Hello, its not too often we have cannabis researchers here , so i wanted to run some previous research findings past you and ask you to give your views on such findings that resulted , studies in particular reported;

Various studies shows that Cannabis use alters cognitive functioning in healthy humans and may contribute to schizophrenia or worsening of pre-exisiting psychosis

Are these some of the claims you are researching and also what are your thoughts on such findings?

Thank You

B)

I think the big question bufo is whether or not this will help or hinder this community. If the study is set up to make cannabis use look bad, then it will just be more propaganda.

I wonder what will be done with the material and the results once published.

huummm

correct me if im wrong researcher

this is more than a scientific studdy as such,

a phd no less

the uni will publish it pon the net with all the other gratuate phd

unless you can prove something that the gov or their lobists wants to see thats where it will stay

unless you have the personal finance to take the results forward

seen????

a phd is your presonal acievement

and it belongs to you

ok

well i would like to know the answers to there questions please

before i would consider your offer

what is your long term plan for this project if you do get the results you are looking for??????ya know best case sinarieo

after you graduate what field of employment will you seek to undertake?????

why are you so interested in cannabis and the brain?????

do you think cannabis should be leagal ??????

do you smoke cannabis?????

If you come back cannabis.research I have a few general questions on cannabis and mental health. I am not sure what your background is but any views would be appreciated. It would be interesting to know what you are studying (i.e. subject).

Firstly regarding cannabis and schizophrenia: Do you think there is a link either causal or otherwise? If there is then is there any evidence that schizophrenia has increased since cannabis became popular in western society. My understanding is that schizophrenia still remains at 1% Is that correct? Also is there any evidence that countries with a long history of cannabis use have higher rates of schizophrenia? I’m thinking perhaps of India, Egypt, Jamaica, and some middle eastern countries.

Cannabis potency. One of the arguments I often hear is that increases in potency are behind mental health issues in cannabis users. As someone who has used cannabis for 30 years I find it incredible that you still get reports of potency increases of 20 and 30% I personally don’t think it has increased at all just that it has been measured incorrectly.In the past even leaf got used whereas today it is only the prime flowers. I believe that the potency has been incorrectly compared. If I am right (and I am sure I am) then this argument is wrong?

Can some of the mental health problems being attributed to cannabis be caused by the illegality of the drug? The fact that many of us live a double life to keep the law at bay surely must have an effect on your mental health. This is exacerbated when you grow. Many growers have to live a more isolated existence always worried about who comes to your door; who to trust e.t.c. You have maybe experienced this here with some of the reactions and suspicion to your request. Also simply being labeled as a criminal and having constant news articles about the next new danger attributed to cannabis has surely got to cause problems. In case you don’t know we are all losers who are going to hell with no teeth, cancer, lung problems, psychosis and schizophrenia.

Any general info or links would be appreciated.

Regarding the argument of the last few days can we just all start with a clean slate here from now on.

Any comments? Anyone?

dem links is to the scientists who are working pon diss "research " project

check dem

google their names and titles

you will see what they have produced so far

the net is a level playing field

i am a researcher too

Firstly regarding cannabis and schizophrenia: Do you think there is a link either causal or otherwise? If there is then is there any evidence that schizophrenia has increased since cannabis became popular in western society. My understanding is that schizophrenia still remains at 1% Is that correct? Also is there any evidence that countries with a long history of cannabis use have higher rates of schizophrenia? I’m thinking perhaps of India, Egypt, Jamaica, and some middle eastern countries.

Freddie you know where the nails are and you know how to hit em

right on bro

the real reason why cannabis use is high in schizophrenia suffers is because they are self medicating

thc is an anti psychotic

the same as the other anti psychotics that doctors perscribe less the side effects

shurley scientists of such a high education standards can overstand dat

Cannabis potency. One of the arguments I often hear is that increases in potency are behind mental health issues in cannabis users. As someone who has used cannabis for 30 years I find it incredible that you still get reports of potency increases of 20 and 30% I personally don’t think it has increased at all just that it has been measured incorrectly.In the past even leaf got used whereas today it is only the prime flowers. I believe that the potency has been incorrectly compared. If I am right (and I am sure I am) then this argument is wrong?

