Winter Seasonal Growing

duncan I've never grown these before, but everest has, and he seems to think 10 weeks plus, and so I'm sure that'd be right. Plants tend to take longer in natural light to finsih tnan under electric lights, so could be a much as 14 weeks. Then again, it's late in the season, short days and all, maybe ten weeks will be just right. As you can tell, it's all guess work at the moment for me.

everest, I dont have any ventialtion in it at all. The greenhouse has windows in each side, three a side. I have a couple closed to keep the plants from immediate spotting by nosey buggers. Even still, with the light behind the greenhouse the plants sillouette for a hour or so each day. You'd have to know what you're looking at to be sure it's pot but. Just paranoia making it seem obvious. to me is all

the side windows seem to make plenty of breeze, I'd hate to have a drizzly period once the heads fill out but, maybe a thing to watch if that happens. this strain would likley be fine, but big fat indicas might have a bit of strife. That's wosre case scenario, everything is sailing just fine for now.

they look bigger than theyare really. The wonders of photography. I should have let them go to 30 cm tall before I flowered them. Just the same, in 10 weeks, who knows just how heavy they will end up? Anything is good though. The price of pot, and the fact my indoor set up is still in pieces, I'm not complaining.

Thanks BTW for the business mate.

cheers

rob

Well everest, the day has come. You said they would need staking, and I suppose all the more so with the heat in there (that might cause stem elongation?) and no breeze to strengthen the trunk. Can anybody believe this friggin heat we're having? Fark me. I recall the days when if it was still hot around Eastefr we all felt like something was w rong. Look how far into the season we are now and it's still baking down on us. A mate called, to tel me of his ride on his bike in the snow, how cold it was. I didnt know if we were talking about the same country!

Maybe we'llbe lucky. Maybe the warmth and the winter damp will combine for a very wet winter. Happened in the winter of 99. So wet every step outside was bog all winter. That'd be good for the dams.

You called it lolng before they came into play but.

just a couple pics of it now propped up with some old sticks.

cheers mate.

rob

PS. a lower branch broke off today as I brushed by. A service will be held asap, where cremation will be followed by the eulogy of how nice it was. :blink:

post-2-1210822582_thumb.jpg

post-2-1210822606_thumb.jpg

post-2-1210822638_thumb.jpg

Well I pulled the first oen tonight.

Maybe could have done longer, but I'm out of smoke and it looks good to me.

I forgot all about it for a while, and rarely put any nutes at all on it, and completely forgot to add pk14/14, so this is basically soil with worm compost in it and that's the whole food supply she had.

A reminder of how she went out..

post-2-1211195988_thumb.jpg

I pulled it out tonight, like I said, no nutes to speak of, maybe half strength flower nutes 3 or 4 times, and just worm crap.

Not bad for a 6 inch plant set out on the 12th of last month, that makes it just 5 weeks old.

post-2-1211196149_thumb.jpg

A lovely bunch of flowers for the misses..

post-2-1211196189_thumb.jpg

I'll just leave them in the vase to rinse out for a few days. not there's mucgh to flush out, but still..

cheers

rob

PS. I'll let you know the dry weight when it's done.

cheers