Winter Seasonal Growing

Thought I'd paste a couple pics of the bud just for an idea on how a little early they are. but frankly have amazed me for 5 weeks. i thnk they'll dry very close to what I recall the bud was like when I first saw this strain.

I'll leave it up to you everest to give an opinion on how much longer they could have gone.

I know they went ten weeks inside, but the days are very short now, it's pretty dark by 5 pm isnt it? and I wouldn't know what time the sun gets up; but according to meteorological reports, it seems like the nights are 14 hours long or there-abouts, and the back yard is a half hour each side of the day ontop of that, so it's like 15 hour nights. That shortens flower time up considerably and reduces flower size too of course.

I need smoke, so I have no regretas, but they probably didn't have all that much left to go considering the day lengths and all.

Be interested in what u think though everest, you have seen these guys flower out in perfect conditions and know what you're talking about.

cheers all

rob

post-2-1211219067_thumb.jpg

post-2-1211219083_thumb.jpg

post-2-1211219103_thumb.jpg

Ended up just a half oz. but for a 6 inch cutting in 5 weeks, I'm not bitchin.

I have a few others that are more like 8-10 inches when they went out, one maybe even 12 inches..na not quiet.

But this is a light yeilding plant too, almost fully sativa, nice gear. Not savage , but nice sativa high from days of old :bongon:.

It seems exponential (is that a word?) where the bigger it gets at the time the cutting goes out, the hevier the yeild, but not by sheer equation of "Twice the height = twice the yeild" , more like twice the height , probably 3 times the yeild kinda thing. But there's no suprise there. It just does seem more noticeable with winter flowering though.

Anyway, quick easy half oz to keep the home fires burning.

cheers

rob

great result for that one rob . yea , ole type sat plant , sruffy easy to grow , nice high ... not too savage :yahoo: .. bang on .

i found the buds , or well lower buds i removed and consumed give a kick even though they've only just formed , dry em out chop em up and get stoned or half stoned . i think under perfect conditions the smoke takes on a real fruity flavour , passionfruit to be exact .. and the stone can be a bit too full on

anyways nice grow mate , did you put any cs in the greenhouse ?

ev :applause:

Yeah I put a couple Cs in the greenhouse too. They were very small too, and are a ways off . Maybe another 3 weeksd? I'm buggered if I know why this one plant flowered so damn quick. I havent ever seen that happen before. Bloody glad though, I was stapped for $$ and out of pot. And people say there is no God? :applause:

I'll snap a pic of the CS soon.

cheers

rob

Just a few pics everest. The head i have is threatening me with violence, bloody great headache i have, so this will be tight.

A half arse pic of the celtic stone. I have just 2 clones of this one in there. I've been raiding the lower branches for smoko, and so it's not an accurate indication of how it ought to be. It's the one with twos mall plants in the one box. The other plant next to it is your Redman x MM. yeilds heavier than I had given it credit for previously.

The CS are slightly to the right of "off centre" right. post-2-1212710800_thumb.jpg

Here's the redman x MM. the CS were tiny clones when i put them out. this red x mm was probsbly 9 or 10 inches when i set her out from memory. I'll try to check that with older pics when my headaches clears.

post-2-1212711044_thumb.jpgpost-2-1212711044_thumb.jpg

Just a general pic of my vegetable winter greenhouse exploits, overtaken by priorities...

post-2-1212711213_thumb.jpg

Take care all

rob

I hope your headache's gone Rob :wave:

I was damn envious of your greenhouse last week mate. We got about 8 inches of rain last weekend and there was nothing i could do except prop the littluns back up each time they fell over :)

Just lucky you're not relying on that greenhouse to feed you. You'd be well stoned, but a bit hungry I reckon -.-

Be good to here how the redman x MM combination goes. Ev's redman is one of the smoothest smokes I've had the pleasure of sampling lol

Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks everyone, but in reality, the heads (well the CS at least) are pretty thin. The light intensity is lost through the greenhouse cover. if u could put them up against the ceiling it would be good, but they siloutte outside, that'd be all I need :wave:. The greenhouse cover was filthy dirty, so maybe all this rain will make light penetrate better too?

So they aren't thickening like they should. But the redman is a thin sativa type head anyway. It's not like ev would get his, that's for sure, but I'm not over disapointed, simply becaue that's the gene structure to begin with, even before we worry about light intensity and all..

But I basically just wanted to do it as an "experiment". So many people this year seemed to be asking if you could grow outside in winter, I just had to do it. I mean you can "say" anything you like, but seeing is believeing as they say. I've been told to my face before it can't be done. i don't know what to say to things like that, after you've already done it for some time and all I mean. it leaves ya kinda speachless. Not that such a thing happened here, just ""saying." is all..

So it's served it's purpose. Under straight light, (no greenhouse), they'd thicken up heaps more. Although being winter and light intesity is down in general, no way will you get them as thick as say autumn grown buds. Thiose lovely hot autumn days we get in aus right at head time. Nor would they get as thick as heads under a HID light...

but the principle is there and can't be argued with. I just had to put them in the greenhouse because I live in such intense living conditions with people. If you could get them out under natural sunlight (sorry about the rain on ya 67 special), that'd be heaps better.

67 Special, I had a mate who some years ago planted his girls on the uphill side of contour banks, and we had rain like this. they all died from root rot/drowning. I hope that didnt happen to you mate.

And the redman I have is from ev. so yeah..it is lovely. I love it. Bill has some killer kali I tried, and ev has this delicous redman. I wouldn't like to split which is best. both are just smooth as . simply delightful stone.

cheers all

rob