my sister is in marketing asnd some of her political correctness has rubbed off on me thats the beauty wof others inbput radic you are the man i absoulutley love your out there aPProach.

lets take it to them

everyone absolutely great ideas

LETS START SPREADING THE WORD ONLINE NOW ABOUT THIS RALLY Use you blogs networks connections any internet resouce you would normally use

Edited by LawnMowerMan

That all sounds awesome Radic. Really sydney is a fairly central place, there must be cheap ways people can get there. It would cost me maybe just over $200 return, straight up the hume.

But there must be even cheaper ways, bus, discount plane travel. Even if I had to not eat or smoke for a week and a half, it would still be worth it. If we could actually get a rally going at there first annual anti-cannabis conference, :).

Edited by jabez

:)

Good stuff,

A few things ...

What is the "Theme" of the Rally?

Does anyone actually have $300 (a day) to register and be audience to what the conference will discuss and whatever "workhops" there will be held?

(If so take a Camera and a dictaphone :P)

Is it worth a Mass Booking somewhere to "camp out" (similar to Mardigrass style) for all the punters and people to meet and get to know each other? (if I were to go down there , may aswell stay a few days I'd figure)

(Definatly bring the Musical Instruments anyway :))

Umm ... yeh. :)

I doubt I'll be able to make it anyway ... But depending what happens in my personal struggles over the next couple weeks I might be able to get down there at that time , possibly. The NCPIC are no good. Anything that goes toward pointing that out is good. lol

(Btw , Googled the conference ... 2 NCPIC listings head the page , followed by a link to this thread :) heheh ,so cool that. ;))

I hope that as many people can make it as Possible to be able to be heard ... If theres just 10 guyz and a few Bongs that is not going to draw much attention to the cause :) ('Cept for unwanted attention by the authorities maybe , heheh) ;)

Lets see how this progresses , All the best for it :)

Cheerz ;)

Budman :toke:

Just an out there idea with not a lot of thought but......

How about contacting our esteemed members, Sally or Antony for 1 or 2 tickets to the seminar. Or even contacting event organizers and explaining how the highly respected website OzStoners assisted in NCPIC research and given we are a not-for-profit organisation could they provide tickets to both days.

As stated....not much deep thought to this......maybe someone else can...deep think that is.

ofcourse they would

they work for money not truth

they get paid to say and do,

yes what they say and do is strictly for money

they got to support their familys too

its just a job

seen

dont get confused

just cause

we dowit strictly for love

seen

but they dont

yes we say, what we say

because we believe it to be truth

but they dont

we do what we do

for love not money

they dowit for love of money

so if you got the cash your in

no questions asked

heres de link

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Fees.as...d4-645485b3822b

Full Registration & 2 workshops

Registration

AUD $ 475.00

Discounted Price If Registered By

AUD $ 425.00 Friday, July 31, 2009

Monday only Registration

Day registration

AUD $ 300.00

AUD $ 250.00 Friday, July 31, 2009

Keynote

Complimentary

Tuesday only Registration

Keynote

Complimentary

Tuesday fee

AUD $ 300.00

AUD $ 250.00 Friday, July 31, 2009

i dont tink i could sit tru 3 dayz of crap like dat for love or money

i certianly would not be able to sutup thats for sure

i dont need to go in

i could stand out side and hand out fliers to the people comming in and out

debunking the NCPIC lies

yes i would love to do that

irey guidance

ill be right there with ya radic handing out fliers.

Good points i saw in there

1.Camping

Can this be done or are we starting to talk money now. I dont want to get lost in money if its not affordable or do-able or someone isnt willing to say yeah ill pay for that with out asking for donations then i say no. This is about love like radic said we dont need $$ for that we can stil get our message accross just fine.

2. Video

Lets get lots of video footage to flood youtube with after the rally enuf said.

3. Flyers

Ok for flyers we wanna mix it up we want medical evidence on them debunking what they say about cannabis in their facts sheet on their website. All flyer do not need to be the same if its too much info. Or maybe they can be 1 larger sheet folder in half to be like a small pamphlet. This way we could fit more info on.

Front: Our Organizations name and some pics (are we gonna go color or B&W this will be important for design)

open pamphlet theres 2 pages

We have Cannabis facts that debunk their lies on both pages.

Back page:

References to legitimate cannabis information services

Ok for flyers we wanna mix it up we want medical evidence on them debunking what they say about cannabis in their facts sheet

OK then, first of all we need to find what we need to debunk, on their fact sheets. To be honest, I looked at a few of them last night and it seemed pretty balanced, nothing stood out to me as lies. They did use a lot of words like may/might/can/some people etc, but I didn't find any outright bullshit.

Maybe someone else has already looked and found some....

I really have to ask the question as to whether we think "attacking" then NCPIC is the right way to go. I know a few people have something against them, I would like to know what (not just anecdotal evidence).

I couldn't really find anything on their site that would be considered bullshit, as I said. Maybe it would be better to use their own words for our advantage eg..

Typically, people who use cannabis do not progress to using the drug regularly, or for long periods of time. Most will experiment every now and then with cannabis during adolescence and early adulthood and stop using once they are in their mid to late 20s.

http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publications/fac...-and-dependence

=============

There have been a number of studies that have explored the link between cannabis use and mental health symptoms. Strong associations are often found but this is not the same as a causal link (i.e. one causes the other).

The link between cannabis and other more common mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety is confusing, because often cannabis is used to relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety.

Cannabis can lead to symptoms of anxiety, such as panic, in the short-term, but there is a lack of evidence pointing to cannabis as an important risk factor for chronic anxiety disorders.

Generally speaking, those who start smoking cannabis earlier (early adolescence) and smoke heavily are more likely to experience negative consequences.

http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publications/fac...d-mental-health

=============

It cannot be definitively determined whether the cannabis used here in Australia has become more potent over time because there is no data on this.

http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publications/fac...annabis-potency

=============

In general, after using cannabis a person experiences a sedating effect, which makes the drug less likely to cause violence in users than other substances such as alcohol and stimulants (e.g., amphetamines and cocaine).

Research also shows that cannabis users who commit violent acts usually have a history of violence before they start using the drug.

http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publications/fac...-and-aggression

=============

The only thing we can be sure about is that research into the existence of the ‘amotivational syndrome’ remains inconclusive.

The existence of amotivational syndrome in cannabis users is still controversial.

http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publications/fac...-and-motivation

=============

The therapeutic uses of cannabinoids have been investigated following observed increases in appetite and body weight in a number of human studies. Subsequently, cannabis (both illicit and synthetic preparations) has been successfully used to control wasting in patients with HIV and cancer as well as to decrease appetite and weight in obese patients

http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publications/fac...ds-and-appetite

============

Instead of attacking them, maybe it is better to use their research to prove why prohibition is wrong, and argue with them on that point. Unless someone can show me otherwise, I do not see the sense in attacking them. Maybe a working relationship would be better??

I am not saying don't protest, exactly the opposite, I think it is a great idea, I just don't see the sense in turning them against us right from the start. Maybe I am wrong, but it should be discussed IMO.

Oh, and any comments by people like sally r or any other representatives from there on here, may indicate to us ignorance, but the general public didn't see that. The general public see what is on their website, so that is where we need to focus IMO.