Grinders

Guys, i'm looking at buying a grinder off eBay. I'm basically looking for any feedback from anyone who's bought a grinder off eBay before. Acrylic, wood, or metal, please tell me about your experiences. Actually, tell me about any kind of grinder except for a Space Case, because there are already a couple of threads specifically about them.

Though I said I am looking for any and all feedback, I have already heard a few complaints about the aluminium grinders, where flakes of metal tend to be rubbed off every now and then. So, in particular, I have my eyes on a Chromium Crusher. [eBay link here]

Cheers.

Those lil herb grinders you can get at most smoke shops through Australia, not the same brand as that one but u can get em every ware.

I got one like that a Nimbin when i was for mardigrass.

Depending on how fine you want ya herb these lil grinders wont grind it up into real small, i found once u give it a run through the grinder then chop it a lil more by hand just to get some of the lil chunky bits out of it...

Grinders suck imho.

Shitload of resin gets stuck on the teeth, powder the weed up too fine an yer with some of the cheaper ones you can get metal shavings.

A rough chop with pair of scissors takes fuck all time an can scrape scissors afterwards.

Save ya money i reckon

peace

c

i havent done scissors for years

i have a deluxe grinder...:toke:

a sunbeam coffee and herb grinder..

funny story wen i bought me last 1

searching BIG W for em

ask a staff member for some help...

she tells me yes we stock them,they are kept in a locked cabinet

because the younger generation steal them to chop there marijuana up i believe..

pmsl...with a big grin on me dial i went off to the register

i also have a small hand grinder

she is only used wen i go on adventures

but if u are pulled over and searched a pair of scissors imo is easy to talk ya way out of

than ofc the grinder..i mean they are designed basically for 1 purpose imo

anywasy all the best and let us know wich way u go

bil

I use same as Billo, one of the sunbeam jobs. two or three taps seems to chop it up fine enough, although i tend to get a bit carried away sometimes, it is fun :toke:

Own one of the aluminium grinders from freewheelin too, as ppl have said I've had a few small shavings come off into my mix, not real good :toke:

:toke:

EDIT: telling me I spelled aluminium wrong, bloody American spelling :flex:

I've tried hand-cranked parsley choppers as from groceries and housewares shops, but find they're pretty mechanically lame. The blades break off the crankshaft if you hit a hidden stem.

I've found that nut choppers, preferably with a glass jar attached, are tough enough to handle cannabis for many years.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31B4qEjCHDL._AA280_.jpg

These should be $5-20 depending on quality and materials- Target, Kmart, housewares shops, some groceries. A metal hopper is preferable to plastic.

I seem to have an extensive array of grinders in my house.

I have plastic ones, metal ones, wood ones and electric ones.

IMHO the best is the wooden grinder that has nails inside it - best result, not too fine and really easy to use too.

2nd is the electric variety that IS the current generations preferred choice, and I go with a Kambrook chrome coffee grinder - $40 in Kmart. You can get carried away and turn it into dust but that's good in Joints.

I used the metal ones with pollen catchers for years - never had any metal shavings come off...I mean seriously, wtf are you going to grind that causes metal flakes to come off?????? The wire gauze seperating the pollen tray from the herb regularly wears out though and the grinder is useless after that so they don't last long if you pack large amounts into it each grind.

Wade from Cheating The Hangman sent me a good plastic job with a vape recently and that is good too.

Scissors are shit IMO and are my last resort - anyone using scissors is stuck in the 70's man... :toke:

Jimbo :flex:

Thanks, these replies are much appreciated.

jimbojones: Since i've never used any kind of grinder before, I can only go off what other people say, but the ones who complain about metal shavings claim they come from either the teeth grinding against eachother or the top and bottom grinding pieces rubbing against eachother. I assume that's part of the reason why Space Cases, new Sharpstones, and some other brands and models have nylon or teflon o-rings around the groove of the top piece.

One thing I have found out about these Chromium Crushers, is each tooth is a separate piece of metal "forged together" (seller's words) with each base. They're not solid pieces of metal with teeth carved into them like Space Cases and others are. It definitely takes a few points from it as there's potential for decreased longevity. Disappointing, as it was looking like a really good option before I realised this.

I don't know now. Maybe i'll get two. A Chromium and another cheaper aluminium one.

Edited by EeJay