CFL's (again)

well as far as i can see more of this kind of stuff is going to result of his foolishness i mean how long is some one going to be repremanded and blocked before someone gets off their butts and does something about it, he berates EVERYONE just when he gets disagreed with or a little mad, and whos to say he ISNT a child im sure there has to be some sort of age limit on discussions about this kind of stuff. I say stop the bs before it starts get rid of people who throw tantrums when they dont get their way before this shit does hit the fan. Granny was a nice lady but i don't blame her for leaving, I mean there are other places where her knowledge can be appricated rather than challenged at every single turn. Im sure EVERY one had quoted magizines and books and ECT this place is here so we share knowedge and get along and hate the man for holding us down together not to get on here and hurt some kind, wise old laidies feelings just because one bull headed bush lovin american cant stand to be wrong. Come on people you all know what im talking about. There should be a limit you should only get repremanded for your before so many times before you loose your privlege to be acknowedged in a place like this. Learn to get along or go somewhere else. Thats all i have to say about it and if no one is willing to stand with me on this one so be it, and if no one wants to go and apologize to granny thats fine too, you all have to live with it on your head, it bullocks if nothing is done about this and we all know it. now do something about it.

Ion although i appreciate your comments please start a new topic this is vertexxx's thread on CFL's and as you where not directly apart of the issue earlier please don't let it interupt the topic at hand again as thats not fair to vertexxx or anyone in the future wanting to read this thread for info please don't take this as silencing you if you would like to start a topic that's totally fine

Gee, it would be good if there were two subject lines to this thread.

We could then choose to either click on "Let's get Al.B" or "CFL's.."

Now Luke Skywalker has good post..

I apologise about whats happened to your thread and that it's gone of the rails again

Luke I agree and I've given that advice to others. I usually don't take the bait.

I still can't see how taking the numbers from a catalog is either plagerism or misleading.

I would like to remind Vertexx that I was not the one to fire the first shot, this has been going on a long time and the belligerant posts tend to just pop up when we least expect them.

But to get back on topic, here are two clones in flower under a combination CFL 120w flood and an HPS 400w.

They are in soil. They have gotten 2, 1/2 strength feedings of Big Bud in the last month and other than that just rain water.

They have 2-3 weeks to go.

post-12819-1191350868_thumb.jpg

post-12819-1191350903_thumb.jpg

post-12819-1191350936_thumb.jpg

Hi Luke Skywalker,

Interesting post.

I think that what AL B. was getting at is this : If say there was a radio station that outputted at 1000 watts.

Now, let's say that you, some distance away could only just recieve it.

Ok, now,lets build another 1000 watt radio station beside it and have it broadcasting the same stuff.

I guess that you, some distance away would not notice any difference, the strength of that signal would not change.

The range of 1000watts would not change no matter how many transmitters there were.

A 2000 watt radio station would however have a much greater strength and range, wouldn't it ??

Now, that, I'm sure does make sense. Whether that relates to light is the real question.

Maybe it does...but then, your light meter is showing more emission..Oh dear..Maybe AL.B.Fuct might like

to comment on this.

There seems to be a contradiction here.

Come on Al.B. :D

wow granny

thats a nice specimen

very tall,like me..:D

so can i ask where in relation to the 400w do u have the cfl?

im a hid fan threw and threw,to the day i die

i only use cfls for early vege cloning and seedlings

there has been some great info threw this thread

congrats to all that has participated

i for 1 have a greater undrstanding

cheers

billo

The CFL is in one of those clamp on aluminum fixtures (cheap) and I have it clamped in one of the front upper corners. It's about 10-15cm (5-6") lower than the HPS. The HPS is mounted on the outside top of the box.

You can see it in the pic.

My veg box has the red LEDs along with 6 CFLs 100-120w there's 3 wire shelves so I have 2 lamps per shelf, and I wouldn't change a thing. Everything in there grows like crazy, and all I use in veg is fish emulsion because I have my soil mixed with worm poo, blood and bone meal, diatomatious earth, peat, perlite, and humus with manure. I plan to build a bigger box, and will probably get one big CFL then, but for now, this is working perfectly.

Luke? are the 48w output or useage? I get confused with that. My 120w use 28w...

post-12819-1191383280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Granny