Yep and good on him. I must be one of the few here who doesn't believe some stoned hippy taking on the law has to be a role model for the cause (whatever that is?).

well said, glass houses and all that...

on one hand Peter Till is a fellow stoner who is a victim of an unjust legal system. He is standing up for what he believes are his natural rights as a human being. At the same time he is telling the system he is not paying their fines even if they throw him in jail (again).

on the other hand, he's a ferral freak who doesn't play the game in court. yeah ok, so fucking what? :unsure:

personally I'm not too concerned with the amount of respect that our court system is or isn't shown. I'll support Peter Till tho, because he's right and its admirable that he has the courage to defy the system even when caught. :bow:

Guys don't misunderstand where I am coming from. I agree that the laws on cannabis are completely misguided, unfair, unjust and a bane on all cannabis users. My point is, you cannot go into court and show any disrespect no matter how much you would like to, you will get no respect or sympathy shown to you at all. Showing any disrespect just puts you in the same league as the real criminals and they usually get treated very badly. Unless they have plenty of money for pay offs or can afford a very good barrister or are good liars. Peter Till's courage is admirable but it is coming across as stupidity and therefore reflects on all users. He does not help his cause or our cause. Sure stand up in court and fight but in a respectful way and you will be shown respect in return. Call him an activist, as he is, I just think imo he is going about it the wrong way.

For those who call this guy a moron I implore you to take the time to actually talk to him, He is a lot smarter than many of us think. From what I can gather he did not file his appeal in time and was therefor refused the appeal, the points of law he was trying to raise are the same ones we have all been discussing for years. They are factually based and very well researched. The fact someone wears a sarong does not make them a moron.

The fact someone refuses to stand up for their beliefs makes them subservant.

Guys, there are strong opinions on this. I have met Pete, sarong and all, and judge the man to be honest and earnest. He does have representation from the stoner community with his legal/court situation, so rest easy there. If there are certain mental issues that afflict Pete, just know that in HIS heart, he believes 100% in his convictions. I know this! There but for the grace of God go I. I think we should show love and compassion, and feel the pain of the martyrs of this insidious war on drugs! As nutty as Pete's situation may be, please give love and support. Edited by smokin.moose

For those who call this guy a moron I implore you to take the time to actually talk to him, He is a lot smarter than many of us think. From what I can gather he did not file his appeal in time and was therefor refused the appeal, the points of law he was trying to raise are the same ones we have all been discussing for years. They are factually based and very well researched. The fact someone wears a sarong does not make them a moron.

The fact someone refuses to stand up for their beliefs makes them subservant.

He is a lot smarter than many of us think. From what I can gather he did not file his appeal in time and was therefor refused the appeal

if he had half of brain he would of known the courts aren't a playground and its serious business with deadlines and all the rest.

i don't need to say anything more.

Guys, there are strong opinions on this. I have met Pete, sarong and all, and judge the man to be honest and earnest. He does have representation from the stoner community with his legal/court situation, so rest easy there. If there are certain mental issues that afflict Pete, just know that in HIS heart, he believes 100% in his convictions. I know this! There but for the grace of God go I. I think we should show love and compassion, and feel the pain of the martyrs of this insidious war on drugs! As nutty as Pete's situation may be, please give love and support.

I've also had the pleasure of meeting Rock, and he's a charming soul who does earnestly believe in the 'cause' . . . being . . . marijuana is a god given right we are ALL being denied . . . just because he doesn't fit the mould is no reason to denigrate him, good on him I say, I sure wouldn't have the balls to do what he's done . . . and he HAS done more to raise the issue of marijuana in the media than anyone else I can think of . . . okay, not necessarily in the way many of us would like, but still, good on him! :unsure:

if he had half of brain he would of known the courts aren't a playground and its serious business with deadlines and all the rest.

i don't need to say anything more.

Hang on a sec, Most the DPP have less than half a brain and would easily be allowed an extension of time if requested. Perhaps he wanted a faster route to the High Court?

I agree the courts are not a playground, so no spinning on chairs next time rock!

peter till the nuti am not worried what people call me

i know im not doing any thing wrong

go read some of the stufihave put up latly

i might b thick

i might be rude in court

but when i c a judge who swears a oath to a forien power ehy should i respect them

they do not go by their own rules

evil is only evil when a good man does nothing

how many people watch the evil act being done and say nothing?

so say what u like about me

im trying to do my best with the tools i have

if any one else would like to do the amount of protesting i do then i will gladly step down and let them do all the protesting

i am doing it mainly by my self because not many people stand up for what they believe in

so who is going to take up the protesting to the government?

any takers

please

this protesting is taking it toll on my body

but i c no body doing what they say they believe

peace b with u all