remember Afgani black putty

i have never seen anyting as good as dat since it ran out in de 70s

what bout smartrian trippin grass and Mullum Madness from dat time

stats can be tweested out of contex easly to support out right lies like dees

as more and more people get there grow practices fine tuned

the quality of the average bust samples is increasing

the cops are not dumb

they all tell lies

Can some of the mental health problems being attributed to cannabis be caused by the illegality of the drug?

there are many doctors who will support dat

the cops use this to justify intimidation tatics

thats their job

they are being payed to attack we

mash up de sceene

by the gov

to protect big biz

but you will get yours bullyman

i know you will read this

payday will come

mark my words bullyman

walk rightous cannabis crusadorz

you are right

good over evil

you will win

the hotter the battle

sweeter the victory

forward cannabis

Heal de people

heal de land

well 1 week and no reply form researcher

we miss you cannabis researcher

please come back and and answer we questions

dont worry

everyting gonna be alright

forward truth and rights

dats what we support

every ting irey

hahahahah

yes we a seek the facts of cannabis too

you know dat

the gov konws that

the cops know that

even de dog dat piss against the wall of babylon knows that

and so

thats why many smart scientists and researchers like yourself come here and read our boards

to find out de truth about cannabis

:thumbsup:

now yah know

cannabis has gotta be the most researched plant ever

yet the truth about cannabis is the most least published

so whats going on researcher??????????

so what are yous doing with all that Cannabis????????

hehe

same as we

eh

smoke it

haha

we dont call it wisdom weed for nutten

and why not

10% IQ increase

relaxed yet highten sencers

cannabis even helps the mind to think more laturaly

puts you ina relaxed meditative state of hightened awareness

perfax for research

eh

gotta love dat

Dr Harry Freeman was in me studio recording a tune last week and he said the latest scientific buzz is that cannabis somehow causes the brain to grow receptor sites

now that is crucial

that has gotta have someting to do with the 10% IQ increase

thc even grows brain cells

forward truth and rights

free cannabis

sorry about my late reply, i havent been looking on here over easter.

radic you are right, the phd will be published on the net by the university, however, as you saw by googling our names, it will also be submitted to a peer reviewed journal for publication to a wider audience. here it is reviewed by other scientists, based on its scientific merits, before publication.

to answer your questions: im not exactly sure about any long term plans in regards to this project as it depends entirely on the results. It is possible that cannabis use in patients w schiz may improve cog function, and if this is the case medication with targets cannabinoid receptors may be a further avenue of research. but it should be noted that patients w shiz who use cannabis often have worse psychotic symptoms.

- after i graduate at this stage i plan to be employed in the research sector, in a research institute associated w a uni

- im interested in the effects of cannabis on the brain because the issue is so contentious

- i dont think there is enough clear evidence on the effects to warrant its legalisation, just yet anyway

- i dont smoke, i have of course tried it but it makes me sick (yes.. maybe im weak!).

freddie. you are exactly right with all your points. the rate of schiz around the world remains the same.. though there is some recent research coming out of zurich which suggests that int he youngest age groups there may be an increase in schiz (co-inciding w an increase in cannabis use in those age groups).

cannabis potency. i agree with you here. Though in terms of the scientific literature there are not many articles which actually state that there has been an increase in potency, i have only found one so far and this is the one that many other people cite when saying that cannabis potency has increased. the potency issue is very complex

Lastly, it is possible that some of the mental health issues could be attributed to the lifestyle. i dont know of any research on this topic, but thats not to say there hasnt been any. but we also do know that cannabis acts on the neurotransmitters in the brain such as dopamine, and in illnesses such as depression and anxiety (which are common in cannabis users) these neurtransmitters are affect. therefore its also possible that it could be a direct result of cannabis use on these brain chemicals

radic, in terms of the self medicating thing in schiz.. the scientific literature on this issue is not clear. there are studies which suggest that cannabis use has an antipsyhotic like effect (on motor activity etc). but there are also a lot of studies that do not find support for this self medication hypoth.

Hope that answers most of your questions :thumbsup: