Google Earth. The end is nigh

I'm a little concerned with Google Earth. In 2006 they bumped their resolution x 4. Correct me if I'm wrong but if they up it by another x4 well we're all fucked. Can they do this cause its bloody close enough. Another x4 would make my ugly head visible.

We may not have very long so make hay while the sun's still shining. The world is closing in too friggin fast for me. :rolleyes:

Riv

i was going to edit that image out of your post as i thought it was your house, i really hope it isnt because it has the gps location at the very bottom and i didnt think you would upload the pic with that info if it was yours <_<

btw, google earth only does decent resolution images in populated areas, move to a town with 10,000 residents or less and you'll get a heaps blurry image from google earth :rolleyes:

btw, google earth only does decent resolution images in populated areas, move to a town with 10,000 residents or less and you'll get a heaps blurry image from google earth :rolleyes:

WDC, I live in a town so small that if I told you the precise population, you'd know right where I live. Well under 500, anyway. However, we have Google Earth coverage down to about 2-4m rez. You can't pick out my mailbox but you can definitely tell which house is mine.

I wouldn't worry too much about GE images of your house or neighbourhood. The GE images of my area are pretty obviously a few years old. Now, when they can manage LIVE images 24/7, then I'll start worrying, but probably not before.