vapourizer on the cheap

can someone explain what a shotty is?

Welcome to OS higgins ;) a shotty is a hole that you place a finger/thumb over to regulate the intake of air, on a bong it allows you to pull the last of the smoke out quickly, without it being restricted by the tiny hole in the cone :)

Also,does the jar to collect the vapours have to be as small as possible to trap the vapours in a shorter time?

Fucks me :) try both and let us know what you find is best.

How does the process of of putting the weed work,does it need to be chopped up and does it have to make contact with the bulb?

SCS's idea was to wrap alfoil around the bulb with excess foil at the top to form a bowl shape to hold the weed.

I also tried folding the bowl over so that the weed is enclosed in the alfoil and it seemed to vaporize quicker for more of hit :)

How long does the heat have to be going for before smoking it?

Only a minute or 2 when I used a 60w bulb.

Sorry,but i'm a complete newbie,just made one of these for the missus,she reports that it is a mild hit,am i doing something wrong?

I think there's a fair bit of trial and error involved to get it right, which is as good an excuse as any for having another sesh I reckon :)

Any info for a complete amateur who isn't smoking it,but making the accessories for the missus,

i want to keep her happy yeahhh,so any basic info/knowledge would help,thanks.

Thanks all,keep smokin',

Higgins.

I'm pretty sure that you have to aim for about 190C to vaporise the thc without burning the rest of it, try searching other vaporizer threads here on OS, there's been quite a few ;)

Good luck :applause:

cheers for your reply 67special,i will try some varitions on the original design,point taken good man,

the shotty biz,does she have to keep her finger on the hole while she is drawing or what?Also,what is

the 420 crew all about?And in your experience the best smoke,just so i can get the missy some and

impress her,thanks dedicated stonehead,

Higgins.

Only too happy to help higgins ;)

420Crew membership gets you access to some nice site extras... B) but I can't think of them right now :wave:

I joined more as a donation to help fund the site, just because I fucking love it here B) :D

As for the shotty, I didn't even bother with one on my experimental vape, it leaks enough air in around the light fitting.

Imo there is no 'best smoke', everybody has different tastes or reasons for getting stoned, so it'll depend on your missus personal preference. I've only ever grown bagseed, so I can't comment on different strains, but check out the 'strains & breeding' and 'seedbank' forums here on OS for some reviews.

Good on ya for helping out your missus mate B)

hey finally i got back here :). thanks for your repies 67, good job!!

higgins the mild hit maybe from your pot too, i likr the idea of folding the alfoil over too, can see that it would work. try chopping it up pretty fine too mate. just so it gets maximum contact with the bowl area. try different wattage bulbs too, experiment dude. no rules here this is a experiment thread.

granny what about some alloy tubing just like a alloy cone stem, its easily bent and formed( block one end and fill with sand first, block other end up , sand stops the tube from getting kinks in it) start bending. probably make a pattern to bend it around by putting nails into a piece of timber. then bend to the shape of the pattern. maybe clear coating the solder would do the job, just not fond of lead i'm not. is there any other stuff that they use for leadlighting???