Google Earth. The end is nigh

WDC, I live in a town so small that if I told you the precise population, you'd know right where I live. Well under 500, anyway. However, we have Google Earth coverage down to about 2-4m rez. You can't pick out my mailbox but you can definitely tell which house is mine.

I wouldn't worry too much about GE images of your house or neighbourhood. The GE images of my area are pretty obviously a few years old. Now, when they can manage LIVE images 24/7, then I'll start worrying, but probably not before.

thats pretty shitty for you, but i what i said was based on my experience with google earth as i have checked out all the places i have lived as well as where all my friends and family live and i have only been able to make out 2 houses, the rest were all impossible to make out as the resolution has been too shit :rolleyes:

It's scary... but if you REALLY want to get the tar scared out of you read DARK RIVERS OF THE HEART by Dean Koontz. It's an older book and at the end he explains how it's based in fact!

The plot is just another boy meets girl and they have to run from something looking to kill them, but even through all the silliness of the plot the message is clear that we can be watched way closer than you think!

Many of the pictures are 2 years plus old, I doubt you will have any issues now or in the future.

Simply too much data to be updating real time, it isn't practical.

I looked up my house and it was blurred as, I looked up work and sure enough there was my car - I had sold it three years prior though!!

I had a similar discussion with a friend of mine who is a surveyor. (not about weed though) and his reply was, It is almost impossible to get any closer than they already have unless they use a plane or some other type of aircraft within our atmosphere. When taking pictures from space all the layers cause distortion.

Meaning that they could easily take photos of us on the ground zoomed in but it would be so pixilated from the atmosphere that its pretty much usless. no matter how good their camera or lense is the earth will prevent this from happening.

Might I also point out that google earth is a neat tool for discovering interesting outdoor growing locations. It even has a ruler to measure distance. Like the distance from creek to growing location...I don't believe google earth is a real problem for growers at the moment anyway. Even so, if they can use it to find us. So we can use it to find sneakier places!

Keep it kuda!

Might I also point out that google earth is a neat tool for discovering interesting outdoor growing locations. It even has a ruler to measure distance. Like the distance from creek to growing location...I don't believe google earth is a real problem for growers at the moment anyway. Even so, if they can use it to find us. So we can use it to find sneakier places!

Keep it kuda!

my mentor has advised that i use google earth to find some good spots i have found 3 great spots but just getting to em is a bitch......