Is Cannabis Paranoia real?

sounds to me.. Freebird.. that you dont even smoke pot.. so keep ya propaganda to ya self.. hey...

the facts are MILLIONS of people smoke cannabis on a daily basis with no serious harm to them selves at all.. ive had 7 cones already this morning.. hang on.. i feel like im about to die.. nope sorry .. another false alarm...

and as cannabis being a dangerous drug.. get real mate... alcohol and tobacco far out weigh any minimal harms that cannabis may have.. even aspirin kills more people on a yearly basis over cannabis... oh .. hang on.. thats right.. cannabis hasnt killed anyone... EVER.. so to me.. it would be one of the safest recreational pass times known to man... get real.. stop listening to bullshit government propaganda.. if you smoked pot then youd know this already... get educated..

dont come here pushing ya bullshit.. cuz our members are lot smarter than that...

I belong to the group who have smoked nearly 30 years nearly daily and personally have not had any problems with paranoia (except about pigs and narcs)

my son smokes cones and does end up in hospital not just once now 5 times in 5 years

99.9% of my friends and family have no paranoia effects

I never said cannabis is dangerous anywhere

if I thought that I would not have ever smoked (I do not drink)

I have been trying to find how one person in a family of smokers can go this way and since we are a close genetic match (father-Son)

i am looking for a different way to help him as going to hospital has not helped and he still wants to smoke with us

Telling him he is not allowed to smoke is just dodging the issue e.g. treating the symptoms

I would like to help with a cure so he can smoke MJ when he wants like to rest of us.

by admitting there is a problem one can move to the next step and bloody well fix it

This is not a made up story I am asking for help with a real world problem.

so.. your son gets paranoid when he smokes??

maybe he has other issues as well going on.. but like you said.. you dont get that from smoking..

i am not sure.. i thought the question was whether smoking pot made you paranoid.. and for me.. it doesnt..

i guess every one has different reactions to different things.. some people have different allergies than others... my dad is allergic to cats.. im not.. my brother cant smoke pot cuz he says he goes crazy.. i smoke shit loads.. and all it does for me is get me stoned.. helps me sleep.. gets me through the everyday BS of having to go to work for fuck all money... i dont get wierd shit going on.. so i probably cant really relate to what your going through...

what other drugs does he take?.. is it the pot.. could it be something else?

I get extreme paranoia when I smoke, but only because cannabis is illegal and I don't want my neighbours to smell it. Take me out into the country and I'm fine.

However, I recently got a Volcano and one of the experiments I've been wanting to try for years is to smoke the leftover bud. I vaped about 1g many times, starting at about 170 degrees and moving up to about 190 degrees over 8-10 bags. With nothing left, I rolled what was left into a joint and smoked that - and it was exactly what I've been looking for! A very clear head high with strong muscle relaxant properties (I suffer from a chronic back injury from 7 years ago, never been able to find a truly indica dominant strain to touch it), and NO PARANOIA! CBD/CBN/etc. don't vapourise at the low temps that THC/THCV/terpenoids/flavinoids/etc. do - so for me THC is very involved in triggering paranoia.

Increased heart rate etc. are probably involved, I get a general increase in anxiety - but it only really hits if I think about neighbours smelling it. Edibles don't give me this reaction, but vapourisers do still give me a hint of it. i.e. It's not just the widely recognised smell of burning cannabis that makes me paranoid, but a high THC ratio wrt other cannabinoids.

It's real guys, just because it doesn't affect you doesn't make it any less real for those of us who suffer from this reaction.

Before treatment only pot nothing else not even booze,

during treatment period anything the hospital THINKS might help (treats him like a test subject)

The symptoms start to appear about 15min-30min after ingestion of 1 cone and last until about 3 weeks after his last cone

normal to slight paranoia when straight.

outdoors pot takes longer to happen

hydro happens real quick

Edited by amarkrieder

thats the thing.. they wouldnt know.. so the doc goes and tries this and that.. and in the end the drugs hes on are making things worse than when they started...

wierd how he gets it from hydro and not outdoor... well more so with hydro.. maybe its the increased resin content?.. getting more hit for you cone?.. some outdoor i find is still very strong tho.. puts me on my ass...

whats he paranoid about.. does he say.? or is it a psychocis.. hearing voices sort of thing?? or just being a loner?

im with niall tho.. i get the same thing.. but its not from psychosis.. its just worrying about getting busted,.. having being busted before.. i know whats its like to have your privacy raped for something so stoopid.. the fact i can now go to jail for something that is relatively harmless is quite worrying... but thats not a psychosis thing.. thats just being stoned and not wanting to go to jail for it..

maybe he is one of those very few that cant smoke cannabis.. i dont deny the fact that some people really shouldnt be smoking it.. but apart from the very few that shouldnt smoke cannabis for fears of mental issues.. its a relatively safe drug ... with some amazing medicinal properties..