrawal is usually mild (in most people, even heavy smokers).

If I am about to run out, I save a bit, and just smoke a couple of cones late at night for a 3 or so nights, this seems to stop me getting even mild withdrawal. Its just if you have been smoking 24/7 heavily for months and months (as I have many times) your body doesn't like a sudden stop.

I used to smoke 24/7 and without a doubt on occasion I still shall, but I have decided the best level of smoking is to only have it in the later half of the day... When you do that, there is basically no withdrawal when you run out (unless you mix with tobacco) and you get more stoned...

To be stoned 24/7 you need STRONG WEED. Smoking is not sufficient for me when i am on one of those binges... I make Bhang (marijuana milk) from an ounce of prime buds, and drinking a lot of that will get me incredibly stoned, no matter how much my tolerance. In fact occasionally I have drunk way too much, I got overly stoned and got myself into a panic lol

How to make marijuana milk?

1.Grind up extremely well either an ounce or half ounce of the strongest buds you can get.. Its very important its really ground up well.

2. For each half ounce of buds, add 4 cups of milk. Also for each cup of milk, add 1 teaspoon of cream, the fat may help it absorb better into the milk.

3. Boil for 30 minutes, but do not let it boil over or spill or burn the milk. Keep a close eye on it.

4. Let is cool down then use a thin, fine cloth to filter out all the marijuana gunk from the milk.

5. Drink between 1/4 to 1/2 of a cup at a time depending on your tolerance and allow 90 minutes for it to take full effect. If its still not strong enough for you, increase the ratio of buds vs milk somewhat or drink even more.

Now it tastes HORRID. I get a glass of normal milk and my marijuana milk and take 1-2 sips of marijuana milk then I flush it totally down with a big mouthful of normal milk, repeat until its all done.

If your want to add to the effect, you can actually smoke a cone on top of the marijuana milk, but I strongly recommend waiting 90 or so minutes (it might take longer in some people) for it to reach peak, otherwise you may get yourself more stoned than you want.

I promise that if you follow my instructions, its impossible not to get solidly stoned, no matter what your tolerance. You can simply consume a lot more by ingestion as opposed to smoking, but it takes a lot more to make marijuana drinks/ food. So even knows if you use heaps you will get very stoned, it does eat up a lot of weed so you need a good supply..

You can also use leaf if you dont have bud..

I recommend instead of using bud, use 1 full cup of completely ground up and compacted leaf, maybe 1.5 cups and mix that with 4 cups of milk... if you have a lot of leaf, its a good way to get value for your leaf ;)

Oh its absolutely critical that you use full cream milk and not reduced fat milk , as THC absorbs into the fat in milk.

One last tip, as you are straining the milk through the cloth make sure you get every drop and strongly squeeze out the cloth (be careful though I have had a cloth rip on me doing this, if you get a bit of marijuana gunk in your milk, your just going to have to put up with it or try to fish it out)

Edited by cybergenesis

That is a huge amount to be smoking per session and especially per day, every day. No wonder you'r not getting stoned, your tolerance to the stuff by now would be sky high and it'd probably take a lot more weed than you're smoking now to get you as stoned as you want to be.

Sounds like you're heavily dependent on pot and that's your only problem. Just go without it for at least a couple of weeks - it'll probably be hard but it won't kill you, it'll do your health some good by the sounds of it plus you'll actually enjoy having a puff when you start smoking again as it'll actually serve it's purpose and get you stoned lol I'd seriously try to cut back when you start smoking it too.

Going cold turkey is the only way give it 1-2weeks and when you smoke again (even if its poor quality weed) you will experience the effects your looking for...

If you have a problem and cant seem not to go without so you always have cash to purchase, that means the temptation is always there... Remove this by banking your money, putting your cash on a credit card to make your purchases and leave yourself just enough cash for an emergency... You will notice your money save while you withdraw enough to enjoy it again... Ive gone through the same situation of excessive smoking and by the end you feel more shit then good... Everything in nature has a balance, you must find yours with your weed... :scratchin:

Substance abuse.

That's what I'd call it with where you're at now - you use it to feel "normal" which means your normal is to be stoned. Not just slightly buzzing. Stoned...and you want to be that way for a large percentage of the day if you're burning through that much.

I'm not even sure why people do this - at a point it just puts you to sleep, you don't get any more stoned you just increase the duration by less and less an amount and you dull your brain...there's a threshold.

My advice isn't taking a break, it's having the self control to cut down. Don't be a walking stereotype.

If you're feeling an edge, then have a cone just not 3, 4, 5, 6...the rest is actually just your mind...but try to get into a phase where you can just have a few per evening and don't always chase the super-stone. DO something, the more occupied you are the less you will notice it.

Save the crazy fucked up stone for the weekends or whatever.

If you get into such a routine you'll just naturally enjoy it more, and feel the loss less.

My suggestion if you're serious about shedding these kind of longings for weed is to look into vapourisation instead.

I have found since I started vaping that in the times I go without, the symptoms of hanging out are far less by comparison.

But yeah, you're just overdoing it. If you're using it as a DRUG that gets you fucked outta your brain, then such frequent use will just not do that.

:D

G'day ,

Yes , I pretty much agree with everyones points given so far :)

Excepting a few though ...

Especially I'd suggest NOT to compensate with Alcohol!!! :sick (although I totally get the suggestion)

I became an alcoholic using this methodology and I don't recommend it.

I also think that 3gm's a day isn't all that much really , I know people who smoke alot more and in MY teens I smoked way more than that (and more if I could 'afford' it ;))

It took me myself many years to learn to 'regulate' my usage ... thankfully not as long as many of my peers at the time , many of which still smoke bongs from wake to sleep lol

I'm not sure how long you have been smokin' the Good Herb ... but regardless , none of us will ever truly feel the same effects we felt with the early use ever again. That is not to say you can't get pretty close again tho ;)

STopping for a few days is fine and you will notice your first tokes back to it ... but as I think was mentioned , If you start heavy at it again then it will only be a matter of days before your back where you are now.

A few Points :

1. Eliminate tobacco as Spin (this too is easy to cut down on incrementally)

2. Eliminate Brekky Bongs (wake n Bake) ... sure that may sound like an immense task but I assure you that if you wait even a few hours into the day you will notice better effects.

3. DO smoke smaller cones , if you happen to Eliminate the Baccy in the mix then you will probably need to anyway , burn it slow and completely ... big rompers are pointless and very few actually burn it through.

4. DOn't chop up a mix and smoke it all up at once , why the rush!? ... I know when I was a full on "bonghead" we just used to smoke what was there and then go looking for more , wouldn't matter the amount. Usually , 10 cones will do little more than 2-3 of the same gear ... the more you chase the idealistic high by smoking excess the further away you get from where you want to be.

5. LESS IS MORE!!! :toke:

6. I canna summarize all I would like to type in point 6. ...

Some good points already , Cannabis is relatively non-addictive ... but a type of 'dependance' can always be a factor. I was a chronic choofer growing up and part of this was a dependance but for good reasons as I was getting a desired therapuetic relief for pain , anxiety , Insomnia etc ...

There is no need to go cold turkey and I don't beleive what your describing is 'Substance abuse' at all ... but it does take some self-control to moderate your intake , and that goes for any substance of regular indulgence. As I said , 3gms a day isn't too over the top and it will be very easy to cut down if that's what you desire , and if everyone elses suggestions are taken into consideration. You could still consume that much (expensive tho) and follow the suggestions and learn to moderate a really kick-arse high each day but I think if you do take heed then you could easily 1/2 your intake and be twice as much more stoned each day no worries. Less IS More and I canna stress that enough these days.

Not sure if you know much about Alcohol or Opiate addiction but the exact same thing applies when wanting to decrease intake and regain the required effects ... just that Cannabis is about a million times easier to regulate lol

Well , sorry for the lengthy post , I've actually alot more to discuss on the subject but will leave it there for now lol ... let us know how ya go.

GoodLuck and Cheerz :D

Budman :D

There is no need to go cold turkey and I don't beleive what your describing is 'Substance abuse' at all

I agree on the first point there for sure - you will only suffer adverse effects if you do that...I've done it before, and it's REALLY not easy...really, it just does your head in, then you're probably more likely to attack it like a madman next time it's available...if you are prone to mood swings and the like then you definitely want to take something at least a little, weaning so to speak.

Moderation, that's what it's about.

Though on the substance abuse thing, did not mean that in a negative or intended offensive way...it's really subjective, eg - if one considers regular "use" on one level, vs another person, they will also see "abuse" (an aberration of said perceived "use") at another level...so I guess by my perspective, it falls into that category just be my own personal default.

I've certainly seen far worse cases, but yeah I think when you've got yourself past saturation point etc where it becomes an ever increasing financial burden/amount of use just to get stoned then it is in my opinion, to put it in a milder way, being a little bit towards mis-used.