New grower, new to forums seeking advice

I spy with my little eye...... a deficiency!

Its the big bushy one, only affecting a few leaves so far here and there.

post-16845-1223378137_thumb.jpg

Looks to be Manganese, which inturn reduces uptake of Zinc and other things, eventually leading to Phosphorus, which could explain why this plant is a late bloomer.

Apparently caused commonly by PH being too high, or a salt build up in the medium.

So, I went ahead and gave the plants a really decent flush with a weak solution of nutes at about 1.2 EC, and also reset the PH to 5.9.

Will see how it goes over next few days..

Wrangler.

Edited by Wrangler556

Another week goes by...

Think I nailed that deficiency before it got any worse :thumbdown: All plants look healthy and are powering along, some of the affected leaves even turned back to a more lush green color.

The small plant got some leaf curl right after the flush, which I find odd... but it was centralised on 4 fan leaves near the top, never got any worse or spread, so I think its over what ever the hell happened.

Thought id do a comparison shot: First is exactly 1 month ago- Day 1 Flowering, and second is today- beginning of week 5 flowering.Top left plant in first pic is a male that met the mulcher.

post-16845-1223932489_thumb.jpg post-16845-1223932518_thumb.jpg

They've stretched quite abit, more than I expected, especially since they had a rough upbringing early in life. I think they have some sativa in them, would love to know what its actual genetics are, alas, its bagseed, i'll never know....

Got a bit of a comparison in growing methods too...

Here's the tall and skinny one, let it do its own thing-

post-16845-1223932538_thumb.jpg

My favourite so far, this one I FIM'ed at about 4 weeks old, she's put on the most weight bud wise so far, and hasn't had any problems during flowering so far.

post-16845-1223932584_thumb.jpg

And the biggun, this was LST'd and tied down for first 2 weeks of flowering, then unleashed/untied. Alot bushier by nature, although has only just started to bud up - probably something to do with the def. she had...

post-16845-1223932564_thumb.jpg

So, 4-5 weeks to go, all seems ok :xcited:

Debating whether to throw these outside in a week or 2 to finish flowering, as I need the room for my new seedlings, although... my light timings are off to go outside, ive had lights on at night, off during day to help with temps thus far, so won't match up if I put them out... maybe I can give them an extended dark period for a day to catch up to the outside mornings... not sure.

Oohh, its PK 13/14 time too, better give them some of that tonight :)

Thats a rap for now.

Wrangler