Violent and agressive dope smokers on the rampage!

I love the media, they're such a bunch of knobs.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/health/dope-smo...7097241179.html

"More than a third of people who present at Sydney emergency departments after smoking cannabis are violent and half have mental health problems such as severe anxiety and suicidal thoughts, shattering the image that dope smokers are relaxed and sleepy, researchers have found."

Hmm, OK so did the MJ CAUSE those problems or are these folks who have other issues and just happen to use MJ as well?

"The data, collected by the National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre, at the University of NSW, indicates that cannabis users can be as aggressive as crystal methamphetamine users, with almost one in four men and one in three women being violent toward hospital staff or injuring themselves after acting aggressively. Almost 12 per cent were considered a suicide risk."

So my question to you guys is, have any of you suffered or know of anyone who is otherwise well balanced going violent after smoking pot?

"She said the study, which covered two hospitals from 2004 to 2006, revealed that more than 9 per cent of cannabis users had depression or bipolar disorder, 5 per cent had schizophrenia and 4 per cent had paranoia and a history of self-harm."

Again, did they have those things anyway or are they insinuating that MJcaused all of those things?

"The head of emergency at St Vincent's hospital, Gordian Fulde, said yesterday most people still believed marijuana was a soft drug, but "the old image of feeling sleepy and having the munchies after you've had a smoke is entirely inappropriate for modern-day marijuana".

"The grass we smoked in the '60s could have been lawn clippings compared to this completely different breed of nasty cat," he said.

"With hydroponic cannabis, the levels of THC [the active ingredient tetrahydrocannabinol] can be tenfold what they are in normal cannabis so we are seeing some very, very serious fallout.""

bla bla bla bla bla, same old unproven shit. You all know the facts regard the THC levels so I wont bore you with the truth, I'm just tired of the media waging their masters' campaigns for them and supressing any views to the contrary.

Nazis.

In 31 years of smoking I have not met 1 person who was violent after consuming pot. A few that got violent when they mixed it with alcohol. Another thing is that I don't reckon pot has got 10x stronger or even twice as strong. In fact I can't find gear as strong as what I smoked in the 70s and 80s. Another load of shit. Wish they allowed comments on this. The National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre are nothing but a propaganda machine. How the fuck they convinced Rudd to go along with creating this is beyond me.

Hey nooby, it is a bit hard to tell your comments from the actual article.

Never have I met a person going violent after smoking pot. The media sends out so much bullshit and never leaves room for people to comment on this shit. This is just another pile of propaganda the media is sending out convincing the public that pot is bad. Anyone who has turned violent that I know after smoking pot, like freddie said also mixed it with alcohol. The only reason I can think of those people turning violent is maybe, just maybe cause pot intensifies what one is feeling; smoke it at the wrong time and already have a history of violence, you may just have a violent outburst. But the pot didn't cause it, they already had it in them.

In 31 years of smoking I have not met 1 person who was violent after consuming pot. A few that got violent when they mixed it with alcohol. Another thing is that I don't reckon pot has got 10x stronger or even twice as strong. In fact I can't find gear as strong as what I smoked in the 70s and 80s. Another load of shit. Wish they allowed comments on this. The National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre are nothing but a propaganda machine. How the fuck they convinced Rudd to go along with creating this is beyond me.

Hey nooby, it is a bit hard to tell your comments from the actual article.

I agree with you freddie. I have been smoking for about 40 years and never have I come across any of my smoking friends becoming violent. I lost a couple of top mates who turned to heroin but that is all. I would hazard a guess and say that the violent ones had been drinking or snorting at the same time as smoking, the NCPIC requires funding to justify their existence therefore they will blame Cannabis for all the problems that occur.

You are right about potency, the smoke we were getting back in the 70's/80's was a creep up on you, smack you in the face then sit you on your arse smoke. Even the heads we used to buy with shit loads of seeds was real couch lock smoke. Great for listening to music. Ah the good old days. :peace: :peace: :thisbig: :peace:

On potency. This is copied from a PDF on the National Cannabis Prevention and information Centre website:

http://ncpic.org.au/cannabisusers/

Click on the article "Cannabis and mental health: Put into context" (rh side) scroll to bottom of page 57. I copied this so I hope no typing mistakes.

10.4 The Potency Issue

The potency of cannabis, typically expressed as the percentage of THC, has increased in some overseas studies. Whether this has occurred in Australia is less certain, and there is little evidence for such an increase in New Zealand. As most cannabis smokers titrate their doses by gauging the effect of successive inhalations, this may not affect them. However, if an inexperienced cannabis user, or one who wishes to obtain the maximal intoxication, partakes of unusually high strength material, the received dose may be much higher than expected. This could lead to acute cannabis psychosis or some other adverse reaction that might have more serious consequences. As the average potency increase seems to be in the range of two times, it is noteworthy that different cannabis products, such as leaf and hashish, have always had a difference of ten times in the proportion of THC. Thus cannabis users have always had the option of using high potency material.

There is another paragraph but not relevant to this.

So potent pot has always been around and average potency seems to be 2x (not 10x); but there is no evidence of potency increase in Nz and no certainty of potency increase in Australia. :thisbig:

You are right about potency, the smoke we were getting back in the 70's/80's was a creep up on you, smack you in the face then sit you on your arse smoke. Even the heads we used to buy with shit loads of seeds was real couch lock smoke. Great for listening to music. Ah the good old days.

Yep, Brick you know what I'm on about. Your probably better qualified than me to comment. The pot these days is good and consistent and no one smokes leaf which is good but I'm sick to death of hearing so called professionals coming out with statements like this:

"The head of emergency at St Vincent's hospital, Gordian Fulde, said yesterday most people still believed marijuana was a soft drug, but "the old image of feeling sleepy and having the munchies after you've had a smoke is entirely inappropriate for modern-day marijuana".

So why don't the NCPIC come out and correct this when they know it to be misleading??????

The hospital data is also available for anyone to have a look on the link I gave earlier. just click on Bulletin 3: Population trends in Cannabis use and first results in a study on cannabis related emergency department presentations. Reading this it is hard to find any CAUSAL link between cannabis and violence IMO. I could think of heaps of variables in that data. i can't think of any other studies pointing to cannabis making someone violent? Anyone know of any????

I'm just tired of the media waging their masters' campaigns for them and supressing any views to the contrary.

sorry if i sound preachy but now that you know how the media misrepresent cannabis why can't you see how this applies to ALL the "news". the press doesn't represent our views, it tells us how the government wants us to think. we're all being led by the nose.

they could start to tell us the truth about Iraq for example but is that ever going to happen?

Politicians - scumsucking parasites the world over. we're just cannon fodder people.

sorry if i sound preachy but now that you know how the media misrepresent cannabis why can't you see how this applies to ALL the "news". the press doesn't represent our views, it tells us how the government wants us to think. we're all being led by the nose.

they could start to tell us the truth about Iraq for example but is that ever going to happen?

Politicians - scumsucking parasites the world over. we're just cannon fodder people.

Exactly how my son and I think. Rupurt Murdoch gets governments elected for his own greed. I believe that one day the people (all the people) will wake up, don't know how long it will take but it will happen. :thisbig: