nute strength

looking good.,. i would have thought at 1100ppm thered be some yellowing of the leaves.. but its looking real healthy... and sticky.. :bongon:

I do have a bit of yellowing going on at the base of the plants but i've just been picking off the leaves as they turn. I've also been spraying them with seaweed extract every now and then which has helped keep them green.

Here's the Afghan that I didn't top...

post-13877-1200320393_thumb.jpg

....my 2nd Afghan....

post-13877-1200322660_thumb.jpg

and my hawiian fantasy clone...

post-13877-1200321158_thumb.jpg

.....she's frosty..... :peace:

post-13877-1200322130_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing 3 more weeks for a week 8 finish :thumbsup:

I agree with feeding up to a max of around ppm 1200 with coco. Any higher and it starts to accumulate and raise the EC at the root zone.

Good looking plants, well done :thumbsup:

I just noticed a slight bit of leaf curl on the Afghani that wasn't topped when I looked at those pics again. You've done so well so far with waterings, don't be tempted to keep them too wet now. Probably good time to slow up on the waterings :bongon: just my 2 cents

Edited by bufo marinus

also dont stress about the yellowing from the bottom up every plant does it as it starts to feed off the reserves it has stored during veg

so yeah dont start upping ya nutes to compensate for it also i would drop off the seaweed extract foliar feeding now if you still wanna foliar feed ya can use a simple sodawater spray just make sure it is plain carbonated water with no salts added

but they looking good you probably dosed them a week late with the PK13/14 i do mine at week 4 but still should be good by the end

cheerz :thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments SS, bufo and Stoney.

Bufo...

i was initially hand watering them but had to set up a 20L res with pump &

drip feeders while away for a week. I'm still using this system and feeding

each plant about 600ml per day. Every now and then I'll skip a day to let

them get plenty dry. The pots aren't that big so they're soaking up their food

pretty quick plus i get temps in high 30's if its a warm night.

Stoney...

I quit the seaweed after 2nd week flowering and reverted to plain old soda water

for foilar feeds. Just read the label and it contains carbonated water & ............SALT! :bongon:

Oh well it doesn't seem to have hurt them yet i'll use the carbonated mineral water in future.

Being lazy with the foiler feeding may have been a blessing in disguise...?

I think you're right about the PK, 10% of the hairs have started to turn brown/orange already.

I reckon they'll be plenty finished end of week 8 (3 weeks from 2moz) but with 3 diff strains who knows.

I'm interested to see how the two Afghans compare yeild wise with the different growing techniques,

any guesses for what my yeild might be? I'd be happy with an oz. per plant.

Thanks again :thumbsup: