RDT's now in Queensland

I think this legislation is a step in the right direction. I mean, think about it. For drugs to be legal there would need to be legislation such as this in place to ensure people are not driving under the influence of anything. So in a way I see it as sort of a precursor to legalizing drugs. For a long time the government has neglected drug users' health and safety, and now they're taking responsibility for it. I mean, I've driven countless times under the influence but I do feel it's putting both the driver and the public at increased risk.

Although, the means by which they test for drugs is fair from ideal.. I remember reading an article here not too long ago saying that the failure rate of these instruments was significant, something like 50%. So what if you've produced a false positive, and they take you for a blood test? You're fucked. But what I don't understand is that residues in your body that are absorbed by the fat cells is not an indication of whether you're under the influence or not, but an indication that you've smoked up anywhere from a week ago to a month ago. So it's like pulling over a casual drinker and jailing them for drinking 12 days ago, despite the fact they're completely sober behind the wheel. It's crazy and it's stupid.

My fear is that I'll get a false positive, or that they'll still find "traces" of thc in my saliva and I'll lose my license, or a fine. I can't have either of them haha.

When you take all safety factors into consideration, along with the cost and public nuisance of drug testing, these roadside drug tests are a joke of course. Just more cheap publicity for polititions and more opportunity for the police to collect fines for any positive results as well as any other violations they happen to pick up as they pick cars to be pulled over and examined for conformance.

The most important factor in driver safety is state of mind. This is proved by the fact that under 25 drivers, who have the best reflexes and hand eye co ordination, also have the highest accident rates. Also, there is no evidence to suggest cannabis has any significant effect on driver safety.

The answer to this is simple. Forget wasting money on drug test kits, issue the police with digital cameras and they record you doing a reflex and co ordination test. Its fair and its cheap, and tests the thing we are most concerned about, ability of the driver to handle a car.

The aim of the roadside tests is to find impaired drivers not those who have used a drug in the past few days.

Amounts of THC that would impair a driver are supposed to be out of saliva in about 4 hours. Hopefully any driver should be unimpaired by then and certainly should be by 5-6 hours.

Let's face it, cannabis doesn't waste people for endless periods of time.

If the true aim is road safety then it's to be hoped the tests are only designed to catch intoxicated drivers.

It is difficult to guage what the truth is because the information is coming only from one side.

The swab tests are good for detecting pot use within the last 6 - 4 hours , trials by the Hemp Embassy showed a variety of false results , most of the cases that make it to court are flawed because they can only prove you had THC in your blood and not whether you were actually "impaired" as there is no means of measuring the amount you had in your blood and no research done into what level makes you "impaired" ( unlike alcohol ) , a good lawyer can beat the rap and possibly you will get a fine for using cannabis.

Every time I get into a car I am stoned or have THC in my blood , I hold a Gold license and have never been in an accident that I have caused .

Dodging multi car pileups on the freeway daily among things falling off the backs of trucks and missing kangaroos at 2am in the morning while doing 140 kmph and all stoned I'd say my reaction times and driving style are finer than the average punter !

I'm quite prepared to defend myself in court with a ton of info I can bring from the net ( even the Youtube video :P ) , in the meantime my life shall go on the same - I shall coninue to drive under the influence mon :P

Thank the citizens of Newcastle NSW for the latest binge of drug bussery and the purchase of new dilemma Winnebagos , when the bacon done a blitz there recently 1 in 10 drivers were stoned !

NSW orderded 6 more buses within weeks - bloody newcastle stoners ! :P

all this drug driving shit has got alot of people scared, most of it is MEDIA HYPE.

i have kept my ear to the ground and talked to both cops and lawyers.

they require a BUS to do tests. patrol cars do not carry tests

tests are expencive, unless they have good reason, they prob wont test

the test the police do, are not yet accepted in court. any positives must be sent off to a lab to establish standing in court. this will be the case until at least the end of feb (3 month trial peroid)

most of this is in the media and just ment to scare you. police will only be set up in high traffic areas, where they can be seen and so you can tell your friends to be worried.

remember, when drinking, you go to a pub, and the police catch you on the way out.... stoners are less predictable. stay safe and use back roads. up to $1050 fine if caught. but get a lawyer and beat the rap, thats what the system is for.

most people who do get caught with drugs in cars are pulled over for other reasons. if the police have reason they search car and then you get fucked. keep stashs locked in the boot and glove compartment. if you do not give them permision to search, they may require a warrent. i am still a little hazy if this is fact in aust, but its a good idea anyway.

if you are attracting such attention in the first place then you need a wake up call anyway. dont make stoners look bad because you fucked up. we are a peaceful people who are not inclined to be violent like drunks and other drug ABUSERS

Brought up some good points there QH.

Have been wondering whether a positive test result, is followed by a car search. Haven't heard yet?

In aussie they don't need a warrant to search, just the suspicion.

So, is a positive test swab enough suspicion?

and next .. 'I'm on a database?' :applause:

keep stashs locked in the boot and glove compartment. if you do not give them permision to search, they may require a warrent. i am still a little hazy if this is fact in aust, but its a good idea anyway.

if you are attracting such attention in the first place then you need a wake up call anyway. dont make stoners look bad because you fucked up. we are a peaceful people who are not inclined to be violent like drunks and other drug ABUSERS

I give credit to most of what you posted QH, but in Qld a cop only has to ask to inspect your spare tyre or jack during a vehicle inspection to get his fucking nose into your boot!

Besides, they can make up any bullshit to justify 'reasonable suspicion' and then legally pull your fucking car to pieces on the roadside, only to drive off empty handed, leaving you with a car to reassemble.

Some of my closest mates were once wrongly accused of 'assaulting an officer' when some cops got heavy-handed with a rowdy crowd outside of a nightclub. One rookie fuckwit even pulled his gun out! Before the cunts had arrived at the scene no violence had occured. It took over a year to get those charges thrown out of court, but we were hassled regularly for at least another year after that by those spiteful maggots. It sure doesn't pay to look a little different in regional Qld especially once the cops realize that you won't lay down and respect them like the mindless law-abiding sheep that they deem we should be :peace:

My point is, you don't necessarily have to be doing anything wrong to end up on the wrong side of the law and once you're there it's where they try to keep you :applause:

I sincerely wish that it wasn't this way :doh:

Unfortunately Australia is one of the last developed countries in the world to lack a Bill of Rights. So when it comes to whether you can be searched or not, you have no legal recourse. They aren't allowed to simply walk into anybody's home, but if they "suspect, or have reason to suspect" drugs will be found inside of a property they have every right under Australian law to enter.

We really need a Bill of Rights, I know, you know, we all know that Marijuana prohibition is ineffective and against good common sense. As it stands we have little in the way of protection from these unjust laws.