Garrett pressured to take drug test

Law Reform Party my arse!

Australians are not interested in much anymore – except the Weather-Girls’ tits and the game.

The brave bronzed Aussie is a thing of the past – it’s only a myth.

Who cares that:

The Reserve Bank of the Commonwealth of Australia is a private bank? (And yes, I’ve read the pro forma letter the Reserve Bank forwards to all inquiries.)

The World Bank has stated that either Australia or South Africa is the wealthiest ‘nation’ in terms of natural resources but we’re still walking backwards into the future with the backside falling out of our trackie pants?

John Howard, Paul Keating and I’ve absolutely no doubt others; maintain off-shore bank accounts and business structures? (Paul and Gareth maintain Swiss accounts.)

Of the two SAS personnel who carried out the Port Arthur massacre, one is still alive and stationed overseas (the other died in a Blackhawk crash)?

Bush paid Johnnie $500 million (US) to get Australians into the Coalition of the Killing? (Didn’t cost Bush anything – money is coming from Iraqi oil.)

Johnnie went to London to influence a British court case.

Do you think that the Australian media hasn’t been approached?

Do you really believe that there is any real difference in the political parties - in Australia or anywhere else?

An Article by a friend of mine.

Al Fish

An Australian Tradition

By Mike Baker

Sometime in the future, after the media circus has left, someone somewhere will try to discover why those involved in changing Australia did what they did. Of course, I cannot guarantee that this will ever happen or, if it ever does, how many years will have passed; but on the assumption that anyone is interested I could do a lot worse than make some observations.

At the close of the twentieth century there were some people in Australia who still believed that, although ill-defined, the concept of ‘a fair go’ was a workable one worth trying to save. And that an Australia where Australians did not dob in others or snitch on their mates was a culture that could still be revived. Certainly they were all motivated by the need to change Australian politics from being foundered on expedient compromise and based upon saying one thing and doing another, to a process enshrining real democracy.

A circumstance that may escape the notice of many is that they believed these old fashioned things at a time when the Australian taxation system was being reformed and foundered upon everybody forcing everybody else to comply with its regulations. That the political party that implemented Australia’s Goods and Services Tax won the election on the glaringly false premise that the new tax system would lower everybody’s tax and make the taxation system less burdensome should not have given these brave few much hope. Coupled with this, the fact that the Australian Democrats promised to vote against the overhaul and then augmented a far more complicated and cumbersome version of that tax while the Australian people slavishly complied by compiling their Business Activity Statements and one could be forgiven for admiring those who held fast to a better, more simple and radically democratic set of solutions.

That they had no success in the Australian court system - with a number of them losing their livelihoods, professional standing and homes in the process - is explained by their adherence to an older morality that was forged on foreign beaches and some of the bloodiest battlefields of history, long before any of them were born. That truth and the pursuit of what was right in the face of what was easy and wrong set them apart from their fellows need come as little surprise. That they kept their faith and attempted to keep their families together, despite the dawn and Christmas Eve visits of Process Servers, the Australian Federal Police raids and the conspicuous surveillance of their telephones, faxes and homes are matters I will only mention in passing. If asked, each would have their story worth the telling.

They continued to try to bring independence to the Australian people at a time of internationally accepted hypocrisy, for while the Australian government ordered our military into East Timor at the behest of the United Nations, the Australian Government itself existed by remaining in open and flagrant breach of the United Nations’ founding Charter and was maintained by criminal forgery – and forgery involving Elizabeth II!

The full extent to which the Australian political process and media were satisfied to hide the facts and dilute reality for votes and ratings respectively - and money collectively - may never be accurately known or satisfactorily explained, yet such was the climate in which the few laboured. That they were forced to repeat history by leaving Australia to secure victory is a matter that all Australians should ponder; though sadly few will.

The victory they will soon celebrated – each in their own way – will be for them the commemoration of a struggle won more than eighty-eighty years ago by others who had given all they could to the very best of their ability. The celebrations will not be a victory of men but the fulfilment of history. And although those who came before had sacrificed themselves and despite their names being recorded upon Rolls of Honour and in this nation’s memory, that earlier victory – until then - will remain forgotten; their legacy unfulfilled!

Like the soldiers of the Great War, those who fought to claim their nation’s birthright were forced to do so upon foreign soil. Their backgrounds and education were diverse. Separated by distance they collaborated to reclaim Australia from its past, for its people and their destiny. Many will never be recognized for who they are and what they did. All will carry their memories to the grave.

I doubt Australia will build monuments to mark their achievements. The world has changed. It may take many years – if at all – before others recognize that lasting greatness is not obtained through publicity but by recognized sacrifice and commitment to ideals which were quintessentially expressed by so many Australians in far flung European battlefields. Whatever future Australians chose for themselves rests upon those who volunteered their ability, courage and enduring belief that freedom, independence and sovereignty – won in war and hidden by history – would be discovered, proved and vindicated as the basis for all of our futures.

Michael Baker has been described ‘as a man with his eyes on his back but who continues to look over his shoulder’. Born in Yorkshire, he has lived for most of his varied callings within Australia and amongst its Peoples. Years ago he began an all- consuming quest that will end with his last breathe. He became a self-taught Legal and Historical Researcher. He is not a man to mess with!

Frazzo, I want to believe that Garrett hasn't abandoned everything he stood for in Life, v1.0... but when he's forced into singing the Labor party's songs instead of his own, he sure as hell gets a thick patina of hypocrisy.

I really want to believe that Garrett is the secret man-on-the-inside who, when Labor takes govt, will spring to life and fight for commonsense in IR, nuclear, cannabis and global warming policies... but you won't hear Garrett making that admission, will you?

I don't think we can do much else with Garrett but wait. The playing field is going to be very different after the elections.