run come, show some love at the brisbane supreme court 10am pon the 21

Yeah I listened to that one too, it was all good. Thanks.

I'm not too sure about it being "biblical", there is a difference between natural law and civic law, and even criminal law, but they have noithing to do with the bible, they're almost stae of mind when they're spoken of philosophicaly, and when talking about them critically, they're just laws, progressively written.

Maybe what you saw was simply old english law.

I worked in the records department of a police department once, and murder files are never thrown out, so we had old files that were turning to dust before ya eyes, goinbg right back to first settlement of these states.

Reading them can sound very "biblical" if you have aversions to the bible etc, but it's simply the way they spoke.

I'd like to actually see these writings. I read the bible quiet a bit, never read anything supporting marijauana prohibition in there.

anyway, no biggy.

take care.

rob

RobbieGanjaSeed The constitution and the UN Charter on Human Rights that we have signed to gives us freedom of Religion and the freedom to express our religion according to what we believe, and since we are sworn in to court on The Bible they therefore recognise the importance of it to our faith, and it is the Bible that not only says we can use Cannabis, it tells us we are to use it for healing and anointing. So given this what do you think about this argument now?

FACT # 1, Australian courts do NOT require mantadory swearing of oath upon the Bible , affirmation to tell the truth is / can / and will be accepted in any Australian Court of Law.

Thereafter failure to tell the honest truth will be deemed to be 'perjury' for which there are very substantial penalties.

EDIT;and i never said or tried to dismiss that the Bible was present in the courtroom ffs, so dont jam me lillbit.

Clothes don't make the man.. wonder who thought that up and what the dress code was then.

The situation dictates by environment and statement. Obviously money, then temperature, more or less layers, but the statement - is who the person is. Blending in, standing out as different or from some other place. Judgement is made almost instantly by the viewer - clothes describe the man.

But the law doesn't, with cannabis, it discriminates against man. Even declares war over it!

I can see both sides of this and agree with both. To make change in the courts, perhaps, dress rock in a suit for the day.. even pass the hat around for donations and tell the court this suit was donated by friends of cannabis and will be auctioned on ebay for charity after court. But dress to show them you seriously want to change the law, rather than just break it and flaunt the fact. Perhaps much better to go plantless, just as a representative of rock, cannabis and its vilified users.

Consider a bus load of judges coming to nimbin to get a feel for rock's day. Do you reckon they'd wear suits to work in the bush with rock? They'd be wigless and casual.

Tunes aren't bad Radic. Stand Up is a bit like Get Up Stand Up, good work.

Standing up for what we believe in today, is growing and using cannabis. Being discreet is the only way of continuing in safety.

Maybe rock can show that the sovereign citizens of the universe, are prepared to live in harmony with the aus laws of today, once prohibition repeal, removes the disharmony for everyone.

The focus today is on negative stereotypes for cannabis, even down to what we call it and all are used to discredit the plant and user.

When alcohol was prohibited, the stereotypes were far more aggressive, yet it is today accepted and embraced in most aus cultures, yes sacramentally :) used for tourism, celebrations, recreations and medicinally - just the same as cannabis is, even though illegal.

Good luck rock ^_^

I think the ritual use of cannabis and it's oil is truthfully described int he bible, although I take this on faith in those that have researched it becuase it isn't black and white. However as a christian,I see many rituals and sacraments in the bible that don't pertain to me,so I don't use the persence of it as an "excuse" for myself.

As a christian, I refuse to justify myself before God or man, which after all is what christianity basically is. A humbling of oneself and acceptance of oneself , with faith in God, and not in self (I know,I have a long way to perfection), which would be usually done by justifying oneslf through the "Law', sacraments, rights, observances....

I also accept that through the freedom of religion, if someone wants to use the sacraments of the bible to moderate their beliefs, then they ought to have that full right, as I believe you do. It's just not my faith to do so.

These weren't my points though, I was just curious what passages of the bible radic thought were being used to support prohibition. Personally I think it might be a misunderstanding is all.

good luck to both avenues.

rob

In your opinion, do I fall into this category pipeman?

:)

Well I think you are unduly judgmental of the Nimbin folk. I have my criticisms of them as well, but at least they are doing something. They deserve some respect IMO.

When someone else organises a more "respectable" law reform movement I'll support that as well, but as far as I can see there is none in Australia. Until then I'm still thankful for the efforts these guys make, and for preserving a place that anyone in the area knows they can get cannabis anytime and even provide a reasonably safe environment to smoke up in public. (HEMP Bar) ^_^

Pipeman all we are trying to get across is that if we want to win this fight we must remove the stereotype that the media presents on all users, we must dress accordingly, look respectable and behave the same. We need to give them nothing to throw at us regarding this or we will simply not get the changes we are wanting.

This has gone on too long as it is and while we allow the press to show the scruffy, dirty looking, pot smoking hippy type, who the public see as criminals and dole bludgers, this gives them the reasons to not allow us to fight this on Constitutional grounds either Freedom of Religion or Medical Use.

We need to show we are not what they expect to see in Cannabis cases, by turning up to court in suits or at least in neat, clean clothing that has actually been ironed, neat hair tied back if long, simply put clean and tidy appearance. I would not turn up at Nimbin in a suit because it would make other feel uncomfortable not to mention I would look completely out of place, so the same should be said when we go to a Court of Law, we dress to suit the occasion.

Sorry if that is a bit long winded, and I too am sorry if I have upset anyone that was not my intention, I am an Asperger sufferer and therefore tend to say exactly what comes to mind, without doing any filtering and on this site I thought I was safe in doing just that.