Solution to Alcohol abuse in Aboriginal Communities...

You've probably all seen the papers this week with all the fuss about alcoholism, violence and unemployment in Aboriginal communities, as usual the PM is soap boxing about saving children etc... Well the solution is quite simple really.

Here's an easy way to solve Aboriginal unemployment, violence and alcohol abuse all in one brilliant sweep.

Ban alcohol for a start, good, but don't leave them empty handed...Get them growing commercial quantities of cannabis. This would provide huge amounts of income and jobs for the communities seeing that Australians love their herb. Obviously this would include recreational (smoking) cannabis, medicinal cannabis and of course cannabis for hemp, as we all know it's a far superior product to cotton which uses ridiculous amounts of water produce.

If the people are smoking reefers instead of drinking they'll still be happy and they won't be fighting, plus they'll be producing an economically viable and sustainable crop and they'll all have jobs.

What do you reckon?...Oh, I forgot, silly me. That would mean we'd have to reconsider our prohibition on one of God's most useful plants. Our masters in the US wouldn't like that would they?

unfortunatly it aint no where near that easy

but would be a good idea but and not being nasty you may find none of them want to do anything anyway as the goverment give them $ to do nothing imho this needs to stop or be lessened so that they are forced to get one there own 2 feet

i think alot of this alcohole problem stems from bordom like me for instance if i didnt work or do anything i would be more inclined to smoke more weed or drink more due to bordom

anyhoo

cheerz :Dj:

:peace:

This is extremely unfortunate ...

And I fear that this is just another step toward exclusive control over the citizens by the governing forces ...

This supposed Civilization we call Australia is just another perversion of standards .. Racism and prejudice are among the primary causes of why wars are still fought now ... and probly always will be .. :whistle:

Yet they still feed us the rhetoric garbage to assure us that we are a "Great" nation , and a "lucky" country .. lmao .. :rolleyes:

And the reason that we "Still call Australia Home" is because we haven't had the unfortunate oppurtunity to be invaded by any hostile forces yet .. relatively .. :whistle: .. but doesn't anyone get the feeling that War amongst idiots (Imo 98% of everyone) will never end? .. coz I do .. get that feeling .. :sly:

We are being conditioned on a mass scale ..

Tho I realize that because you and I are such cool individuals we will most likely not be affected .. but still!?!? ... B) *

um .. I think I had a point ... but I may have to get back to you on that as It's getting hard to see in these beer goggles .. (Aaahhh! the bubbles are burning my eyes!!!) :xcited:

ANyhoo , good luck with that anyway , seeya next time .. and may the force be up you! :peace:

Budman :toke:

P.s. ... I bet on the rich ... :pokey:

Cheerz :)

get em growing..:rolleyes:

imo theyll never harvest a thing

as id say they would be able to sell it on the black market

and i cant see em lookin past an instant fix

if u get wat im sayin

ideally it would be great ya suggestion

all the best

bil

but would this stop the scum from touchin up the lil kiddies??

dont think so

the jails are overcrowded with aboriginals atm

and alot of the crimes are sex crimes imo

better shut up now or ill have a battle on me hanbds

Yes it's a big problem alright.

From a purely rational point of view, the odds of a community living in isolation with no meaningful purpose and access to alcohol, without experiencing problems are rare.

I think from memory the town of Daly Waters in the Northern Territory has the distinction of being known as (typical Australian play on words) the 'Beer with no Pub' referring back to the early 70's? when the publican as well as the whole town, population around 10-15, were drunkards, so the liquor license was revoked and the beer sales stopped.

Doesn't matter what colour, without any motivation and access to grog, any community will fall apart.

That's without taking into perspective a community of people who have been displaced, murdered, raped, sold into slavery and left floundering in splintered groups in a foreign world.

If both sides would accept and look at things from each others point of view it would help a great deal, I don't think society has that capacity yet. As a society we're as bad as the Middle East when it comes to resolving conflict, we just choose to ignore the turmoil rather than fight to change it. Either way until a change in the mindset occurs the song remains the same, hehe cudos to Led Zep :rolleyes:

Hmm, lead up to last election... Didn't we have the "Kids Overboard" thing going on? We all know what a BS fabricated yarn that turned out to be...

Yes it is true, the blackfella has been isolated 'n fed grog 'n money for decades. But the reality of it all is that there's no quick fix to the problem created by goverments of the past. It'll take a few generations to break this cycle. There's no quick fix and if anything, they better write up a long term strategy. Because they won't address this prob in a 4 year term.

Sorry, but i'm not about to buy this new push from our gov. Lil' Johnny has been in politics long enough to be able address this situation. It seems johnny likes to pull the at the heart-strings of the general public by using these child abuse stories to win a few votes in an election year. Unfortunately there'll be pedophiles in all communities, but do you see a clamp down on every community? Until i know all the facts for myself 'n not from a gov report. They can stick this new action where the sun don't shine.

This time it seems Johnny has gone overboard...

:rolleyes: