How do you get ROCK HARD BUDS ?

In nearly 15 years of growing , I have never had those buds that are the size of a thumbnail, and weigh 2 grams or more , and are hard as a rock .

Is it the strain , the hormones they add ( ie commercial growers) , or is it compressed ?

Dont get me wrong , my pot is great as far as smoking goes , but it aint like some of the shit you buy , as far as Nuggets look.

I thought maybe it was because I picked too early , thats why my latest grow has gone for so long , and now its just stretching .

Whats the go ?

Heres a few pics of my latest

post-10380-1226304975_thumb.jpg

post-10380-1226304930_thumb.jpg

Edited by Closet Grower

imo and ime its strain and addatives

alot of bud thats sold is grown for weight as $$$ talks

skunk1 indica pheno grows some rock hard nuggs

ive noticed wen im out of buds and have to buy it

the shgit is like u said rock hard and 2 gram fingernail buds

an oz is 2 fingers..wen i harvest a oz is 5 fingers

the reason i grow is to avoid the addatives

i dont need the bag appeal, my buds have taste and triches

cause superbud,rockjuice hulk etc all miss a couple of the things i like in me buds

take care and stay safe

bil

Soma 'Rock Bud A+' is one of the most solid-headed (rock hard buds) plants I've ever grown.

The name has changed a little from when I got it but I think it is pretty much the same strain.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

Breeder : Soma

Flowering Time : 9 Weeks

Environment : Indoor/Outdoor

Seeds Per Pack : 5

post-6826-1226359419_thumb.jpg

Soma 'Rock Bud A+' may become the pet of the class. Short to medium in height, this mostly indica strain displays the bushy structure and dense buds of its Afghani heritage. She is a good sea of green plant since height and branching are easy to manage. With an extended vegetation period, Soma A+ can be coaxed into a larger plant, and will perform well while still being short enough to stay inconspicuous in an outdoor garden. A fast bloomer, Soma A+ finishes in about 8 weeks and wards off spider mites, often being the last plant still holding these pests at bay. The yield makes this a bud for a connoisseur rather than a commercial grower, but the ease of growth and the quality of the final product will make this a coveted weed to share with your inner circle. At maturity, Soma A+ develops sugary red leaves reminiscent of autumn's best maples. As the mostly indica genetics would lead you to expect, the buzz is relaxing to the body and mind, and good for contemplation or napping on rainy day afternoons. Better as a day ender than a day starter, Soma A+ provides medicinal quality cannabis with healing properties for what ails you, whether physical, psychological, or spiritual in nature.

~

Cheers

Kali

Edited by Kali Mist

that certainly was a comprehensive report on the strain kali. B)

you dont have a vested interest in the production of such a strain do you mate? B)

closet grower, i think those buds look fine, and if the smoke delivers then all is well.

thinkin i might try to get my hands on some of that soma goodness...kali, you could be a sales rep for those guys.

cheers phin :D