An exercise in tying down

Guest bacchus

Guest bacchus

well its been almost two weeks since last pic, thought that i would update....

the strength of cannabis never fails to amaze me and after receiving a bit of a battering by weather and a bit of discipline from me she(?) is looking good and starting to salute the sun....

post-17-1046133455_thumb.jpg

Guest bacchus

i have also tipped it out and with the added amount of sunlight reaching her by opening her up the tipping has added a great amount of new growth....

so that's all, cheers for looking and i will keep the photos coming while there is interest... :)

post-17-1046133619_thumb.jpg

Guest bacchus

its a girl........ :D

sorry the, photo might not be too clear, but she is starting to flower and hairs are showing....quite a wait yet and although she is a bit of a dodgy looking thing, i'm not that concerned with having a huge yield...just happy that it is a girl and pretty healthy...she is showing some purple stems and slight yellowing of the leaves which i hear can be an indicator for a phosphorous deficiency....can someone tell me if this is so and if it is ok to give her something to rectify during flowering....so far she is in some nice fertile potting mix and is being fed with seasol as i want to keep her organic....

thanks for your time guys and girls... :P

post-17-1046487978_thumb.jpg

she is showing some purple stems and slight yellowing of the leaves which i hear can be an indicator for a phosphorous deficiency....

yes bacchus, it's normal when the plants start their flowering phase.... it is nitrogen deficiency... avoid excessive ammonium nitrogen, which can interfere with other nutrients. too much N delays flowering. plants should be allowed to become N-deficient late in flowering for best flavor. :rolleyes: yummy..

mine have done that... it's mostly the big water leaves and most of the leaves near the bottom at the base of the stem....

phosphorous is what you need right now... not too much but this is what the buds i think love... i'm feeding mine monsta bud which contains some phosphates and some other crazy stuff.. ehhe... makes the hairs grow like white spikes... crazy>

but your plant looks so fuken sexy... herher.. good job.. keep tha pics commin

lol this is awesome...

Guest bacchus
she is showing some purple stems and slight yellowing of the leaves which i hear can be an indicator for a phosphorous deficiency....

yes bacchus, it's normal when the plants start their flowering phase.... it is nitrogen deficiency... avoid excessive ammonium nitrogen, which can interfere with other nutrients. too much N delays flowering. plants should be allowed to become N-deficient late in flowering for best flavor. :huh: yummy..

mine have done that... it's mostly the big water leaves and most of the leaves near the bottom at the base of the stem....

phosphorous is what you need right now... not too much but this is what the buds i think love... i'm feeding mine monsta bud which contains some phosphates and some other crazy stuff.. ehhe... makes the hairs grow like white spikes... crazy>

but your plant looks so fuken sexy... herher.. good job.. keep tha pics commin

:) this is awesome...

thanks for the help brimstone....exactly what i needed to know....

the girl, hmmm we will have to come up with a name for her, any suggestions???

anyhow as i was saying the girl has had a bit of a phosphorous and slight nitrogen pick-me-up and we will see how we go....

she has been "restrained" again and the flowering sites are getting a lot more light....

post-17-1047245443_thumb.jpg

Edited by bacchus

no probs bacchus, sounds good what ur feeding her... it's good to have that nitrogen boost at the start of flowering...

hmmm... well i thought Belinda would be a nice name for her... or maybe Charlotte... just suggestions... but she has an interesting shape... beautiful plant, well done... :huh:

keep those pics commin...

Guest bacchus

thanks brimstone....

charlotte might be the front runner at the moment....

she has had a hard life thus far, but it just goes to show what good old mj can handle and still have the potential to come up with some sort of result, sure they haven't been ideal conditions nor is she going to have a huge yield, but she is going to do enough to make me happy and i think that is what it should be about....

as someone said here (sorry guys and girls i can't remember who) we have to remember it is just a weed....and i think it's true, imo you can look after them make sure they are well looked after and try to uderstand what makes them tick...but it gets to a point where nature has to be respected and human involvement can only go so far....the rest is up to fate...

just my opinion guys, please don't get offended..

bacchus

Edited by bacchus

Guest Urbanhog
as someone said here (sorry guys and girls i can't remember who) we have to remember it is just a weed....and i think it's true, imo you can look after them make sure they are well looked after and try to uderstand what makes them tick...but it gets to a point where nature has to be respected and human involvement can only go so far....the rest is up to fate...

bacchus

I think that's well said :huh: :)

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

bacchus

I think that's well said :huh: :)

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

agreed guys... hehe... but i must say it is a worthwhile experience growing your own... there are so many very interesting things about mj, and well all plants i guess, that you learn...

happy growin..

brimstone.