HERALD SUN

October 01, 2008 03:34pm

NEW South Wales cannabis crusader Peter Till has failed in his last-ditch attempt to appeal against two convictions for drug possession.

The colourful character from Nimbin, in northern NSW, was barefoot and clad in a sarong when he fronted the Court of Appeal in Brisbane today to plead for an extension of time to lodge an appeal.

Mr Till wanted to appeal against convictions for possession of a dangerous drug. One of the convictions related to an incident in which he tried to carry two cannabis plants into the Brisbane Magistrates Court last year.

Mr Till refused to answer to his name during today's court appearance and spun around on his chair in between shouting that he was being "tortured" in being denied the right to use cannabis for pain relief.

Justice Martin Daubney swiftly dismissed the application for an extension of time, telling Mr Till the documents he had lodged were "gibberish and completely nonsensical".

The documents included a "claim of love, peacefulness, happiness and good health to all", which had been addressed to the Prime Minister and Attorney-General.

Justice Daubney told Mr Till he was either "significantly disconnected from reality" or "treating the judicial system as a joke".

The latter possibility would amount to "gross impertinence", and entertaining Mr Till's claims further would "do nothing to enhance the dignity of this court", he said.

Yeah i remember when he pulled those plants into court last time.

it's a pity he's a sarong wearing fruit loop off in la la land cause someone with his will power could have helped the cause.

I think we smokers need to rally together and fight these bastards and come up with a new strategy to defend ourselves better. I mean come on I'd love to see someone prove that MJ is a dangerous drug and to justify how much money the government spends trying to eradicated it. Mean while another weekend of alcohol fueled violence and death is seen as normal.

Yeah i remember when he pulled those plants into court last time.

it's a pity he's a sarong wearing fruit loop off in la la land cause someone with his will power could have helped the cause.

I think we smokers need to rally together and fight these bastards and come up with a new strategy to defend ourselves better. I mean come on I'd love to see someone prove that MJ is a dangerous drug and to justify how much money the government spends trying to eradicated it. Mean while another weekend of alcohol fueled violence and death is seen as normal.

spot on the money, tripper, if it weren't so disgusting it would be sad

Justice Martin Daubney swiftly dismissed the application for an extension of time, telling Mr Till the documents he had lodged were "gibberish and completely nonsensical".

The documents included a "claim of love, peacefulness, happiness and good health to all", which had been addressed to the Prime Minister and Attorney-General.

Am I the only one who's a bit disturbed by a judge who publicly declares "love, peacefulness, happiness and good health" as nonsensical gibberish :peace:

Nut-job or not, rock has taken this further than any of us lol

IMO the main reason he'll lose this fight is because he's on his own. If every ozstoner tried to get arrested tomorrow for a minor cannabis related charge and then fight that charge as strongly as what rock has.. then we might actually cause a bit more than a ripple.

Currently, most people either plead guilty straight-up and just cop these bullshit charges, or they have a bit of a rant about pain relief in the hope of reducing their fine a bit.

Do they have enough prison cells to lock up every stoner who refuses to pay their fine for these bullshit charges?

..I suppose they'd probably manage to build them quick enough to accommodate us :unsure:

..ah well, I'm sure this'll fix it :bow: ;)

Rather than getting myself arrested, should plant a heap of seeds in the far side of my arsehole neighbours yard, who thought they owned the street & could do & dictate whatever the F••k they like to whoomever the F••k they like and everyone else was supposed to bow down to them & take it smiling, when they moved into our street.... We fixed 'em, had them all in tears. They're still arseholes, so I'll keep that plan in mind despite my usual niceness to all... Edited by Kali Mist

Am I the only one who's a bit disturbed by a judge who publicly declares "love, peacefulness, happiness and good health" as nonsensical gibberish lol

Nut-job or not, rock has taken this further than any of us ^_^

IMO the main reason he'll lose this fight is because he's on his own. If every ozstoner tried to get arrested tomorrow for a minor cannabis related charge and then fight that charge as strongly as what rock has.. then we might actually cause a bit more than a ripple.

Currently, most people either plead guilty straight-up and just cop these bullshit charges, or they have a bit of a rant about pain relief in the hope of reducing their fine a bit.

Do they have enough prison cells to lock up every stoner who refuses to pay their fine for these bullshit charges?

..I suppose they'd probably manage to build them quick enough to accommodate us :unsure:

..ah well, I'm sure this'll fix it :bow: ;)

He is on his own because he shows no respect for the judicial system. Whether he is right or wrong you can't go to court and show no respect for the current laws and the courts. It doesn't help your cause one bit. As for building more cells they would probably put us all together on a farm somewhere as we do show that we are great farmers. Do we not? :peace:

He is on his own because he shows no respect for the judicial system. Whether he is right or wrong you can't go to court and show no respect for the current laws and the courts. It doesn't help your cause one bit. As for building more cells they would probably put us all together on a farm somewhere as we do show that we are great farmers. Do we not? :unsure:

Respect for the judicial system and current laws? You mean those same current laws which make using a plant a crime, thus giving users criminal records, jail, wasting countless court hours, wrecking lives? I find it hard to have anything but contempt for the current laws. I wouldn't have the guts to take it as far as Peter Till though. Till is on his own because he doesn't fit the image most of us would like in a pot crusader. It is as simple as that. If he wore a suit, cut his hair and had a job I reckon most would support him.

Nut-job or not, rock has taken this further than any of us

Yep and good on him. I must be one of the few here who doesn't believe some stoned hippy taking on the law has to be a role model for the cause (whatever that is?).