look at my clone pics

hey fellas,

i'm trying my hand at cloning for the first time. they're all males cuz i don't wanna practise on a female yet.

they were cut at 45 degrees with a sterile blade, dipped in clonex, put into a jiffy pot soaked in rhizotonic solution, then transfered to the humidity dome with two small ventilation holes either side of the dome. the temp sits at 28 degrees (due to a heat mat underneath) inside and the previous wilted ones perked up. i've supported them with a skewer tho because otherwise the little buggers fall to the side after a little while. is this normal?

so i'm looking for any positive/negative feedback.. ways to improve.. is it too humid? too hot? should they be wilting? there's no yellow leaves and the oldest one is on the right he's 3 days old. let us know, cheers.

post-28757-1242040677_thumb.jpg

post-28757-1242040708_thumb.jpg

good onya bullseye , mate my 2cents worth is ; dont let the jiffy pots be soaking wet cause oxygen is also needed for root development ..

also i would chop some of the leaves in half so they cant give up too much moisture as right now they have no way of replacing their fluids till some rootlets start

;)

looking good mate a little tip to remember when u take the clone cut them off the mother plant than place the cut end under water (use a bucket of water) and make another 45 degree cut this will stop any clones dying in the first 24 hours also i only spray the clones for the first 1-3 days than continue spraying the dome every second day without spraying the clones as the water will sit on the leaves for a day and slow down the rooting process good luck ;)

I used to use a humidity dome for years with some good success at times,and at other times couldn`t get anything to root.Sometimes I think it was partly due to strains ability to clone well,and at others it was difficult to keep the humidity and heat from rotting the clones(especially in summer).A buddy told me to just clone the plant and don`t use a humidity dome.I always thought the clone would just wilt,unless using a cloning wax on the leaves.I tried cloning without a humidity dome,and haven`t looked back since.I have a much higher success rate now(almost 100%).I also just keep them at room temp approx 72 degrees.Then just keep whatever medium the clones are in moist,not wet.About 6 hours before I cut clones from a mother plant,I give the mother a good soaking,letting her take up as much water as possble to ensure the clones I cut are turgid and less likely to wilt.I`ve tried just about every cloning gel,powder out there and they all work well depending on the clone size.The larger cuttings I use a rooting hormone with a higher Indole-3-butyric acid content 0.4%,and for smaller cuttings Indole-3-butyric acid content 0.1%.It`s helpful if you don`t clone from a flowering plant,as the clone has to struggle with the changed light cycle,in addition to rooting.It will take longer for the clone to get to a good vegetative stage,or it can stunt the clone severely.

Peace

righto cheers guys i appreciate the tips;)

one more thing.. yeah the clones are happy as we speak, but the dome looks identical to the picture.. i'm afraid they'll rot if it stay like this because they already stink. they smell like rancid weed but are healthy, not wilting, and no discoloration. i'm going to cut a couple more holes and keep less water in the tray.

i'll cut the leaves in half too.

cheers fellas=) hope they take root

Gazz, just these littls fellas seem to want to wilt more if it goes drier? i let it go dry today and 4 out of 5 did alright but one wilted to dick house. i think from two factors - first being the plant - he's just been a wilty plant since seed, i've raised a female alongside him and she's perky as anything. they were from freebie seeds only 2 out of 5 worked so they're lucky to be alive.

everything is still green and after 3 days the first cutting is still going well. the jiffy's are just moist.

my question of the day:

can specific plants just have shitty cloning properties?