Police raid two businesses for drugs

Supt Lyons said he believed the heavy police presence in Nimbin yesterday was an effective way of policing the town.

"I think it's a good sign that people saw the number of police there and that the operation was able to be conducted safely and professionally," he said.

“Illegal drugs continue to be a blight on our society and the supply of these drugs in the Nimbin area is an issue repeatedly raised by the local community,” Supt Lyons said.

“The people of Nimbin do not want any illicit drugs in their town or being offered to their children – notwithstanding the fact that the production, possession and supply of these drugs are crimes.

This pig is suggesting that they are acting with the support of the community. The fact that they saw the need to bring so many officers suggests that they know very well that they are acting against the will of the community and must be ready to beat them into submission if they resist.

Also notice how he ties in children with his sleazy little statement? I've never seen any kids in the hemp bar. :bangin:

I was in town yesterday.

It was a fucking joke. There were over 50 coppers (possibly 100), over 10 vehicles (tho I didn't see any sniffer dogs) and the entire town was out hassling the cops, videoing them and politely questioning what they were doing.

It was fairly peaceful tho, and I think the riot squad were feeling a bit stupid by about 3 oclock. Some of them were arseholes some were friendly. Someone was assaulted. Elbowed in the Adams Apple by a riot cop, who was then jumped on by colleagues and dragged away. He went to the hospital and got a medical report and I think the assault was caught on video, tho I dunno what action he will take over it.

But that was the extent of the violence. It was definitely overkill, and the excuse the riot squad used was that the police were scared of being assaulted. They could have served the warrants with a couple of divvy vans, they didn't need a small army, and I think they were sending a message. We are all terrorists now or something.

Some of the police seemed intent on escalating the situation, tho most of their mates were not. The dickheads seemed to disappear as the day went on and the coppers that remained were friendlier (even in their riot gear) and not out to provoke people.

I ended up talking to one of the riot squad boys outside the Hemp Embassy, after arguing with his mates and questioning his attitude and the warning he gave to someone else, he said they will be there in force for Mardi Grass, tho he seemed friendly enough and didn't really imply they will be in town to crack heads. He seemed adamant that they would have a presence but not be out to stir up trouble. Some of his mates were jerks tho. I can imagine that they won't have the same friendly attitude.

I don't grow any more and rarely smoke so I felt pretty safe getting stuck into the cops. I have a notebook full of names and their questionable behaviour, they didn't like that much, possibly be able to bring 2 complaints not including the I mentioned above. Hopefully this will bring the town together a bit and prepare them for Mardi Grass. To be honest part of me hopes they do raids like this frequently for a few months. Then we can find out the cost vs the drugs seized and show it up for the waste of money it is.

The money they spent yesterday could have finished the skate park, fixed the potholes in town, the footy oval and payed for rehab and councelling for people in town. Instead it nwas spent on a pointless exercise in fascism.

BTW Haven't posted here for years but its good to see the place is still going strong.

Cheers

booze buss both sides of town 15+ cops each end

25 at the embassy

20 at the hemp bar

30+ in the museum and lane

from 11 am they strip every1 at all 3

then

wait till the dogs arrive at 3pm they were late

they found less than 1kg

bout 100 cops busted 8 good ppl

most of the cops were very young

look like a training exercise from my perspective

3 male pigs and a female striped searched a 14yr old girl in the museum

ya wonder why we hurl abuse at them

they had to line up outside each place and wait for the dogs and thought we would be intimidated

hahaha

everyone went to town and gave them the biggest lecture all day

they had health inspectors and building inspectors scrunitize each shop

they want to close we down

hahahaha

both the council and the health dpt said NP, we should be able to meet all the requirements without a drama

hehe

1 step forward

and

the struggle go on

when we check it

dey have no imagination

as expected

same as last year and every year since the first MardiGrass

babylon tries to get the nimbin cannabis law reform rally numbers down

by these intimidation tatics 4 weeks before MardiGrass

it is all BS and bluff

check the stats

less than 150 police incidents last year over the whole week end

at more than 10000 people came

thats less than 1.5% chance of a hassle over the whole week end

ok

break it down a bit more

of the 150 police incidents

most were cautions

less that 30 cases apearred before lismore court

and the cops did not win all of them either

so

that brings it down to bout 0.3% chance of suffering real hardship

do be carefull tho

i dont want see any drug war colatral dammage from the blessed oz stoners

we will do more this year to improve your saftey from the cops

with live nimfm radio broadcasts of the lastest up to date info pon all cop activities

som web sites will be set up with live web cams cop alerts

and dont forget 'google earth' to check for cops

essential to bring cameras

if you see someone in trouble take pix, record it

if you get into trouble stay in view of the camera

cops are well behaved in front of the cameras

if you have a head set like ear phone & mike type trip

put it on

we can bluff too

guidance and protection

Respect Radic and Joe. B safe and send the people in Nimbin our good wishes even if they are anti hydro:-)

Great advice on carrying cameras and vids to the Mardi Grass. You need cold hard evidence to lodge complaints about police brutality and illegal strip searches. Also, you should send these pictures and stories to the mainstream media - it's sensationalist enough for them to publish. I have a problem holding grudges against anyone and I respect the police have a job to do but this stuff makes me terribly angry. How dare they strip search a 14 year old girl with male cops present. This is highly illegal and hopefully there are witnesses that can lodge complaints and have some corrupt pigs thrown clean off the 'Force'.

Go safe all. I hate how they call this a drug war. It's a war against people and only one side is the aggressor with all their guns and uniforms and shields and batons. .

I'm so sorry that you guys have to live with this shit lol

Every ozstoner that lives in NSW should be writing to local politicians and the Minister for Police, asking how much this stunt cost the taxpayers. Ask them when you can expect this sort of brutality in your own town.. tell them that your scared that Police are going to start strip searching young girls in your neighbourhood.

These images must be shown to the rest of Australia, we don't need a Police force that attacks our citizens in this way.

NSW Police should hang their heads in shame.

I'm now more determined than ever to go to Mardi Grass, even if it's just to get punched in the throat by a riot cop for being peaceful :bangin:

Stay safe Nimbinites lol

Nimbinites ta for the update on what actually happened up there, hope you all stay safe and I hope somebody from the museum contacts the media re the outrageous strip search of that poor girl, given the carry on about the (necessary) intervention into native communities to protect children from abuse, to have the police perpertrate it is an abomination and shameful hypocrisy and needs to be exposed. Unlike the girl who should not have been.

irey thanx stonerz

we feel your support

great idea

write lotsa letters

ring up talk back radio

do wit

please

hafe love dat

yo

this is the first of a mth long attack pon inflicted the cannabis crucadorz of nimbin

every year the same

it is nice to know you are there

thanx n praize

btw

the youth was a friend of my daughters she said the girl who was strip scearched was 12y nearlly 13y