our thread is on page 7 of the forum at the mo, http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/Client/Message...;ps=20&dm=2

There have been no new post on qa forums since 5:47 this evening when usually it runs hot all evening

ALL posts are being moderated before they are allowed to show. :rolleyes:

should be fun tomorrow night

lets give them heaps

I will try to push our thread up again round lunchtime and c if we can make it stick.

They just closed the forums totally

Cowards they is, absolute cowards

An exercise in democratic discussion that was so successful that they closed it bugga. http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/BoardFiles/114/Emoticons/embarrassed.gif http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/BoardFiles/114/Emoticons/sad.gif

I have not checked the other ask questions thread yet but will after dinner

Well surprise surprise, the message board moderation has ended now the show is over for the week.

What a crock of shit.

I shouldn't sound so surprised though I guess, TV executives would all be tarred with the same brush so I should have known they'd engineer the topics the way it suited themselves and their panel of 'social experts' :rolleyes:

Can only keep pounding that forum link, and keep posting.

Everyone here at OzStoners should have their say, after all it's supposed to be an adventure in democracy, we need to be heard in the real world!

PS Interesting turnaround on rumpoles acceptance of medicinal Cannabis when confronted with 17000 reports lightning lmao :rolleyes:

;)

Excellent work on the Q&A thread there guyz :D very well put ...

Gotta give that [Rumpole] fella a little credit where it's due though I reckon ... if It' weren't for him the entire discussion would have been non-existant ;) So cool that ...

Brings me to a small issue I noticed though , a little constructive criticism if you will :) ...

(To Lightning) ... You may have purposefully done this , but the word "Cannabis" surely should have been included in the Topics Title?? :) I'm guessing the topic would be passed over by many people simply because of the way the title is worded ...

Regulation , liscencing and taxation are not the most attractive words in the English language I'm sure you would agree , even though they are relevant to the Primary issue ... "Cannabis" should definatly have been included in the title :blink:

O.k. well , It's all over now anyway ... the Program has ended for 8 weeks and the forums are being heavily moderated atm ... (I've been reading there for about 4hrs :doh: ) ...

Though they are still encouraging people to submit questions and discuss topics over the break ...

I've never been to the site before because I just haven't had time , even though I watch the show and enjoy it .. it pisses me off because like all these things the topic just runs in circles , they rarely get anywhere close to debate or discussion In my opinion , oh and old boring people tend to repeat themselves alot , repeat themselves alot :D

:rolleyes:

The discussion on the Q&A Forums now over the "Cencorship" of the forums and topics (is it really that bad? , all I noted was that you have to sign in to make a comment , kinda standard yeh?) is irrelavant when the questions submitted aren't being asked anyway ... who chooses those dumbarse questions seriously? (there is the rare apt one) ...

Seems lately , EVERY show is mainly about the government "handouts" and It's Economical problems etc ...

What was it about tonight? .. nothing really was it , in fact it was one of the worst episodes I've seen , bordering on tedium ...

Racism? .. Politics? .. and Stuff (all)? ... ridiculous when they also state that they want us to "STAY ON TOPIC"

How many questions did they cover? ... 5 or 6? at most??? ...

Some Thoughts:

The show needs to go for 2hrs , Tony Jones is generally an exceptional host ... The Pollies should NOT be able to discuss political party differences and argue policies , to comment only the subject at hand! (I'd like to have put that better but hopefully you get me) ... maybe some actual "Talkback" would be better rather than getting the Question by Phone/Text/or Web then TJ directing the resulting commentary , not sure about that either but it works for Radio ; ) ... All references for research and the "Facts" and "Stastistics" quoted by the "Professionals" should be provided access to (for the die-hards lol) ...

And basically , the whole thing needs to be more "snap snap" fast paced , get on with it ... if the guests are not astute enough to phrase what they think on a given subject without umming and ahhing every couple of words (or sentences) , repeating themselves , repeating themselves , trying to crack jokes to avoid answering the topic rather than passing it on etc etc ... then maybe they should find more better proper astute guests :rolleyes:

The Format can always be refined ... Take something like "HACK" Triple J's 1/2 hr current affairs show (haven't been listening for a while to be honest but ..) they seem to be able to cover so much more in 1/2an hr on any given subject (sometimes 3 or 4) than a whole expensive TV (AB)Corporation can do in a show twice the length (: p) There are many other examples of fine Q&A talkback discussion shows of course.

Anyway , I had/have alot more on my mind about this but I think I'll leave it there for now ... :D

The "Pollie Bothering" aspect and It's close relative The "Media Bothering" aspect seem to be gaining momentum ...

Well done to all those who dedicate SO MUCH of their Time and Vitality to this cause ... much respect and I thank you :bow:

I kind of Feel Like we've already won this "WAR" on us ... now just waiting for the Peace Treaty Pipes to come out and get lit :wave:

Cheerz all and I'll see ya round the joint ...

Budman :toke:

budman thanks for the constructive feedback, yes the Cannabis word was left out of the thread name this time, thought we would start gentle and ramp it up on them until they capitulate.

I intend to write to the producers over the break and ask if they are prepared to do a show on This issue.

Even if it was a "Special" so others don't think a normal show is being hijacked by a special interest group.

I will post here once I have written the letter with the producers details so others can follow the lead, If we mount a concerted synchronised effort we should be able to get them to take it seriously and move the issue of legalisation to the front page so to speak.

With the new mod policy on the Q&A forums and even last nights "ask a question" interface, I lodged approx 20 questions last nite and only 2 got posted, there is a break of at least ten minutes between posting and it appearing if it shows at all..... I hate censorship.

Yesterday arvo in their forums posts were coming and going all the time, littlbit and I both had posts deleted by the mods so yes the censorship IS that bad.

Bud you make some excellent points about the show, I will dig out the producers email address and post it here so you and others can "make suggestions" direct to the organ grinder.

If we just keep up at them they WILL give in eventually.

Well done all that were involved last night.