ventilation questions

Yeah a 250mm centrifugal is way too big for that setup. A 150mm axial as gaz said should do the job but I'd get a centrifugal, you can get a 150mm centrifugal for under $150, as your main exhaust its worth the money, and gives you the flexibility of adding longer lengths of ducting and/or an odor sok/carbon filter if you wanted to.

I also think it would be a good idea to get a cheap inline fan as your intake. Can bet those 125mm fans that are a good fit inside 150mm ducting for $50 or less. And it can also double as an internal air circulation fan and will help reduce the load on your exhaust fan and increase air flow. ;)

If you need to run a carbon filter inline, a centrif is the way to go. Axials can't push into high static pressures created by obstructions like a filter/silencer or long duct runs with lots of bends. When they reach their design limits for static pressure load, axials will simply allow air to escape backward through the gaps between the fan blades. You may think you're moving the axial's rated CFM but it'll be a lot less if there's a filter or silencer.

ventilation is also an issue for myself im buildin something probably in the area of 10'x10'x6-8' tall i was wondering if just recirculating the air all through the box or through a seireis of pvc tubes that ran from the top to the bottom but were kind windy to cool the air would that work in tryin to make a completely eclosed system so that the smell wouldn't escape except when i open the door to check on may babbies

hey

just a quick question

would the C250L spectrum fan be ideal for a 2x2x2 room with 2 600 hps's? filter is 600mm long 13" wide and 8" outlet

specs ((((dont know why it says 115watt on the first line when its 250watt))))

**Spectrum HGC310L centrifugal 115watt 250mm 410L/Sec

Customline C250L

If noise is an issue then this is the model to choose

* Perfect for large filters

*250 watts

*Quiet operation

*Solid pressure for normal to high load situations

i guess with a 250mm fan u can use a reducer for the filter so with 10" acoustic duct and a reducer would this be ideal? someone else on here mentioned they are low pressure?

i was originally thinking the c200 one specs as follows but i can get the c250l cheaper

Spectrum HGC280 centrifugal 105watt 200mm (((((same thing here its accually 150watts))))

Customline C200 Centrifugal fans

200mm

Super quiet

Good pressure for long lengths of duct and carbon filters

im finding conflicting specs

i think maybe the c250l might be 195watt and flow of about 300lts

anyways that fan would be good for the size room? also can always get a bigger filter to suit it better later but would the 600mm by 13" work temporarly if the flow is only 300litres minus 30percent etc ?

its just that this very quiet fan would be a much better buy then the c200 im thinking

cheers

Edited by panic

cheers gaz ill do some research tomorrow can always sell my filter and upgrade later better to have the better fan now insted of wanting to upgrade both later eh

fan controller would slow it down as well?

dont think a better fan is even gunna fix the prob of humitdity atm with rel humidity of 90 atm with this wet weather