Garrett pressured to take drug test

my son died on heroin, his son died on ecstasy, Peter Garret is the Devil cause he used to smoke pot... is it any surprise these people's kids turned to drugs? I mean we are talking about serious levels of stupidity here.

I think what is most disgusting about all this is the mentality that we are obliged to prove our innocence of something we shouldn't even be ashamed of.

and I guess Garret isn't interested in taking a stand on pot as he probably doesn't see it as worth fighting for and it would probably cripple him politically. :)

Edited by pipeman

Garrett's sold his rock-n-roll soul for a frontbench seat. I rather expect him to go pro-nuke any day now. He's a junior woodchuck in parliament now; pipeman's dead right that he's not going to rock the boat on cannabis.

It IS interesting to note that Finance Minister Nick Minchin is an old surfie stoner.

Will Mincho be pissing in the cup anytime soon?

Nah... :)

Sorry to hear about his son but these people with axes to grind shit me.

Your not alone bufo. it's never good hearing about parents losin' their kids before their time. But the way some of these parents come across, it's makes me wonder if their actually doing it out of respect for their child that they have lost or weather it's to promote their own public profile. It can be a fine line at times...

prohibiton is the reason his son died and he supports prohibition. There for its meaningless weather his fact sheets on his site are non biased or not.

His a bitter and confused man, fighting against his own fight lol Having said that I'm sure he does a great job at repairing families after drug prohibition has destoryed all there lives :D

I truly do feel sorry for this guy, but I feel more sorry for his son and all the other people in the past and future that will end up shooting, popping or snorting something thats to potent or mixed with some other shit, BECAUSE OF PROHIBITION!!!! :rolleyes:

By the way I'm suprised everyones giving up on garret, hes playing politics and if he wasnt playing politics he would not now be a labor front bencher. what everyones gotta understand is if people like daniel johns just keep there mouths shut, we will soon have a fellow toker with a shit load of influence up there in canberra <_< I was pissed when he sold out to the greens, but maybe his just playing his cards right.

He does, maybe you need to do some research before going off.

Maybe we should look at this dudes site, before we blast him for making emotional statements.

We should be giving them credit for at least telling the truth, and not perpetuating the bullshit.

I think people like him need to hear from people like us. He has lost his kid to a drug and therefore thinks all drugs are bad. You can't really blame him, cause he only knows what he has been told. Maybe people like us should tell him some home truths. Like the fact that his son died from Heroin, which was probably tainted, of unknown purity, on a black market run by criminals, which is a direct result of prohibition. Maybe if he realises this one little fact, then he might change his tune.

Ok, I had a look, just a bit of the usual dribble rehashed. Apart from mentioning a feeling of well being when smoked, lmfao, he mentions none of the positives cannabis can have for people with Glaucoma, Multiple sclerosis, Severe pain etc etc etc

I'd call his site biased, but then so am I. And he shouldn't be using the old 'lump heroin in with cannabis in the same sentence trick', thats underhanded and a trick used by whining, emotive, bitches not reasonable, informed, individuals,

but I doubt he's interested in hearing any one else's point of view on this, so, as you were gentlemen... <_< :rolleyes:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/natio...3833608886.html

After his candid confession, Senator Minchin was keen to express his reformed attitude: "I do very strongly believe that the consumption of marijuana is very dangerous, to be actively discouraged."

great isn't it? This is why cannabis will never be legalised, because even when ex stoners get in positions of influence they either have more important priorities or have forgotten whats its all about anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by pipeman

I have to jump in here because I know Tony Trimingham. While he's fairly dirty on drugs in general, Tony does have a realistic view of the effects of cannabis. He doesn't go in for the standard drug-warrior demonisation of cannabis. He's not out there telling people that their kids will be jonesing for hammer an hour after smoking their first jay. He's also quite aware that prohibition is largely implicatable in the quality of the heroin that killed his son.

Tony IS very much interested in new drug research, but like all of us, he's waiting for research that isn't coloured by government funding of outcome-based science, where one goes looking for the very worst news one can find about a substance.

Tony clearly suffers from some fuzzy logic on this subject.

"The whole point is, whether it's happened or not, it's the public raising of the act that's irresponsible, as far as I'm concerned.

talking about previous drug use is irresponsible? Lets forget for a moment that Tony is grouping in pot with heroin and other hard drugs, which in itself is retarded. He is then proposing that talking about drug use is irresponsible. Now whether or not you believe drug taking is dangerous or whether or not you think it should be illegal how can talking about using drugs be irresponsible? Thats the truth, good or bad, and you are not protecting young people by clouding them in ignorance, and that is what you are doing by discouraging public discussion about REAL LIFE drug users. :rolleyes:

Edited by pipeman