New grower, new to forums seeking advice

Another update:

Plants are doing pretty good, in 4 days, they have all put on about 2 and a bit inches of height.

Thought id reduce their watering schedule from 3days back to 2, as their growing faster now, using more etc.... dont think they liked it much,

Gave them a moderate flush yesterday morning at lights on with just plain PH adjusted water, were looking great until about 9pm today, and they started to wilt..

Before:

post-16845-1221486858_thumb.jpg

After:

post-16845-1221486875_thumb.jpg

So, I guess ill let them dry out, then back to 3 days

Trial and error aye..

Wrangler.

Another update,

This has sort of become like a diary for me hehe.

I think they are quite happy now.

Put them to flower 6 days ago, thought it best, as im running out of smoko...

The 3 bigger ones went a little crazy during the last week, starting growing and stretching all over the place, so ive done a begginers attempt at LST'ing them, to even out the canopy and get a bit more light into the middle of the plants, even out growth.

I've upped their feed from 1.2EC to 1.6ish over the week, seem to be taking to it well. Also increased their PH from 6.0 to 6.4/6.5, as well as watering every 2 days now.

Group shot under the HPS

post-16845-1222201712_thumb.jpg

Groups shot just after lights out

post-16845-1222201730_thumb.jpg

Poor shot of LST'ing

post-16845-1222201746_thumb.jpg

So far have 2/4 females, I could of sworn I saw pistils on another one about 2 weeks ago, but cant see any evidence since :peace: Hopefully they will all show their true colors soon.

Getting real exciting walking in there everyday now and seeing progress :peace:

Take it easy,

Wrangler.

Another update.

Think ive got the problems with these plants well and truelly sorted :bow:

So, we're at day 20 flowering, Feeding at 1.8 EC, PH of about 6.3, 2-3 litres each every 2nd day, temps around 25°C during day, and 19-20°C at night, LST'ed them a bit, pruned all the lower branches and some inside bulk to give them a bit more air/light, found 1 male, so thats left me with 3 females :unsure: ... and yea.. heres the results thus far.

post-16845-1223199670_thumb.jpg They have all grown around 45cm in the last 10 days, but have tapered off now and are putting energy into flowers.

post-16845-1223199694_thumb.jpg

post-16845-1223199718_thumb.jpg Nice little buds forming

post-16845-1223199742_thumb.jpg This is the biggest and bushiest plant, its taken a little longer to realise its meant to be flowering, its probably about a week behind, but im sure its yeild will be larger than the other 2, looks like about 12 branches competing to be the main cola eventually.

Bout the only thing that is slighty off is the humidity, at around 30%, leaf edges on all plants are a bit turned up, but they still look healthy as anything despite being dry.

Thats it.

Wrangler.

Hey shroomy,

I took 8 clones of the bushy one about 3 weeks ago, just as a test run since id never cloned before. They all rooted in 9 days in rockwool cubes, also did it to test out my new clone/seedling cabinet. Ive gotten rid of them all since though, to make room for my good genetics, also ive still got about a dozen seeds left of these bag seed plants if it turns out to be decent smoko, can always plant some more :unsure:

Wrangler.

Looking great wrangler, lucky i read this thread, as i am having the same problem you were at the start of the thread. my plants had been in coco/perlite and i was feeding them water with a ph of around 5ish.

Also what size pots are your plants in?

and what material did you make your centrifugal box holder out of and where did you get all the rubber etc?

cheers,

samboo

Looking great wrangler, lucky i read this thread, as i am having the same problem you were at the start of the thread. my plants had been in coco/perlite and i was feeding them water with a ph of around 5ish.

Also what size pots are your plants in?

and what material did you make your centrifugal box holder out of and where did you get all the rubber etc?

cheers,

samboo

Hey samboo,

Lucky the PH in coco is easy to fix aye, as opposed to soil :unsure:

Their in 12L pots thereabouts I think, pretty small, but enough to last em till finished.

As for the box - The outter shell is made from cheap melomine I had left over- same stuff most kitchen/bathroom cabinets are made of , you could use anything really, lighter the better - especially if you end up hanging it like I did, chipboard, maybe even plywood would do. On the inside, the cradle is made from same wood, just have to cut a half circle on to top of 2 smaller pieces to make the cradle. Rubber and some foam comes from Clark Rubber, they have just about every type of foam and rubber in existence. The cradle just has a thick rubber strip over the top that fits snuggly, you could probably achieve the same effect with and old t-shirt or something, just cut it into strips and layer it thick, would muffle the noise just aswell I reckon. The rest if just lined with some old carpet underlay, went down to local carpet shop and they had tons of old stuff in the wastebin, didnt cost anything. Then filled remaining space with a large foam brick type thing that I ripped apart, and destroyed and old pillow for some fluff too..

Sorry about the long winded disjointed explanation, im kinda baked right now hehe.

Hope that helps,

Wrangler.

Edited by Wrangler556

Hey shroomy,

I took 8 clones of the bushy one about 3 weeks ago, just as a test run since id never cloned before. They all rooted in 9 days in rockwool cubes, also did it to test out my new clone/seedling cabinet. Ive gotten rid of them all since though, to make room for my good genetics, also ive still got about a dozen seeds left of these bag seed plants if it turns out to be decent smoko, can always plant some more :unsure:

Wrangler.

sweet as :bow: