when do you switch from veg to bloom nutes?

hi all

just looking for your opinion as to when to switch from veg to flower nutrients?

historically i have switched at the beggining of 12/12. have read that its good to stay on veg formulation for 7 to 14 days. any thoughts?

ps as im in scrog, im trying to encouage as much lateral growth as possible in the first 7 days of 12/12 in order to fill out the net as much as possible before applying a PGR at day 7 into 12/12. therefore my thought would be to stay on veg formulation for first 7 days of 12/12 and then switch to bloom at the same time as using the PGR. does this sound logical

personally I think youre better flushing the veg nutes out and adding the flower nutes as soon as you switch to 12/12... this would help trigger the flowering process faster...

as for filling out the screen.. all strains will have an initial stretch for the first 2-4weeks... you need to find the point of switching to 12/12 and sort of judge how much they will stretch.. its a trial and error as every strain is slightly different and some will stretch more than others...

dosing with Rock Juice or SuperBud pretty much stops the stretch in its tracks.. so it might be worth trying some of that... this way you can just fill your screen to where you need it and the ad the RJ to halt the stretch

theres a few different techniques you can use... but either way I reckon youre better switching to flower nutes as you turn the lights back...

the only reason I can see to keep them on vegnutes for the first week is maybe if you wanted to clone them.. after the lights were turned back

I have a liq fert that works real well I grow in dirt from my yard mixed w/sand & some organic stuff from bottom of my mulch pile. I don't switch nutes but I add a bit of epsom salts 3-4 days before going 12/12. To me I think this gets them ready for the sudden change, but not a scientific :applause: study. :whistle:

The fert is here:

http://www.californiagoldjojoba.com/html/plant_food.html

Good luck every one. Be safe!!!

medMUser