Snakes Alive!

post-36404-1273065513_thumb.jpg

this 1 is eddie my male diamond posing for the cam.. he will be keishas lover next year when they start breeding...hes the only 1 that bites me.. hes usually fine but if hes cranky or hungry hell have a go.. he actually tried to constrict my arm begin eating my hand a few weeks back.. its pathetic actually, even though hes almost 2 metres long ive still honestly felt mozzies that bite harder.. he draws blood but bindi eyes hurt more...:)..

post-36404-1273065250_thumb.jpg

this last 1 is eddie again. i thought this 1 showed well just how tiny they are when they are babies or "juveniles"..

i`ll have to take some new pics, those are all atleast 12 months old..

sorry folks but like i said im a snake lover and i couldnt resist a chance to show off my little babies..

cheers

nice pics bbud. Would love a diamond python one day -beutiful snakes. .Know what you mean about wanting to show of our scaly kids - Im same with mine! Unfortunately not all family/friends share my enthusiasm :D ! Here is a pic of Brenda my Brendli when she was a few months old. Shes the BETTER mannered of my 2 and doesnt USUALY bite, Unlike Jarraba the Jungle carpet who has earned himself the nickname Snappy :sick :D !

Geez been dreading having a go at this thread.. :D

Hi all you aussie herpetologists, I respect your art from a distance. Not scared of snakes, just used to seeing them when they are asleep :toke:

So a question then;

I realise that all native (wild) snakes in aus are protected by fines etc.

If you kill say, a tiger snake, which is deadly poisonous, in your house or yard, isn't that self defence?

My next question is, any you guys want some tiger snakes :sick (rhetorical)

I don't like to kill them of course. Or any critters for that matter.. But you've got to bury a dog if it gets bitten, or hope like hell you can make it to hospital if you do..

:D

[quote name='mullaway' date='May 14 2010, 07:04 PM' post='266132'Not scared of snakes, just used to seeing them when they are asleep :sick

I don't like to kill them of course. Or any critters for that matter.. But you've got to bury a dog if it gets bitten, or hope like hell you can make it to hospital if you do..

:D

There is rarely if ever a valid reason to kill a snake. If they are in a situtation where they might be trodden on then trained nake catchers can be calld out to relocate the anmal. Tryin to catch/kill a snake means puting yourself in much more danger than if you had let the poor thing be (snakes only attck in self defence).

There is rarely if ever a valid reason to kill a snake. If they are in a situtation where they might be trodden on then trained nake catchers can be calld out to relocate the anmal. Tryin to catch/kill a snake means puting yourself in much more danger than if you had let the poor thing be (snakes only attck in self defence).

Snake catcher :sick

Too far mate. Got kids and a snake in the house. Got a snake in the outside loo. Got a snake in the hay bales that visitors collect. Got a snake in the dog kennel. Got a snake in the hen house. There's 5 reasons.

I do like to let them piss off, as with all critters, but as you might know, tiger snakes wont. They don't know we are here for the most part, only enjoy the yard territory, mice, frogs and water, and breed like rabbits. :D

mullaway, if snakes are that big of a problem it might be an idea to do a snake catches course (ark or wires but i think ark is better) and probably get a set of tongs for the real nasty hard to handle buggers(im not recomending tongs in general as they are cruel but they are better for the snake then a shovel) its all fairly easy with a bit of practice and sometimes its easier catching then tring to get it into a spot where it can be killed. also if theres ones you can see there is probably a heap you cant see (snakes generally dont like human company)

with that said your kids come first and if theres imidiate danger do what you have to do (i dont hesitate to kill white tails or funnel webs so im a bit of a hyprocrite)

and for everyone in general

people if you move back to nature just remember that you will eventually bump into nature, so if thats not your thing move to the city

i pity the crocs with all the dopey tourists getting into the topend these days