seeds coming thru

granny its in rockwool im scared to rip it open and see if the shell is stuck on. You think i should do it? thats what i did 2 the last one and it died, its root is thru the rockwool but the top 2 leaves are closed?

Something not right with it.

Pictures would help a lot with this thread.

I don't suggest touching it at all...you will usually only increase the chances of it dying if you mess with it.

If the shell was impeding it, it wouldn't have leaves forming and prolly would have died by now.

How many leaves does it have so far? Is it the same size as the others?

It might just be a tad slower than it's brethren - different pheno perhaps?

The roots can be exposed as long as necessary as long as you are keeping the RW moist. They are just looking for other water supplies...

This is what I know from starting seeds of all types of plants which I've been doing a long time, the only thing I'm new to is RW and IMHO it sux...

And i think a 400 watt light for seedlings is 2 strong

Well that's a hell of a lot weaker than the big HID in the sky and that seems to be just fine for most of the earths plants.

Jimbo

Edited by jimbojones5678

you could cover the tops of your pots with clayballs to avoid excessive evaporation from the rock wool, it acts like mulch on an out door garden. try not to touch them too much man, especially pulling the rock wool apart. try flushing the rock wool and then adding your ph'd water to them might be a batch of high ph rockwool.plant em and just let em do their thing dont try to play doctor as is results in what you have experienced.....they will let you know if they dont like something you have done.

I guess Jimbo is right if you're not used to handling seedlings it's probably best not to.

The one that I managed to turn over is doing fine although still way smaller than the others.

I know almost nothing about rockwool. I use Jiffy pellets, and even used them in my bubblejugs with lava rock.

Jiffy pellets are compressed peat and it's very soft and washes away easily.

I thought about the sun being strong, but also consider that most seedlings come up in spring, before the sun is at it's strongest. In the end it's all trial and error.

oh well i touched it and its gone now it had no leaves on top just looked like a round lil ball. So im left with 2, putem under 100w

6400k spec fluro, they arent growing much pretty much the same as when they were put under fluro which was maybe 3 days or so they still only have the 1st two leaves, how long do they take 2 grow?? They are an indica, double stone from CS so they are not gonna get very big 1 meter max fully grown. They been on plain water ph around 6 and some rhizo. Just put some nutes in the tank, ec is 0.6-0.8(flashing between 420-560 ppm) and lowered the ph abit hopefully its at 5.5-5.8 ill have 2 check it later.

Ive swictched the valve off (using autopots) so tommrw ill give em a drink on the nutes(was waiting for them 2 mop up the water from the pot tray).

Mine are in soil and after they make that first fast shot of growth they slow down to a more normal grow rate. That light is almost the same as I'm using on the babies, I've got it about 15-20 cm away from them so they don't stretch too much.

I haven't added any nutes except for whats in my soil, and some pirhana.

Usually when a plant looks good but doesn't seem to be growing...it is, it's growing roots. And that's a very good thing.