Good to see the thread back on track an some very very interesting points raised!

I think we should all remember though that cannabis.research is just one person in a proffessional capacity that is researching one specific aspect of pot and he shouldn;t and cant be held accountable for all cannabis studies. Asking him to answer ?'s that have no direct relation to his particular field of study is pretty pointless imo unless you just want his opinion an theories.

Radic love ya work mate although it does take awhile for me to decipher ya posts :xcited:

One point though....

ok

tell i why india is not fulla depressed indians?????

plenty a life time chronic cannabis smokers there

or morroco, china, indoinasa, the list goes on

Where do you get the information that China or Chinese people smoke large volumes of cannabis? I live in China, have done for 5 yrs now so I have a bit of a feel for the country let alone have smoked grown dealt n chased weed all across this country an i'm yet to meet a chronic chinese cannabis user....

It's pretty a big place, over 1.3 billion peeps.... For you to add China to your comment with such obvious mis-information or blantant over exagaration about the place makes me question some of your other "statements". Forgive if i'm not seeing this straight but how are you different from researchers govt etc when your spouting dis-information bundled up as "seek da truth mon"?

peace

c

Sorry if I offended you

I have had some particularily rough days, myself lately

Btw. I am not Radic, I am his wife

I am glad to see you are commited to revealing truth

I wish you well in your research

I was not inviting you to my house, I was offering my honesty and inviting you to ask me questions, here on the board.

But I can see from your answer that you are only interested in participants who will come to your lab.

And I was not making assumptions, I was asking for more information, with the intent to disspell assumptions.

The reason I brought up depression and anxiety, is that it was mentioned in your posts

again, I could be wrong

being a busy mum, I have little time to peruse the posts indepth and I apologize if I misunderstood or read anything incorrectly.

Guidance

Nyah I

To be honest i think this thread is starting to go around in circles, as did the other one.

As i said previously, this research has no direct funding, any money that is needed to support it is being drawn from left overs from previous research grants.

Yes i am aware of researcher and that being observed biases, as a scientific researcher, i am here to uncover the truth, not to be biased. I have been defending this throughout these whole discussions. If you do not believe in my objectivity then there isnt much more i can say. I am here mainly with the hope of finding people who may be interested in participating in my study, not to constantly defend my position and be attacked when people jump to conclusions about me. Many of you are highlighting that u feel attacked and victimised by the community for your cannabis use, tho you are doing the same to me here without any basis.

It's a case of shooting the messenger. You represent something many here don't like because of a recent onslaught of reefer madness amplified through yellow journalism based on questionable research proliferated by purported experts who claim they are non bias. I apologise that you feel victimised but this can only be the result of coming to a community that is constantly victimised and demonised by your ilk. It is therefore what you represent that is the problem - not you yourself. Good luck with it all.

ok

take over

my computer again

radic is back

yo chato

Radic love ya work mate although it does take awhile for me to decipher ya posts

sorry chato

i am dislexic

and the badest spella

no excuse really get a dictonary radic

i hear ya

i am an artists too

and i love to express creatively

and sometimes i am just having a dig at the english language

but the last ting i want is to be missconstruded

so i will make an effert to at least have a dictonary pon me desk

seen

Where do you get the information that China or Chinese people smoke large volumes of cannabis?

im sorry i didnt mean to miss lead you

i was reffering to allready respected medicinal cannabis research

chinese medicine has giant volumes of history using cannabis

there are manny diseases documented allready

most of our hemp cloth comes from china today

so some where in that big beautiful country grows a huge % of the worlds supply of hemp clothing

cannabis is illegal in most countries on the planet, including china, indoneisa and india

thanx to the us drugs treaty

im sure you are well aware of that fact

however

most countries where cannabis has a dominant traditional role still have to sign the treaty or face sanctions

but life goes on

tradition is still respected and practiced

well their gov try to keep the tourists out of the cannabis farming districts

their media lets its ebb low in the news

there is a lot of corruption involved pon both sides too

seen

researcher

this research has no direct funding, any money that is needed to support it is being drawn from left overs from previous research grants.

when you say grants

do you mean gov grants

or grants from multinational durg companies?

left overs from previous research grants

is this a common practice????

is there 'overs' from previous research grants often?

i was under the impression grant were only a % fo the total required

came with strings attached

and every cent had to be accounted for

do the vested fiancers not ask for change if you get the results the seek?????

would you accept financial support from say a drug company if even you knew it had vested interests in the negitive results ?????

please i do not mean to offend you

i seek to reason with you to find acceptable sollutions we both support

i realy admire you for comming here to reason with we

i think you are very brave

:xcited:

guidance

, as a scientific researcher, i am here to uncover the truth, not to be biased. I have been defending this throughout these whole discussions. If you do not believe in my objectivity then there isnt much more i can say.

Seems to me cannabis.research has stated his intent to be non biased. This would surely cover issues of funding and vested interest.

Yeah, everyone is biased. No argument there. What I said was that cannabis.research intends to be non biased and for the sake of an experiment that is about as much as you can hope for.

Surely there is still research being done for the sake of finding out things rather than some vested interest or ulterior motive. Cannabis.researchs' intent seems honorable enough to me.

I doubt that too many people involved in illicit drug research have honorable intent even if they themselves justify it this way to themselves and others. Look at it this way - first they exploit drug users in that there is a subject and expert relationship; second they begin with a bias in that they stand outside the culture wanting to look in as a career objective (at best they are paid voyeurs); third, the research is often methodologically flawed in that it fails to take into account very important contributors to mental illness; fourth, their research then falls into the hands of the media who have absolutely no ethics and it is the media that people (the vast majority of the population) read -i.e. very few people other than other academics read the original research, which in itself uses an exclusivity through language to exclude availability to the average person. I guess what we should really do is cut out the middle man (the expert) and give the media funding for their own brand of research. :xcited:

Surely there is still research being done for the sake of finding out things rather than some vested interest or ulterior motive

i am sorry to burst ya bubble bro

but in the real world

$$ rule over truth

everytime

sad but true

i costs big $$$$$$$ to do acredited scientific research

who pays for it????

biil gates???

:xcited:

oprah winfrey???

what bout dat dude that ownes virgin???

richie b?????

i wish mate

really

but what will settle it for we

if obama gets in

and he decides to pay for it

then maybe just maybe

we will see truth rule supreme

and researchers will be able to freely persue the truth

it is not your fault

i am not attacking you

correct i if i am wrong researcher

i believe most unis accept large sums of $$$ from large chemical drug companies in the form of research grants.

seen

is this not a common practice at your uni??????

are not the scientific researchers working for aims and values to please big business ???

just between you me and the internet

:protest

i wouldnt be supprized if the gov is on the pay role too