abit of help about CFL's

hey guys how are we all..........quite new to oz stoners and yeah

i got two 48w nelson CFL's. my question sorry if its noob but.....will these two be enough until abit before flowering and i can get more lights? one bulb its a natrual daylight 5000k and the other is a warm white 2xxxk 4got it im bakd at the momment so sorry for the typos.

http://www.solarshop.com.au/main/images/48w_sml.jpgthese are the bulbs

your help would be appreciated.........if no help for me do it for the weeeed :wacko:

cheers

Yeah but it depends how big you let the plants get. If you can keep the CFLs within 10cm all parts of the plant they will perform well in my opinion, The further the plant gets from the bulb the more it will stretch. I've got a few of those nelson bulbs in my grow, the last few pages of the diary if your interested, post 59 shows a few of the lamps, the big spiral one is a 65watter from Bunnings, a phillips I think. Edited by Token Jet

i know they arent the best lights in the world but to be honest this is my first grow i dnt really care what yeild i get i dnt realli care even if its a male :wacko:. as long as i grow something ill be cheering.

token jet ill check out your grow journal. love looking at other peoples grow journals..........pumps me to keep trying with my own.

thanks for your replies guys

fluros can be good for a couple of weeks of vege and to root cuttings under, but not much more :wacko:

i didn't mind the results i got from my fluro grow, the problem i have seen a few ppl make is the light is generally coming from one angle.....and its most of the time above the plant, you gotta have light everywhere, get the plant growing against fluro bulbs from soil level to the top. and just get as many lights as u can in your grow space. take that literally.

started with 15plants in 1 pot but by the end of week 7 (last week of veg) i had culled everything down to 4 plants (survival of the fittest for remaining space) and got a total yield of about 48grams off the 4 plants in a space about 35x26x75cm ( if u want exact details check out my grow diaries )

at the start i had 4 fluro bulbs running up the length of my box so at all stages of growth there would be some light on the back and sides of the plant ( the side the door was on got its branches removed due to the lack of light ) and also 1 compact CFL (hanging above the plant) which was 4000*K untill flowering and then i changed to a 2700*K. the fluro tubes are 25watt and the CFL was 24watt or 124watts total.

the long fluro bulbs dont get hot except for where the 2 metal prongs clip into the base, the bottoms are kinda warm, enough to wilt a plant if it touches it.....but 3cms above that spot and its cool enough for the plant to grow right up against. so take advantage of the fact that u can have your plant touching the bulb for maximum light penetration

hey guys how are we all..........quite new to oz stoners and yeah

i got two 48w nelson CFL's. my question sorry if its noob but.....will these two be enough until abit before flowering and i can get more lights? one bulb its a natrual daylight 5000k and the other is a warm white 2xxxk 4got it im bakd at the momment so sorry for the typos.

http://www.solarshop.com.au/main/images/48w_sml.jpgthese are the bulbs

your help would be appreciated.........if no help for me do it for the weeeed lol

cheers

that nelson cfl is wat i clone under

i find thats the best use for cfls

they just dont have the power a hid provides

i will never go back to fluoro for vege

its just a waste of time,imho the lighting isnt strong enuff

and doesnt produce rapid growth

but that being said im sure a few of these nelsons in 1 area

close to plant tops will harvest some buds..just dencity will be less than outdoor or hid grown plants..

i cant really knock fluoros as they are wat i started with

they can be a very useful tool,just depending on ya needs

all the best

bil

Hi

I got some excellent results using 1x200w 6400k for vegetative/propagation and 2x200w 2700k for flowering. Its important for bulbs to be as near plant as possible and you can place them a couple of inches away without fear of burning precious plantage. When flowering, plants need as much light as you can give them so better go large on cfl wattage. I'm new in sydney but it seems difficult to obtain anything over 150w cfls. Hope this is helpful.

so far ive been looking around at hardware shops and lighting shops and so far ive only been able to find the 48w nelson CFL's. dont really want to spend much money on my project, have all the garndening supplies i need at my parents house near camden if anyone knows where that is? anyways the 3 lights i got so fair have been donated to me from the awsome people from bunnings at bonnyrigg. ( not really we stole the lights )

bongodrumm we shuld have a big sesh one day and ill show u around that is if ur not a cop..........bloody pigs *shakes fist*

anyways i had 6 seeds. i managed to get four to germinate with nice tails, then i plantd them. once i plantd them it like stunned it which led to the seed not moving at all and just being all gay n shizzle. i now have 30 seeds which i got off a close m8 that grows, his weed is like top notch. the seeds are from his plants. i did the hole water paper towel trick, but that ended up failing after 5days when they didnt crack open and then started to smell pretty bad so i crackd all d seeds and they were still all hard. i also tried the 24 hrs in water then plant them. same thing. NOTHING HAPPEND.

i then saw anutha method where u leave the seeds in water until they start growing those lil tails, and its been 2 days on that and still no cracking or development of tail. could it be these seeds??? i know where they come from but and its a tip top strain. (white widow by the way) his got a shitload of seeds so trial and error no worries, only thing shitting me is the time wasting. what am i doing wrong? im using potting mix blended in with anuther type of pottong mix just to make it like fluffy and shizzle. want the best for my youngingz lol.

anyways ill keep ya posted if i have any luck plus ur help would be appreciated.