greens medicinal marijuana policy

I sent a copy of the policy off to the greens yesterday. it might have been a bit premature but i wanted to show that we are serious about this so much so that i said that while i would prefer the greens to introduce a policy like this, if by the end of the month they haven't, im sending copies to every politician and media outlet in australia as this goes much further than mere politics. I hope that lights a fire under their arses, but i imagine that once the policy is wide spread enough and everything has been confirmed as factually accurate it should atleast start a heated debate in the media :bow:

YES!!!! I'm so happy now, THANX!!!!!!!!

hahahaha

Out of interest where do you even get all these politicians e-mails? Coz if this fails I'll definately be e-mailing, mailing them myself to say wtf is up.

BTW you forgot to answer my question about is there any way to show support or help this policy along its way. Or you just ignored it coz it was stupid :bow: but I wanna know! I want to do something if I can besides just add some random info.

Hi I am a first year medicine student, so I may be able to help contribute scientific reasons why medical marijuana is good. I have a undergrad degree in biomedical science, majoring in pharmacology, and I have come across a few interesting journal articles testing the efficacy of pain relief in patients with nerve pain....cannabis is an especially good neuropathic pain reliever!

If whoever is responsible for replying to the politician wants a hand with the scientific side of things, please feel free to email me at s4172249@student.uq.edu.au

thanks.

BTW you forgot to answer my question about is there any way to show support or help this policy along its way. Or you just ignored it coz it was stupid :( but I wanna know! I want to do something if I can besides just add some random info.

there isnt a whole lot that can be done now, but thanks anyway :( also its piss easy to get politician's email addresses, just look up the major parties and write down every addy you come across hehehe

Hi I am a first year medicine student, so I may be able to help contribute scientific reasons why medical marijuana is good. I have a undergrad degree in biomedical science, majoring in pharmacology, and I have come across a few interesting journal articles testing the efficacy of pain relief in patients with nerve pain....cannabis is an especially good neuropathic pain reliever!

If whoever is responsible for replying to the politician wants a hand with the scientific side of things, please feel free to email me at s4172249@student.uq.edu.au

thanks.

thanks for the offer and if i ever need someone with some expertise to back up the policy i'll be sure to contact you first :(

I got a reply from the greens after sending them the policy lol here it is minus the identifying stuff:

I've been quite busy trying to do two jobs at once so I had not been able to get to your email until today. I have forwarded it to our Senator for health and also to our policy committee. I am hoping that there may be some response from them in due course.

What I can be certain of is that there is no way that the Greens will introduce this as policy in the next month. It's a complicated procedure - any policy must be approved by our national conference which only happens once a year. Your draft is too late to be included for discussion at that conference this year. There will, however, be a policy review conducted during 2009 and I anticipate that many changes to our policies (as a whole) will occur at the conference towards the end of next year. And then any proposed legislation would have to be introduced to parliament, a process which takes from a couple of months to a year or so to come up for decision on the floor of parliament. All this is the case for any policy and a controversial one (such as matters surrounding drugs, particularly as we are constantly slammed over these in the media) can snag at any point in the process. That said, the medicinal use of cannabis is already our policy (although as you know we have not spelt out the detail, but this is not unusual) and could in theory be brought before the parliament at any time by one of our senators. I suggest not holding your breath however. Both because of the field day the press would have with us but also because pragmatically such a move would have no hope of getting through the parliament at the moment as it needs support of at least 50% of the politicians both in the lower and upper houses. Realistically this means getting the support of one of the major parties, or waiting for the Greens to form government (which won't happen overnight but might happen before you think, the cracks in the two party system are already starting to appear). Please do send it around to all the other political parties, I would be interested in hearing what sort of responses you get from them if you want to let me know.

Don't give up the fight.

So now im in the process of gethering up email addresses for politicians and media outlets :peace: i'll be sure to let everyone know the responses i get, but for now its time for a bong :(

WDC: submit this to each of the State and Territory Greens parties. Much easier way to get this adopted if the regional parties have at least seen it, if not adopted it themselves, before discussion at the national conference. Drug policy is very contentious at the national conference, you want as much support from the State parties as possible. Put this forward to every Greens office at a minimum, but hopefully several of the local branches as this is where much of their policy is initiated. Members may have to put it up for discussion from within, so it's useful to join the Greens yourself to kick this off and get involved in educating your local branch/party.

there isnt a whole lot that can be done now, but thanks anyway :) also its piss easy to get politician's email addresses, just look up the major parties and write down every addy you come across hehehe

I got a reply from the greens after sending them the policy :ermm: here it is minus the identifying stuff:

So now im in the process of gethering up email addresses for politicians and media outlets :haha: i'll be sure to let everyone know the responses i get, but for now its time for a bong >:(

:)

I'm just about at the point where I'm ready to send out a MASSIVE email with EVERYTHING I can possibly quote in it . . . based mostly on what [retiring MP] Sandra Kanck tried to get through in South Australia [which was defeated 19-2 on a vote] . . . WantDaChronic, if you've already got a list of Pollies I'd be appreciative of it . . . I know where to get all the addy's etc but if you've already collated same would save me a bit of time . . . I'm gonna start with the Greenies and work my way 'up' [so to speak].

I'm also cogitating upon starting my own website to keep all of what I've already sent to peeps [Pollies, Journo's etc] and their replies or lack thereof referenced . . . I have a Facebook Group [Medical Marijuana Austalia - check it out] but it's not really enough . . . I would like to also set up a petition once I get done with annoying the Pollies in the first instance . . .

I've had enough of the bullshit, I know it's inherent for Politicians to lie [for the most part] but it's gone too far . . . Marijuana as a Medicine is a RIGHT that has been taken away from us for NO good scientific nor medical reason [and outside of international law] . . . as I cannot take any pharmachemicals without ALL the horrendous side effects I'm reduced to being housebound, in pain all the time, without any recourse . . . and it is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Anyway, that's my minor dummy spit before I hit the Pollies with my major one . . . :)

:D

I'm just about at the point where I'm ready to send out a MASSIVE email with EVERYTHING I can possibly quote in it . . . based mostly on what [retiring MP] Sandra Kanck tried to get through in South Australia [which was defeated 19-2 on a vote] . . . WantDaChronic, if you've already got a list of Pollies I'd be appreciative of it . . . I know where to get all the addy's etc but if you've already collated same would save me a bit of time . . . I'm gonna start with the Greenies and work my way 'up' [so to speak].

I'm also cogitating upon starting my own website to keep all of what I've already sent to peeps [Pollies, Journo's etc] and their replies or lack thereof referenced . . . I have a Facebook Group [Medical Marijuana Austalia - check it out] but it's not really enough . . . I would like to also set up a petition once I get done with annoying the Pollies in the first instance . . .

I've had enough of the bullshit, I know it's inherent for Politicians to lie [for the most part] but it's gone too far . . . Marijuana as a Medicine is a RIGHT that has been taken away from us for NO good scientific nor medical reason [and outside of international law] . . . as I cannot take any pharmachemicals without ALL the horrendous side effects I'm reduced to being housebound, in pain all the time, without any recourse . . . and it is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Anyway, that's my minor dummy spit before I hit the Pollies with my major one . . . :D

first of all great work

2nd, can you show this to the greens in canberra? greens have 4 seats out of 12, so its 8-8-4 that means they can side with 1 major party if that major party agrees they will do X for the greens (i think), so that means its in with a good chance right?

thirdly you should try to legalize marijuana, we have enough ppl smoking it to legalize it right?