curing experiment

since i harvested recently i decided to have some fun with the curing and add a little flavour. I have done it in the past using vanilla essence which worked great, but i was only able to cure those buds for about a week before i ran out of other buds and went nuts on the great tasting stuff :thumbdown:

anyways this time round im going to be using both vanilla and chocolate essence to cure my buds as well as doing a normal cure just incase it goes to shit. so far the buds with the added flavouring have had about a week to cure and are getting pretty smelly. the vanilla buds in the smaller glass jar with the blue label are smelling incredible which is probably in part due to some of the buds sitting in a little bit of the vanilla essence and then being dried out again. the chocolate buds in the coffee jar dont smell as strongly as the vanilla ones, but i have been careful with how much i have used because after seeing the buds go a pinkish colour when they soaked up the vanilla shit i didnt want my buds looking like mud :xcited:

post-886-1223955554_thumb.jpg

here are some normal buds curing in $2.50 jars that i picked up the other day. they are really good for their price too, really thick strong glass, rubber or foam around the lid to make it totally air tight when closed and to close the jar you need to put a bit of elbow grease into the metal latch :D i think i may have found the perfect curing jars and at $2.50 a piece i cant complain at all :)

post-886-1223955583_thumb.jpgpost-886-1223955504_thumb.jpg

I'll hopefully remember this thread and let you know how the buds smoke up :)

WDC are you the same bloke?????,,,,lol...........I never thought i would see the day when you completed a grow......well done dude lol

:sick guess that means you missed my last grow too lol

i tried some of the vanilla buds the other night. i think it needs another week of curing, but the bud sure did smell nice, was smoother than the normal buds going down and right at the end of blowing out the cone i got a really strong vanilla taste in my mouth for a few seconds lol the strength of the taste quickly went away, but it remained there ever so slightly for ages, so much so that when i sparked up a ciggy a few minutes after having the first cone i thought i must have accidently spilt some of the vanilla essence or put some buds in the cigarette :bongon:

I havent tried the chocolate buds yet, but the smell coming from the jar is amazing lol its like the buds and the flavouring are fighting for dominance and depending on what time of day you have a smell either could be winning. one minute its all skunky with barely a chocolate smell to it, few hours later its the other way around.

I'll probably give both a decent test in a week or so. but when ever it is i get around to testing them i'll be sure to write up a report in here lol

I decided to treat myself to some vanilla buds tonight. long story short i busted my guts working in the garden and deserve it lol

at first the bud smelt really nice. it was still a bit skunky, but the vanilla essence had really done it's job because while i was chopping it up the smell just got stronger and stronger :P the bud i picked didnt get soaked in the liquid so i can only imagine how intense they'll be.

The smoke was alot smoother than the normally cured buds i have been smoking lately. it smokes up exactly the same in the sense it makes the lungs expand a little, the smoke is still very thick and the high is exactly the same. but thats to be expected when using a single strain.

the taste is incredible. i didnt notice it at first, but about 3/4 of the way into the cone i could taste it and as i pulled away to breathe in it was very intensely vanilla flavoured :P the intensity died down fairly quickly, but it made my saliva taste like a skunkish vanilla which lasted a good few minutes. It was very impressing to say the least and im looking forward to trying some more in a week or so.

the normal cured buds are just that, normal. they smoke up like any other indica dominate skunk, but the taste has considerably improved over the past week. they went from being pretty nasty on the throat and green tasting to a bit smoother with less taste, to a sweet skunk taste that goes down smoothly B)

as for the chocolate, i have heard from some friends it isnt really taking too well :( i havent tried it yet, but i added mroe chocolate essence last night so in a week i'll try it and let you all know how it goes...

i have also poured some passionfruit topping which was about 95% passionfruit into a jar with some buds...i'm sure they'll be great, but they'll need another week, probably 2 before i'm going to try them.

stay tuned B)