All as per bufo's request in the arnie thread to post a new thread for this idea

Here is a copy of the question I asked, frame something similar in your own words and lets stack the forum with questions, to stand a chance of getting in questions need to be lodged by 3pm today

Q Given the comments by Californian Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with regards to debating the legalisation and regulation, taxation of Cannabis to help balance the budget of his State due to the GFC.

Why does Australia not also have the debate to legalise Cannabis for not only it's medical usage but also for it's myriad of uses including but not limited to the use as a food, oil, fuel, paper production without use of dioxins for bleaching, particle boards, textiles and a replacement for concrete that absorbs CO2 instead of exuding it thereby reducing our green house emissions instead of increasing them with the big infrastructure spend, save wood chipping our precious forests, help desalinate the Murray Darling etc. etc.

Oh and for it's personal use as an alternative to the dangerous mind altering drugs alcohol and tobacco by consenting informed TAX PAYING ADULTS?

Or does the panel believe that the Cannabis users/producers of Australia should not contribute to paying the deficit by paying tax on their medicine/vice/business?

the site for lodging your questions is http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/send-your-question.htm

Go for it everyone and let's try to put the debate on the agenda in this country

OK so I joined in too. B) :yinyang:

Given the Government wastes over $28billion every year on the War on Drugs, and given that cannabis has been proven to be a life saving, cancer cure, why is our government continuing the failed policy, arresting sick people and taking away their medicine?

Dividing these funds between health and education would make us the world leaders in both areas, and we would actually be able to save cancer victims, MS sufferers, epilepsy, to mention just a few.

When is the government going to stop these breaches of human rights, and start to obey the will of the people, as they have been elected to do?

Very well written lightening. I had a quick look and found the actual message I sent them...

"I'd like to have to panel's attention drawn to Californian Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger's comments on the legalisation of marijuana for use by adults. He points out the revenue raising benefits. When will the open debate of this topic begin in our country, with its record-level deficit? With up to a million regular users in Australia and a black market that rivals the Australian wine industry has the time come?andybotwin"

Get into them guys!

I posted this

Arnold Schwarzenegger recently said he is going to have a debate over whether to legalise Cannabis in California to help the economy. Why aren't we doing the same here? All our money is just going to drug dealers instead of the people of Australia! We could fund education and health care with tax from Cannabis.

But in this section http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/ask.htm

What's the difference? Did all the questions in the other section your posted go to waste?

Will be watching tonight anyway....

luci and my comments have gone directly to the Ask a Question (to the panel) area, whereas lightning's was posted as a forum post. Dude, lightening, it looks like your post(s) is generating some good buzz from some quality posters. :yinyang:

Excellent work to the other posters, where-ever you are. B)

Can anyone think of other media outlets we can draw into this debate? Surely the Stefnovic-bot would have something to weigh in...

they have multiple interfaces and take questions from all

with questions coming in through all they should pick up on it with luck

littlbit and I have managed to keep a thread on this subject going all afternoon on the Q&A forums to try to keep it at the top of the lists and a hiot topic so we will see if TJ goes there tonight

Wait until there is a little progress on the possible Vic court case. From there, I reckon we get some media releases out and let the members here begin flooding every media outlet we can think of with the word that there's a push to make cannabis legal, and it's turning the tide!