Nimbin man brings marijuana to court... again

lol he is gunna become a celebrity if he keeps this up ... a martyr from Nimbin , but its Qld courts and i bet the cops have already got it in for this dude , he is laughing cause his sentence was suspended :peace:

good publicity for Nimbin too

lol

I don't think he'll be laughing when the "suspected" cannabis is analyzed and he goes to court again. The judge will most likely impose the Suspended sentence for a blatant disregard of the "law".

Sure... we all know how credible politicians are dont we?

The point is to pull off the maximum media effect with minimum charges but you need it against a large enough crowd, it becomes mighty expensive to charge 500 people for having a joint, especially if you fuck around the police and the courts in a smart and legal way. I have a mate that proved this same concept with speeding fines, managed to drag it out for around 12 months, couldnt make it to court due to work etc... not signing documents from police or signing in the wrong spot, not getting a witness to sign it etc. It cost the government around $16000 to get to that point where my mate just pleads guilty and pays his $150 fine plus $150 court cost. Mighty expensive isnt it!

Sure... we all know how credible politicians are dont we?

The point is to pull off the maximum media effect with minimum charges but you need it against a large enough crowd, it becomes mighty expensive to charge 500 people for having a joint, especially if you fuck around the police and the courts in a smart and legal way. I have a mate that proved this same concept with speeding fines, managed to drag it out for around 12 months, couldnt make it to court due to work etc... not signing documents from police or signing in the wrong spot, not getting a witness to sign it etc. It cost the government around $16000 to get to that point where my mate just pleads guilty and pays his $150 fine plus $150 court cost. Mighty expensive isnt it!

I like the idea of doing what you say, but how would you get 500 people to do it?, Sure they can't charge everyone but I'd hate to be one of the poor bastards who does get charged and that's why I personally wouldn't do it. I do want the laws changed but not to the point where I get a criminal record, It's still really easy to smoke even though its illegal.

:peace:

I don't think he'll be laughing when the "suspected" cannabis is analyzed and he goes to court again. The judge will most likely impose the Suspended sentence for a blatant disregard of the "law".

Exactly, and the judge won't hesitate despite the guy being disabled or whatever. Its a crime to possess weed no matter you're circumstances. This guy is just wasting public funds trying to big note himself. He isn't gonna be some cannabis martyr.

jojo, i think you might be missing Mr Till point. I doubt he's doing it to be some sort of martyr at all.

Till, a supporter of cannabis legalisation, claimed the plant was to be used as evidence to prove the drug was not dangerous.

If you look at Queensland legislation to which Mr Till is being charged under, it refers to cannabis as a "dangerous drug" and not to what it actually is. Why they can't charge you for what it actually is and not some beat up title that some tossers decided to label it as, is straight up wrong.

jojo, i think you might be missing Mr Till point. I doubt he's doing it to be some sort of martyr at all.

If you look at Queensland legislation to which Mr Till is being charged under, it refers to cannabis as a "dangerous drug" and not to what it actually is. Why they can't charge you for what it actually is and not some beat up title that some tossers decided to label it as, is straight up wrong.

Of Course!

But as a local nimbin resident who portrays himself as a typical "stoner" (ie: wearing no shoes). What kind of judicial court is going to take his message seriously?

If i was to ever get done, I would make doctors testify, show medical proof, list goes on..

Did he do any of this? No.

How is a court of "law" going to take someone like this seriously?

If anything, I think he is portraying the cannabis community poorly and i'm sure alot of people think he is a joke.

Ok, well i'm not saying the laws are just or fair, the fact of the matter is, he broke the law. Also taking it for "evidence"? That's crap it's still illegal, would someone be allowed to take a machine gun into court if it were to be used as evidence?

Also since you think the laws are wrong, do you think this sort of action would help to change them??

Does it really matter that the messenger is a 'fruitcake' ... sure he is an eccentric odd-ball but his actions have managed to direct the public's attention to the use of cannabis as a medical aid ... no doubt he got wide coverage in his local area in print and TV media as well as the www. and not just once but this keeps coming back up due to his eccentric behaviour ...

is the criminalisation(?) of this harmless fruitcake really worthy of the Court's time , if this is a crime who is the victim ..

i reckon he is doing a great job and in this case there is no such thing as bad publicity imo