bubbler grow diary

ah yes, thanks for the tip Buster, I hadn't thought of that.

OK I got canna flower nutes, and PK13-14. Is PK13-14 the same as bonza bud and products like that? ie is reduce veg. growth and increase bud size? Or do I need bonza bud or similar as well as the PK? Or forget about the PK if I am using bonza

phhheww lovely pipeman just lovely. :D im trying the aero cloner idea at the moment it looks very much like a live bait tank for fishing, except with a bit more power, i just need a better air-pump im using sr2500 i think it is, or maybe a bigger airstone om gonna keep reading your posts about it, very nice pipeman :D

thanks SoDrysBro :o but it isn't looking so crash hot now. Getting sick looking leaves hear and there. Can't post pic as I don't have digi cam at the moment. The top part of the plant still doing reasonable well though and I'm just pushing branches under the screen out to the edges. Buds are starting to form.

Last water change I filled it with plain PH adjust water for a day to flush then emptied again and filled with a fresh batch of water with nutes. I ran an ec of 1.00. Checked it the next day and it had sucked up a fair bit of water, but the ec was still 1.00. Does this mean I have nute lockout? Anyway I'm sick of flushing, this plant is either going to get used to the nutes or die. I refuse to flush more than once a week, I'm just too damned lazy, plus I do't think I'm doing anything wrong, if this plant wants to be a finicky eater thats her problem. :huh: Could cold water in this weather be causing a problem? I suppose I should look at a heater for my control bucket...

also should I be topping up daily with plain water or nute water?

Top up daily with plain, ph-adjusted water. Plants will use more water than nutrient, this is why you appear to have the same nutrient concentration. Replace the transpired water, and you'll get a better idea of what your plant's using as far as nutes. This is why I advocate a feeder and nute res, or in a bucket system, putting a feeder tank above the level of the controller tank, which has a float valve in it. This will keep the water level stable, and make for much easier growth. The plants aren't getting a huge swing in nutrient concentration then.

here is a pic of the top of the screen. You can kinda see a gap in the middle. This is because the main growth was smack bang in the middle and I just kept puching everything out towards the edges so it kinda left a void. Hopefully some bud sites will come up from below. I reckon better arrangement for SCROG would be to have two plants on outer sides growing across screen towards middle.

anyway, its just entering 3rd week of flower I think. Any advice on when to use the PK13-14? Unless sometime tells me otherwise I think I'm gonna go in the start of the 4th week.

this plant is thirsty, drinks about 3-4 litres of water a day.

post-9-1055936694_thumb.jpg

here is a pic from the front. As you can see I really haven't grown this plant for scrog to start with. The screen was an afterthought. If planning SCROG from the beginning you would have that screen a lot lower, also a tie down through the middle would be good because its pushing it up as you can see.

I really can't decide whether or not to trim a lot of that leaf under the screen so the plant can concentrate its energy into the buds. Everyone you ask has a different opinion on whether or not you should trim below a SCROG screen.

post-9-1055936973_thumb.jpg