How do you get ROCK HARD BUDS ?

Take it easy dude, I was just saying if you compress a 2 gram bud down to the size of a 5 cent piece it will still weigh 2 grams.

Thanks for the nice welcome, made me feel right at home.

SORRY ,,,you didnt sound like a new dude............WE know wat your saying is right ,,,,,but we werent talking about compressed head, ............(well i wasn't)...............strange 1st post tho

Soma 'Rock Bud A+' is one of the most solid-headed (rock hard buds) plants I've ever grown.

The name has changed a little from when I got it but I think it is pretty much the same strain.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

Breeder : Soma

Flowering Time : 9 Weeks

Environment : Indoor/Outdoor

Seeds Per Pack : 5

post-6826-1226359419_thumb.jpg

Soma 'Rock Bud A+' may become the pet of the class. Short to medium in height, this mostly indica strain displays the bushy structure and dense buds of its Afghani heritage. She is a good sea of green plant since height and branching are easy to manage. With an extended vegetation period, Soma A+ can be coaxed into a larger plant, and will perform well while still being short enough to stay inconspicuous in an outdoor garden. A fast bloomer, Soma A+ finishes in about 8 weeks and wards off spider mites, often being the last plant still holding these pests at bay. The yield makes this a bud for a connoisseur rather than a commercial grower, but the ease of growth and the quality of the final product will make this a coveted weed to share with your inner circle. At maturity, Soma A+ develops sugary red leaves reminiscent of autumn's best maples. As the mostly indica genetics would lead you to expect, the buzz is relaxing to the body and mind, and good for contemplation or napping on rainy day afternoons. Better as a day ender than a day starter, Soma A+ provides medicinal quality cannabis with healing properties for what ails you, whether physical, psychological, or spiritual in nature.

~

Cheers

Kali

What does this one smell like Kali?

Iv'e been at this a lot longer than 15 years but no matter what strain I grow indoors or out it isn't rock hard like a lot of the stuff floating around.

I also put it down to how it's compressed, a few years ago you never saw buds that were rock hard like these (apart from the Thai sticks from long ago) maybe the additives have something to do with it as well or a combination of both. It used to worry me a bit but really I couldn't care less, my buds are the equal to anything else out there in the areas that count, and thats good enough for me and my friends B) .

Strain is a minor part of growing rock solid nuggs.

Alot has to do with grow conditions, maturity and ferts/ flushes given during the last couple weeks before and during flush.

Light intensity and temperature of both plants and roots plays the largest factor of all, you can grow rock hard sativas in the right condition.

Ever noticed how sometimes some folk grow buds that look slightly whispy lots of hairs look, plenty of crystals but no weight, (what you lads are describing as normal?), this can be due to temps, not having enough the right amount of p, k and too much N, not flushing correctly, or just plain harvesting too early.

Strain plays a part but it takes a quality environment to produce quality nugs.

My .02c

HJ

Also as for drying process, can be the factor of most buds that its been commercially pact, this is true, though when you get all factors right, anyone can grow rock solid nuggs. Nuggs you need to literally split to dry properly.

Edited by HappyJay

Soma 'Rock Bud A+' is one of the most solid-headed (rock hard buds) plants I've ever grown.

The name has changed a little from when I got it but I think it is pretty much the same strain.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

Breeder : Soma

Flowering Time : 9 Weeks

Environment : Indoor/Outdoor

Seeds Per Pack : 5

post-6826-1226359419_thumb.jpg

Soma 'Rock Bud A+' may become the pet of the class. Short to medium in height, this mostly indica strain displays the bushy structure and dense buds of its Afghani heritage. She is a good sea of green plant since height and branching are easy to manage. With an extended vegetation period, Soma A+ can be coaxed into a larger plant, and will perform well while still being short enough to stay inconspicuous in an outdoor garden. A fast bloomer, Soma A+ finishes in about 8 weeks and wards off spider mites, often being the last plant still holding these pests at bay. The yield makes this a bud for a connoisseur rather than a commercial grower, but the ease of growth and the quality of the final product will make this a coveted weed to share with your inner circle. At maturity, Soma A+ develops sugary red leaves reminiscent of autumn's best maples. As the mostly indica genetics would lead you to expect, the buzz is relaxing to the body and mind, and good for contemplation or napping on rainy day afternoons. Better as a day ender than a day starter, Soma A+ provides medicinal quality cannabis with healing properties for what ails you, whether physical, psychological, or spiritual in nature.

~

Cheers

Kali

Temptation has gotten the better of me Kali.

I'm ordering the Soma 'Rock Bud A+' & Kali Mist plus a Skunk.

I'm going to try doing some rough & dirty breeding :dirty_old_man_smilie_thanks_LOGGER_KING: post-18362-1227834260_thumb.gif .

What do you Skunk lovers reckon is the best Skunk version to purchase & your reasons please?

Much Appreciated

MO

Edited by Major Overgrow

most of its been said b4 but heres my 2 cents firstly do your homework as

its the strain that has rock hard buds but anyone with a nice solid bud

useing that junk rock bud ,brick ect creates nothing but rock hard (headackes)buds

but also you can grow lovely tight hard frosted nuggets from

great genetics and high amounts of light eg 50watts a square foot

as if your light source is under this then buds not getting enough light

will go more airy than the ones close to the bulbs that r tight.

say u get told that the strain chronic or skunk 1 are tight heavy

nugs so you say ok i will buy that strain but you need to b

carefull where you buy that strain from as 10 differnt

companys may have a differnt variation of that strain

eg we all no that soma created rock bud so yes you would only

buy it from soma seeds then you no its the real deal

but still remebering that most of the seed companys

work on a min of 50watt a sq foot so if your lighting is less

than this than expect a varying result eg it wont be

as solid as done under 50 watt ...

so a bit of homework and some great genetics

and perferably 50 watts a sq foot of light

bend and tie down and fim all tips when

taking your cuts and you to can grow

some sick arse dank bud with serious weight

with compermising your quality

PLS DONT USE ROCK BUD ,SUPER BUD OR

ANY OTHER ADDITIVE TO MAKE UR BUDS HARD

AS IT WRECK EM

Forgive my ignorance for those that dont no how

to work out how much light per sq foot you have

its quite simple measure the distance of

your room by multaplying the distance of your

width and lenght walls to give you a figure

eg your side wall is 10 foot and your end wall is

6 foot 10x6 =60 now multiply this number by 50

60x50=3000watts so to light this room at

50 watts a sq foot u will need 3000watts

so you can use 5 600w lights or 3 1000w

or you can use any combo of lights

if you cant get 50w then try get as

close as you can, and remeber to have plenty

of air flow

we use a room of this size and we have 6

600 watts lights making if 3600watt

that way we dont have any dark spots if they get

to big and every top receaves the same

amount of light

cheers i hope this helps

Temptation has gotten the better of me Kali.

I'm ordering the Soma 'Rock Bud A+' & Kali Mist plus a Skunk.

I'm going to try doing some rough & dirty breeding :dirty_old_man_smilie_thanks_LOGGER_KING: post-18362-1227834260_thumb.gif .

What do you Skunk lovers reckon is the best Skunk version to purchase & your reasons please?

Much Appreciated

MO

YOU are KALI,,,,,wtf...............still trying to push your SOMA??