vapourizer on the cheap

yeah i could see a dimmer working quite good to control the temp a bit more maybe experiment with that and bigger watt bulbs who knows possibilities are endless i suppose. usually lift the bottle a little bit but a shotty could be put in as you needed it, thats the beautiful thing about building your own hey. you could supa charge it if ya wanted to!!!!!

I could only find a 60w bulb, so it gets hot real quick and I just used the switch on the wall to control it :yahoo:

post-7959-1183990938_thumb.jpgpost-7959-1183990968_thumb.jpg

post-7959-1183991014_thumb.jpgpost-7959-1183991069_thumb.jpg

It cost nothing except 30 mins looking for the bits and slaping it together.

I need to replace the inner tubing with stainless steel tho, cause I'm bound to melt the plastic one if I leave it there.

I've had a few attempts at making vapes, but this is my personal best :)

thanks scs :)

here's a very cheaply made vapourizer that i make every now and then. sorry i dont have a real one at the moment might make one tomorrow and post it then. hope it might help someone out.

hi,a complete novice here,looking to buy vapourizers on here till i came across your Heath Robinson

device,i'm impressed by it's simplicity,although i won't be able to test it(i'm thinking of making it for the missus),i'd appreciate some instructions on how to use it correctly and any other tips that might be useful during operation,also a shopping list for the parts will come in handy,hope this is not too much to ask,

keep smokin man,

Higgins.

Ps.just a thought,been looking at the diagram again and i thought if the bottle was as small as possible

then it would fill with vapours quicker,or is necessary to have a larger bottle?

Edited by higgins

higgins... a jar of some sort, maybe one with a lid (so it has a good seal) a piece of timber, a batten fix light socket( available at any hardware), a power cord with a switch in it already( like the ones they use on some lamps) a 40w light bulb ( decided on 40w thru a lot of trail and error, not to hot and not to cold), some tubing whether it be plastic, metal( like a bong stem for instance), glass or even rubber. normal kitchen alfoil, some screws prolly, a 25mm or 30mm wood screw would do nicely. hard ware you might need; drill, screw drivers, chisels, a hammer. depending on your degree of creativity and skill of course. i have all the stuff to make one totally out of electric componants at the moment but cant post any pics due to my computer being sick( non genuine windows xp pro is all, no viruses).

just chop your smoko up a bit and place in the ring you've made on top of the bulb with the alfoil. place the jar over the top and switch it on, cover the ends of any tubes or shotty holes so no vapour can escape. then toke away using the shotty to regulate how fast you take it in. just experiment for the best way that suits yourself really. you need a jar that will fit over the bulb and fittings is all, again experiment to find what suits you.

buddyg.... cant see why you couldnt vape hash in it, never tried it myself but i'm sure it would work.

granny...... rather than drill your bottle( glass is horrible to drill unless you know what your doing properly) why not put the tubes up thru the timber at the bottom, just like 67 did with his( picture above).

I don't know why I thought the vapour rises to the top. That plus keeping the tube away from the heat. I have the tools and the jar shouldn't be difficult using the right bit and speed with the Dremel tool. I've cut thin glass Christmas balls to use as bubbles for the faeries I sculpt so I'm used to working with glass, and diamond saws and bits.

I also thought of making a stained glass cover instead of using the jar! Tiffany style with the copper foil and solder, and working a copper tube into it! Then it would just look like a handsome little lamp!

Just a simple square colorful cover. ;)

This whole post is great! If everyone in the world could just come together the way we do, we would never need another politician... just moderators. ;)