seeds coming thru

i see 1 baby has poped the rk/w and couple other about 2, should i have osc fan on em blowing direct, they in a dome likes clones, should i take it off already they under 400 HPS about 80cm away, cheers

;)

;)

seems like the superthrive for germ(alil in the water) and alil rhizo soaked rockw cubes did good this the 5th day tho.

I do. That light is for flowering. All seedlings need at first is a small flouro a CFL I've even had good results with the windowsill, and a desk lamp when they're that young.

Let them get a couple of sets of true leaves before you hit them with strong light. ;)

A 400w light can be over kill for seedling but you can use it just make sure u dont have to close or u will burn the seedlings and dry out the cubes and kill em as well.

Like Granny said cf lighting is more ideal for raising seedlings as u can have em rite on top of em with out causing any probs and save a lot on power wile they grow to the point were u can throw em under the hid.

I wouldent worry about the fan atm let them grow a lil bit and as u see roots starting to come out the bottom of the cubes then start a gentle breeze on them and slowly build it up to help them get nice strong stems so they can hold there weight when in full bud...

I have previously made several comments on this... ;)

The seedlings don't need hard light until they have some composition - ala:some leaves.

I use the windowsill...you could use a CFL or if you stick with the HPS just remember that once you remove that dome the light will be MUCH stronger on them and the chances of frying them are increased.

Besides it's a waste of electricity... ;)

What temp is it in the dome? is stealth an issue - you can't just pop them on the windowsill?

Best of Luck.

Jimbo ;)

the temps are 17-18c lights off, and 25.5c when lights on......and i can prolly leave em next 2 a window or outside even but its been raining and not very sunny.

I got a cfl 6700k spec on the way so ill pop them under that in a day or 2 hopefully, ive got the light 1 meter or little more away with the dome on they shud be ok. I doubt they'll die, some people say stick with MH or HPS and others say more gentle with cfl's so either way id rather leave em under hps than a windowsill no offence, ;)

na i reckon they will handle the 400w, i mean they've obviously liked it so far. i have popped seeds under 400w too, you will just have to keep an eye on them so they dont burn or the rock wool dry out totally. watch your temperature closely and try to keep inside the dome humid for the first week or so of growth dependingon how big they get, then take the dome off once they have a few sets of leaves and drop your light closer. cfl bulbs are good but offer little heat into the propagation medium.