CATALYST

Yeah they mentioned a gene test that's not available yet.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2402434.htm

Whole story was pretty suss. The slant was obviously still against cannabis, watch how words like dope get used to help negative overtones.

Also, how was the 're-enactment' of the 'bloodied bodies' psychosis the young brainwashed skitzo kid had outside flinders st?

And him sitting in the window puffing on joints??

Seriously, abc were joking right? That is their new round of scientific reefer madness? :scratchin:

Gah!

What a crock . . .

This is my comment to the ABC . . .

I'm so disappointed in the ABC . . . cannabis use has purportedly dropped in the last decade so have schizophrenia rates dropped? There's very little 'truth' in this slanted report . . . I wonder who put up the money for this one [pharmachemical co or petrochemical industry]?

The bottom line is that those PREDISPOSED genetically to mental illness are at risk of setting off 'episodes' if they MISUSE cannabis . . . well gee, tell us something we don't know, tell us how efficacious cannabis is for certain diseases, how it is a wonderful herbal pain killer, how it is being researched as an anti-bacterial for the so-called 'super bugs'.

Come on ABC, lift your game!

If cannabis was legal and regulated it could be treated the same way as alcohol and tobacco [even though both those LEGAL drugs have killed more people than you can count, and continue to do so on a daily basis]!

Biggest load of bullshit I have heard in a long while.

1. The reporter was very obviously biased against cannabis

2. They said nothing about the fact that hydroponic cannabis is much different to naturally grown in terms of it's psychological effects.

3. The repeated use of the 'dead bleeding bodies' imagery as shock tactics was enough to make me change the channel in disgust.

ABC has failed. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some government incentive to make it so biased.

2. They said nothing about the fact that hydroponic cannabis is much different to naturally grown in terms of it's psychological effects.

hydro isnt any different to organic buds grown under the sun. sure there are different growing conditions, but if i put a cutting of the same strain both indoors and out to do a comparison grow genetically speaking the end product will be exactly the same. the hydro might be stronger, but that is only because it hasnt had rain or wind to knock resin off and the plants would get 12 hours of direct light instead of god knows how many thanks to clouds, other trees, etc. but the end result from that is less is consumed to get the desired high so if anything hydro is a healthier option...

now with that out of the way i just finished watching that episode of catalyst and it was a total load of shit. they were all like this is the end of the discussion, all the evidence has been reviewed and this is the final conlusion from science, cannabis can cause mental illness...they then produced a pathetic excuse for a human who went on the claim he knows for a fact pot made him crazy because when he quit smoking the shit the craziness went away too :scratchin: he claims he quit due to the worst pain he has ever experienced coming on from the front of his face and moving towards the back of his head every time he smoked pot and he didnt even realize it was the pot at first. :toke:

from what i understood their poster child was pretty much destined to go nuts in the sense he said he never left home other than to score, he started smoking from an early age, gave up on school and everything to get high and even after going bonkers still continued to smoke. he said he gave up because of the pain it caused him, but not realizing that your head hurts everytime you smoke pot is kinda retarded, but even after he knew what was causing it he only gradually cut down until he quit...that says to me he was forced into quitting, he didnt want to and now he is being a complete pussy about things and has made his job telling others not to smoke pot.

there was a good scientist on there though. he said schizophrenia rates have remained at 1% and 10% of cases wouldnt exist if the person never consumed cannabis. they made it look alot worse than what it really is though because if you turn your brain on and do some math with those statistics you quickly find that 0.1% of society has adverse reactions to cannabis which can result in mental illness...By any normal standard for drugs if cannabis were found today it would be hailed as the miracle drug of the 21st century due to all its uses and its extremely low health risks :P

hydro isnt any different to organic buds grown under the sun. sure there are different growing conditions, but if i put a cutting of the same strain both indoors and out to do a comparison grow genetically speaking the end product will be exactly the same. the hydro might be stronger, but that is only because it hasnt had rain or wind to knock resin off and the plants would get 12 hours of direct light instead of god knows how many thanks to clouds, other trees, etc. but the end result from that is less is consumed to get the desired high so if anything hydro is a healthier option...

now with that out of the way i just finished watching that episode of catalyst and it was a total load of shit. they were all like this is the end of the discussion, all the evidence has been reviewed and this is the final conlusion from science, cannabis can cause mental illness...they then produced a pathetic excuse for a human who went on the claim he knows for a fact pot made him crazy because when he quit smoking the shit the craziness went away too :P he claims he quit due to the worst pain he has ever experienced coming on from the front of his face and moving towards the back of his head every time he smoked pot and he didnt even realize it was the pot at first. :bow:

from what i understood their poster child was pretty much destined to go nuts in the sense he said he never left home other than to score, he started smoking from an early age, gave up on school and everything to get high and even after going bonkers still continued to smoke. he said he gave up because of the pain it caused him, but not realizing that your head hurts everytime you smoke pot is kinda retarded, but even after he knew what was causing it he only gradually cut down until he quit...that says to me he was forced into quitting, he didnt want to and now he is being a complete pussy about things and has made his job telling others not to smoke pot.

there was a good scientist on there though. he said schizophrenia rates have remained at 1% and 10% of cases wouldnt exist if the person never consumed cannabis. they made it look alot worse than what it really is though because if you turn your brain on and do some math with those statistics you quickly find that 0.1% of society has adverse reactions to cannabis which can result in mental illness...By any normal standard for drugs if cannabis were found today it would be hailed as the miracle drug of the 21st century due to all its uses and its extremely low health risks :toke:

well said you two.:P...................................just jokin dude :scratchin:

Fair enough, I always assumed the nutrients that went into hydro could be of some cause for concern. No matter, I could have thought through that one myself if it wasn't for all the dead bleeding bodies lying around my house putting me off my train of thought :scratchin:

Yeh the whole thing was in no way impartial, which really is a disgrace to what is a fairly decent science show..

Why not do a segment on the ills of alcohol or prozac for example?

Because the government and pharm companies are making dollars out of it and we wouldn't want to risk loosing any revenue from that now would we?